KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross Genre Nominations #15

Cross Genre Nominations #15
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Cross Genre Nominations #15

Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

(6) When nodding state which would win in your opinion.

Characters off limits:
Until 16th thread:
Szayel, Ulquiorra, Stark, Barragan, Mayuri, Tosen, Yama, Tessai, Hachi, Byakuya, Ichigo, Aizen & Shunsui, Wonder Woman

Until 17th thread:
Gorgon, Kakashi

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:10 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Machamp vs Colossus

Machamp has mastered all known forms of martial arts, can punch 1,000 times in two seconds and has a lot of strength. Colossus is also very strong, very durable, and I'm sure can handle himself in a fight.

Infernape vs Batman

A lot of the same stuff above, except Infernape isn't actually slow since it has access to Mach Punch. It also has various other attacks that will no doubt be useful. Ranged attacks included, as well as it's own unique style of Martial Arts. Batman is, well, Batman. Expert MAer, loads of gadgets, one of the best crime fighters in his world.

Tomba vs Moon Knight or Batman/some other High streeter

Tomba's got strength, items, and is fairly fast via Animal Dash and can climb on 90 degree surfaces that do not have to be suitable for climbing. Tomba doesn't really have H2H skill, but he is pretty damn strong and mobile. Fully equipped from both games, I bet I can make a case for a win on one of those fights.

Viewtiful Joe vs Green Arrow and Hawkeye

A random guess at something that might turn out to be good.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:23 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This supposed to get pinned?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

moocow, most of the threads you want will be you arguing against yourself erm

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:28 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Is there anyone outside of comics who would make a good match for PC Mordru? Like not stomping or getting stomped?
quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
This supposed to get pinned?

Yes.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:31 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

There's no Batman or Colossus fans around here?

And no actually, I wouldn't. I do not like Batman or Colossus.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:32 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm a Colossus fan, but i know f*ck all about Pokemon bar the old cartoons.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Cross Genre Nominations #15

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Characters off limits:
Until 16th thread:
Szayel, Ulquiorra, Stark, Barragan, Mayuri, Tosen, Yama, Tessai, Hachi, Byakuya, Ichigo, Aizen & Shunsui, Wonder Woman

Until 17th thread:
Gorgon, Kakashi
does this mean this is getting put up now?

*gets scans ready*

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:35 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Re: Re: Cross Genre Nominations #15

Originally posted by psycho gundam
does this mean this is getting put up now?

*gets scans ready*

It's getting put up at the end of the week/beginning of the next. But barring an act of God it will be the 14th thread.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:37 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i'll pm gorgon's demise since i'm never on time cause of work.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
There's no Batman or Colossus fans around here?

And no actually, I wouldn't. I do not like Batman or Colossus.
it's the pokemon part, nobody will know if you're making stuff up or not. the games, the old cartoon, and the bio entries represent three totaly different creatures (as far as the translation of the bio goes).

i vaguely remember the big crab having a claw crushing power of 10,000-100,000 horse power, yet mine got nailed by a rat while walking in a bushy area :/ the rat's spine must have been coated in adamantium

Last edited by psycho gundam on Sep 8th, 2010 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 01:41 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Superman

Vs.

The USS Enterprise NC1701A (Kirk in command), USS Enterprise NC1701-E (Picard in Command), and USS Defiant NX74205 (Sisko in Command)

The ships get an hour of prep.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Sep 8th, 2010 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:06 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Xena, the Warrior Princess, and her "sidekick" vs Batman and his "ward."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:09 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

they have a star trek comic with gladiator in it, and he pwned

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:09 AM
Etna
Demon Lord Beauty Queen

One Piece Universe vs Superman!

I'm jk Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:26 AM
Etna is currently offline Click here to Send Etna a Private Message Find more posts by Etna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Snake, Raiden, Vamp (MGS) vs. Punisher, Blade, Deadpool

He-Man & She-Ra vs. Thor & Wonder Woman

Legolas (LOTR) vs. Hawkeye

Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull

Mega Man vs. Cyborg

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:33 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by byrdgang21
He-Man & She-Ra vs. Thor & Wonder Woman
i'd nod, but i think this has been done before

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:38 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

i'll pm gorgon's demise since i'm never on time cause of work.

it's the pokemon part, nobody will know if you're making stuff up or not. the games, the old cartoon, and the bio entries represent three totaly different creatures (as far as the translation of the bio goes).

i vaguely remember the big crab having a claw crushing power of 10,000-100,000 horse power, yet mine got nailed by a rat while walking in a bushy area :/ the rat's spine must have been coated in adamantium

A Kingler being pwned by a Rattata gets filed under non-canon as optional game play. We cannot actually prove that said Rattata even fought a Kingler. We can only use the parts of it that are the same for every player. These include the Pokedex entries and move pools.

I don't really use the anime for much. I do think it should be used to show what Pokemon moves actually look like though, otherwise anything with Seismic Toss in Gold/Silver/Crystal can toss a planet. The move descriptions in the games can also be used for that.

As for making shit up, I can just quote Bulbapedia on just about anything I'd use.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:38 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Machamp

^ i see nothing more than what any bio can provide, my real question is how will you transform any of this into an argument that can be supported with evidence other than the games you've played?

pokemon isn't very popular anymore, especially with folks older than 12

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:49 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Machamp

^ i see nothing more than what any bio can provide, my real question is how will you transform any of this into an argument that can be supported with evidence other than the games you've played?

pokemon isn't very popular anymore, especially with folks older than 12

I don't understand why I'd need anything other than the games. They have the quotes from the Pokedex which, when they're useful at all, provide just about anything I'd need to make a decent argument.

Also very untrue.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by illadelph12
Superman

Vs.

The USS Enterprise NC1701A (Kirk in command), USS Enterprise NC1701-E (Picard in Command), and USS Defiant NX74205 (Sisko in Command)

The ships get an hour of prep.

you'd need a bigger fleet imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 04:02 AM