KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross Genre Voting Thread #10

Cross Genre Voting Thread #10
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Cross Genre Voting Thread #10

Instead of a poll there will be a new voting system this time around: open ballot voting.

State your vote and give a brief (or detailed if you wish) reason why you think it's a good match. Don't even try voting more than once. Also I'll be looking for sock votes so don't even try it.

Voting ends at noon (central) on Tuesday or when one nomination attains ten votes.

Here are the options:

Dante Sparda, from the "DMC" series vs. The Demon, Etrigan

General Grievous, from "Star Wars" vs. Wolverine & Sabretooth

Yoruichi Shihoin, from "Bleach" vs. Cheetah (Minerva)

Ben Tennyson (current), from "Ben 10" vs. Super Skrull

Glory, the Beast, Jasmine, Marcus Hamilton & Illyria, from "The Buffy-verse" vs. Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit & Jean

I vote for Yoruichi vs Cheetah. My reasoning is that Yoruichi has some decent strength and speed feats as well as plenty of skill and a few other powers to make it a competitive fight against a powerhouse like Cheetah. Also they both have a feline angle.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 09:46 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

i second yoruichi vs cheetah. yoruichi is rather impressive speedwise and has the the ability to expend massive amounts of reiatsu in order to make her incredibly formidable at melee. i think shed make a great match for cheetah and possibly match her in speed

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 10:04 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

For fanfare sake, I vote for my idea, General Grievous Vs. Wolverine and Sabertooth. Reasoning being that all 3 are characters that the general population of KMC know very well, there are a large contingent of fans for Star Wars as well as X-men, and it seems to be the most readily accessible choice, so that's my official vote.

Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of. I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 10:13 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of.
i think you and me are among the very few Buffy-verse fans.
I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster.

Originally, i had Caleb, Angel, Spike, Buffy and Faith apart of the match but i figured the god-like character's were enough to tangle with the x-Men included. if i had added more, i think it would have gotten cluttered.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 10:39 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Dante vs Etrigan
-----------------
Dante is a class 100 (he could support/hold the Savior with two hands without struggle - DMC 4) and is fast enough to react to lightning (Trish's blasts - original DMC)... And he can do those without using his Devil Trigger thing. Plus, he's a half demon kinda like Etrigan.

Last edited by TheTyrant on Aug 16th, 2010 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 01:06 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

For fanfare sake, I vote for my idea, General Grievous Vs. Wolverine and Sabertooth. Reasoning being that all 3 are characters that the general population of KMC know very well, there are a large contingent of fans for Star Wars as well as X-men, and it seems to be the most readily accessible choice, so that's my official vote.

Unofficially, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel, so the Buffyverse characters vs. The X-Men intrigues me more, but I'm fairly certain that not enough people on the forum have watched Buffy and/or Angel to know who those characters are or what they're capable of. I'm also a little disappointed that Caleb (Nathan Fillion's character in Season 7 of Buffy) wasn't on the Buffyverse roster.
I have to disagree with you on that.I really don't see grevious having any chance at winning.They can take a few hits from a lightsaber,he has no force,and either could potentially and easily one shot him.

Nod ben 10 vs. Super skrull.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 01:11 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Yoruichi vs Cheetah.

I think they're comparable in terms of overall abilities.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 01:26 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ben vs Skrull

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 02:55 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

can't we have all 4?

democracy strikes again

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 04:01 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Now that i really think about it, the Ben vs. SS matchup is a rapestomp in favor of Ben. He has an alien (Way Big) strong enough to wipe out city-blocks with a punch and another (Big Chill) who creates ice so cold that it turns into fire.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:11 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Are "Way Big" and "Big Chill" the actual names?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:19 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Are "Way Big" and "Big Chill" the actual names?
lol. Yes, yes they are. They have actual alien names, but Ben gives each a nickname.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:22 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'll give my vote to Yoruichi vs. Cheetah. Even though i think Grimmjow would have been a better match, I think Yoruichi has enough speed and ability to make it good.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:32 AM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ i disagree, cheetah is awfully underrated. Mid heralds>>All bleach characters except Aizen.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 12:05 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Yoruichi Shihoin, from "Bleach" vs. Cheetah (Minerva)

The only one where there would be a serious argument.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 12:39 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Starwars vs Weapon X

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 02:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by marwash22
Now that i really think about it, the Ben vs. SS matchup is a rapestomp in favor of Ben. He has an alien (Way Big) strong enough to wipe out city-blocks with a punch and another (Big Chill) who creates ice so cold that it turns into fire.

It's not like he can use all of his alien powers at once though. That's a major disadvantage against SS.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 03:07 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Bentley
Starwars vs Weapon X
What does that mean?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 03:53 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Black bolt z
What does that mean?

General Grievous (Star Wars) vs Wolverine and Sabretooth (Weapon X)

You see, Greivous hails from the Star Wars Universe, and Wolverine and Sabretooth were both a part of Weapon X so you could just say Star Wars vs Weapon X.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 03:56 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

^ It would seem as if most believe that a lightsaber wouldn't cut through adamantium... this brings to question, why was a spite thread allowed to make it this far?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 04:03 PM