KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Solomon the Monitor vs Darkseid

Solomon the Monitor vs Darkseid
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Solomon the Monitor vs Darkseid

Scenario One- Post Crisis Darkseid
Scenario Two- Pre Crisis Darkseid

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 02:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Solomon
Darkseid

It was clear that Solomon was able to defeat herald level characters with much more ease than post Seid.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 03:36 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Solomon (though I think it'd be very close)
Darkseid

I would also like to add that one of my personal highlights of the Countdown series was seeing Solomon outsmart Darkseid, and essentially beat him at his own game. Dat wuz wyn!!11!!

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 9th, 2010 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 03:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

I would also like to add that one of my personal highlights of the Countdown series was seeing Solomon outsmart Darkseid, and essentially beat him at his own game. Dat wuz wyn!!11!!

When did that happen? I haven't read that horrible series in a while now.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 04:43 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Between Countdown 9-1, iirc. Solomon is the one who planted certain 'seeds' that eventually blossomed into Darkseid's defeat.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 04:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What did Solomon actually do>

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 11:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Wait, which Monitor was Solomon again? Was he the one that was 'helping' the heroes or the one that killed Joker's daughter?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 12:16 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Between Countdown 9-1, iirc. Solomon is the one who planted certain 'seeds' that eventually blossomed into Darkseid's defeat.

Sounds bogus to me. Are you telling me that Solomon was behind the Source sending Orion to kill Darkseid?

Also Solomon never did manage to become the Prime Monitor.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 02:27 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Wait, which Monitor was Solomon again? Was he the one that was 'helping' the heroes or the one that killed Joker's daughter?

He became Mandrakk II in Final Crisis

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 02:53 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -K-M-
He became Mandrakk II in Final Crisis

That was Rox Ogama.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:01 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Omega Vision
That was Rox Ogama.

Whoops yeah your right,

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:04 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sounds bogus to me. Are you telling me that Solomon was behind the Source sending Orion to kill Darkseid?

Also Solomon never did manage to become the Prime Monitor.
Solomon is the one who told the heroes about the Soul Battery within Jimmy Olsen. That 'seed' is what made the heroes send Atom into Jimmy to search for, remove, and destroy the Battery.

This a.) prevented Darkseid from achieving omnipotence, and b.) allowed Orion to 'kill' him (which, as we would see soon after, is what initiated Darkseid's 'multiverse-busting' fall in FC.)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:32 PM
Omega Vision

Solomon is the one who told the heroes about the Soul Battery within Jimmy Olsen. That 'seed' is what made the heroes send Atom into Jimmy to search for, remove, and destroy the Battery.

This a.) prevented Darkseid from achieving omnipotence, and b.) allowed Orion to 'kill' him (which, as we would see soon after, is what initiated Darkseid's 'multiverse-busting' fall in FC.)

Where was Solomon during Final Crisis?

Shitting his pants, that's where.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He was plotting. Obviously.

Srsly though I wondered the exact same thing while reading FC. After Darkseid's 'death', Solomon returned to the multiversal nexus with the rest of his brethren, and hasn't been seen since. I guess there just hasn't been a need for him since Countdown... But I'm sure we'll see him again.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 10th, 2010 at 04:23 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:21 PM
Omega Vision

He was plotting. Obviously.

Srsly though I wondered the exact same thing while reading FC. After Darkseid's 'death', Solomon returned to the multiversal nexus with the rest of his brethren. I'm sure we'll see him again.

I'm pretty sure we won't. All the Monitors except for Nix (who was made into a human) were reabsorbed into the Primal Monitor at the end of FC. As Nix said the Final Crisis was the crisis of the Monitors.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm pretty sure we won't. All the Monitors except for Nix (who was made into a human) were reabsorbed into the Primal Monitor at the end of FC. As Nix said the Final Crisis was the crisis of the Monitors.
I don't think so. All Nix decreed was that Monitors were not to have any further contact with the germ world:
(please log in to view the image)

The actual race of Monitors, the orrery of worlds, etc. seemed to be intact. Hell, the 'head Monitor' even invited Nix to rejoin the circle of Monitors (an offer Nix obviously refused.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 10th, 2010 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:32 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Writting it wink

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 04:34 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote