KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Seth Vs Thanos

Seth Vs Thanos
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seth Vs Thanos

(please log in to view the image)

I have returned

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 11:55 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Ah, that's the "infamous" issue where "long dead suns were igniting!" and "galaxies were crumbling" but the only thing shown on panel was a bearhug?

I say Thanos, because Seth is laughable.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 11:58 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Ah, that's the "infamous" issue where "long dead suns were igniting!" and "galaxies were crumbling" but the only thing shown on panel was a bearhug?

I say Thanos, because Seth is laughable.
seth jobbs but this is non jobbing seth, also all that was happening because of the energy and reality warping released in the battle

I have returned

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:00 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
seth jobbs but this is non jobbing seth, also all that was happening because of the energy and reality warping released in the battle

Yeah but all i saw on panel was them hugging each other.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:02 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

you didnt read the comic

I have returned

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:11 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

you didnt read the comic

Actually I did. What was said by the narrator didn't match what was shown on panel.

Galaxy destroying bearhug for the win! I'm still giving this to Thanos.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:13 AM
vansonbee
Isee

Seth for high majority.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:43 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually I did. What was said by the narrator didn't match what was shown on panel.

Galaxy destroying bearhug for the win! I'm still giving this to Thanos.

It might LOOK like a slugfest. But it wasn't. Mere mortal minds couldn't comprehend it.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:51 AM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Going with the galaxy busting bearhug. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

its what usually happens when fighting in a plane of existence, it tends to effect the lower planes.

i dont by the feat in itself but of the location where the battle took place.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:56 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by amnesia
It might LOOK like a slugfest. But it wasn't. Mere mortal minds couldn't comprehend it.

That would make sense if what was narrated matched what was on panel. Long dead suns re-igniting! Distant galaxies crumbling! But all I saw was a lot of man-hugs and wrastlin'.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:58 AM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your mortal eyes didn't comprehend it.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:59 AM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

That would make sense if what was narrated matched what was on panel. Long dead suns re-igniting! Distant galaxies crumbling! But all I saw was a lot of man-hugs and wrastlin'.

There was also a battle between Odin and Dormammu that appeared as a Chess match to mortal eyes. It's called a metaphor.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:03 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Omega Vision
There was also a battle between Odin and Dormammu that appeared as a Chess match to mortal eyes. It's called a metaphor.

Actually that's how Thor saw it no? He's not exactly mortal. And nowhere was it mentioned that galaxies were being destroyed because Dormammu and Odin were having it out.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:09 AM
Omega Vision

Actually that's how Thor saw it no? He's not exactly mortal. And nowhere was it mentioned that galaxies were being destroyed because Dormammu and Odin were having it out.

I don't recall who it was that witnessed the Chess match/battle, but it was clear that the Chess match was just a metaphor for the actual battle with Odin and Dormammu acting as agents of Order and Chaos respectively.

My point was that what you see isn't necessarily what's happening. It was a higher plane conflict which had effects on the lower planes.

If you can't accept that then there's really nothing more for us to discuss.

Seth wins.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:16 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I don't recall who it was that witnessed the Chess match/battle

It was clearly Thor who witnessed it but didn't understand what was going on. Thor's not mortal maybe he's just slow for a god?

quote:
My point was that what you see isn't necessarily what's happening. It was a higher plane conflict which had effects on the lower planes.

If you can't accept that then there's really nothing more for us to discuss.

Seth wins.

Yes and my point is, if the narrator is saying one thing and what's being depicted by the artist is showing another, I'm gonna have to go with the artist's take, since the narrator could be engaging in hyperbole.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:19 AM
Omega Vision

It was clearly Thor who witnessed it but didn't understand what was going on. Thor's not mortal maybe he's just slow for a god?

He's not on Dormammu or Odin's level so it's not entirely implausible that he could be unable to comprehend their battle.

quote:

Yes and my point is, if the narrator is saying one thing and what's being depicted by the artist is showing another, I'm gonna have to go with the artist's take, since the narrator could be engaging in hyperbole.

It sounds to me like you're ignoring the writer's intent. Writers direct the artist, not the other way around.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:23 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

zop clearly doest understand.

if the narrator says something is happening and it doesnt show, its probably not conceivable to the human mind thus cant be drawn
these guys were probably fighting in multiple planes ( 3D 4D 5D Astral Plane etc) most likely that cant be drawn
this is probably why the multiverse was effected

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Sep 4th, 2010 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:31 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

He's not on Dormammu or Odin's level so it's not entirely implausible that he could be unable to comprehend their battle.

Makes sense, seeing as how Thor isn't anywhere near their level in power.

quote:
It sounds to me like you're ignoring the writer's intent. Writers direct the artist, not the other way around.

Then the writer should have double checked the artist's work. Because the narration didn't match what was shown on panel. And hyperbole isn't uncommon in comics.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:33 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

zop clearly doest understand.

I understand just fine Colossus. I can show you multiple instances where the writer/narrator was saying "galaxies crumble" and it was shown on panel. Hell just check and see what Vulcan did with the Phoenix Force (with Jean secretly holding him back) in What If : Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire.

What was shown in that Seth/Odin throw down didn't match up with the narration, AT ALL.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:35 AM