KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos and Seth Vs Odin

Thanos and Seth Vs Odin
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos and Seth Vs Odin

who wins here

I have returned

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:40 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Which Seth? If it's Journey Into the Mystery Seth, it's a near split or edge to Odin. Any other version and Team 1 gets crushed.

Thanos is a non factor.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:43 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Which Seth? If it's Journey Into the Mystery Seth, it's a near split or edge to Odin. Any other version and Team 1 gets crushed.

Thanos is a non factor.
uber seth

I have returned

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:44 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thanks. I'm assuming Odin will be at 100%. Where does the battle take place? Asgard?

And ignore the "any other version" statement. Pretty sure Seth held his own against Odin during DeFalco's run when he was a giant snake -ala Set- but I believe Odin was drained and so on. Not completely sure. There have been many incarnations of Seth.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:47 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Thanks. I'm assuming Odin will be at 100%. Where does the battle take place? Asgard?

And ignore the "any other version" statement. Pretty sure Seth held his own against Odin during DeFalco's run when he was a giant snake -ala Set- but I believe Odin was drained and so on. Not completely sure. There have been many incarnations of Seth.

Odin gave Thor most of his power to fight Surtur. He tapped into Asgard for power and still beat Seth.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:03 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

There you go. I forgot the fact that both fights were at the same time. This was all issue #400 I think.

DeFalco's and Frenz's run is really underrated in my opinion.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:07 AM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Team. Pretty easily

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:39 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Odin mops the floor with them, point blank.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:51 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Point blank... Ummm no... the team wins easily

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:37 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Odin gave Thor most of his power to fight Surtur. He tapped into Asgard for power and still beat Seth.
didnt seth forcefully removed odin from his fight with surtur?

I have returned

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:41 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Team. Pretty easily

Hop off that purple d*ck.

Thanos is a non factor. If Odin's fighting the uber incarnation of Seth, his going to be at uber levels as well. Seth is the only reason the Team has a chance and although it would be a hell of a fight, I'd give it to a competent Odin.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 08:22 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Hop off that purple d*ck.

Thanos is a non factor. If Odin's fighting the uber incarnation of Seth, his going to be at uber levels as well. Seth is the only reason the Team has a chance and although it would be a hell of a fight, I'd give it to a competent Odin.

Funny you say a non factor since Odin by HIMSELF couldn't put Thanos down. He was actively trying to do so and failed to do so. He stepped it up and brought out his spear... Thanos walked right through it. Lets not forget that Thanos took punishment that wasn't needed and was still just fine. He could've brought out his shields and didn't. His blast power as shown against Galactus has also increased. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos would've been logically holding back some being that you don't wanna KO or KILL someone you need help from. He was seeking Odin's help to solve the bigger problem. Thus it's logical to think you wouldn't KO that person. So... we have his blast power increasing we have Odin having ot fight uber seth which Thanos is just blasting the shit out of him from behind. We know Odin can't put THanos down in the least as shown on panel and certainly not quickly. Plus we know Odin would have to deal with his biggest thread leaving Thanos there to f up Odin and easily turn the tide of this fight.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 09:39 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

@ KuRuPT Thanosi

It's pointless arguing. We were shown on panel Odin going all out trying to put down the man that was responsible for imprisoning his son and defeating Asgard's defenders. Thanos wasn't hurt in the least and the artist even got the message across by showing only minor, VERY minor, cosmetic damage to Thanos clothing.

Sure he wasn't budging Odin, but that's besides the point. Odin COULD NOT PUT THANOS DOWN. They, and by they I mean Odin, were destroying Asgard proper, and Thanos just kept on ticking.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 09:51 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

^Shouldn't you be somewhere whining about how Odin -and people of his level- shouldn't be doing something they've been shown capable of doing more than once?

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Funny you say a non factor since Odin by HIMSELF couldn't put Thanos down. He was actively trying to do so and failed to do so. He stepped it up and brought out his spear... Thanos walked right through it. Lets not forget that Thanos took punishment that wasn't needed and was still just fine. He could've brought out his shields and didn't. His blast power as shown against Galactus has also increased. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos would've been logically holding back some being that you don't wanna KO or KILL someone you need help from. He was seeking Odin's help to solve the bigger problem. Thus it's logical to think you wouldn't KO that person. So... we have his blast power increasing we have Odin having ot fight uber seth which Thanos is just blasting the shit out of him from behind. We know Odin can't put THanos down in the least as shown on panel and certainly not quickly. Plus we know Odin would have to deal with his biggest thread leaving Thanos there to f up Odin and easily turn the tide of this fight.

Typical idiocy.

It's a good showing for Thanos. You still don't seem to understand that to fight Seth at this level, Odin will have to be operating on a higher end level. I.e. growing to gigantic sizes -which makes him more powerful- and tapping into his well of power further. Thanos would be a non factor. Hope off that purple d*ck. Thanos did a bit better than Thor against Odin. Thor wouldn't stand a chance against Odin in a fight either. It's why I wouldn't give Thor the win over Galactus in a fight. At least not when I'm being honest.

You know what really ticks me off about the Thanos fight? People use it as some sort of definitive showing of Odin when it's Odin's lowest battle showing I've ever seen. At least on panel.

Odin blasts Thanos with some Anti-Matter and reduces him to a skeleton. Odin one shots Thanos like Thor did when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. I can play this game all day.

Where was it stated Thanos' power out put was increased? Are you making shit up? I hope your reasoning isn't that he was able to knock Galactus off his feet so his power output must have been increased since he was unable to do so to Odin.

Thanos did have shields on. He used them to block Odin's first blast. Odin simply broke through them -he staggers Thanos with his second one- with his power output.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 16th, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:01 PM
Nihilist

Thanos never used his shields to block Odin first blast, his sheilds are never moulded to the shape of his body,which they would have had to have been to block that first blast as you can see the energy hitting Thanos, his sheilds are normaly/on average a few feet away/around him.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:04 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos never used his shields to block Odin first blast, his sheilds are never moulded to the shape of his body,which they would have had to have been to block that first blast as you can see the energy hitting Thanos, his sheilds are normaly/on average a few feet away/around him.

Where was the energy hitting Thanos?
(please log in to view the image)

I see the energy being blocked -by shields most likely- in front of Thanos and then pouring out around him.

The shape of that shield wouldn't be much -if any- different than the shape of this one:

The shields in both instances would have to be extremely close to his body.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:11 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

interesting interpretation of the art in the odin fight.

i saw it normally as in not using a shield and simply splashing over and around him as he stood his ground

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:14 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Why? I don't see the energy touching Thanos. The first time I read it, I assumed it was shields. I wasn't some rabid Thor fanboy back then so I don't think my interpretation would be warped in any significant way.

I don't see why he wouldn't use them personally. Thanos probably realized there was a good chance of a confrontation. If shields were the go tactic against Thor, two issues later, it being the go tactic against Odin under the same writer would make sense. But I guess I could be wrong.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:18 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

well if you believe he used a shield that is fine but it does not mean he isnt capable of taking repeated stronger blast from odin without.

thanos did just that. i find it odd for that one split second he would use a shield but not for the rest of the fight.

we can clearly see thanos taking stronger blast from odin and only staggering... that is a testament of his durability.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:24 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Where did I argue that Thanos couldn't withstand a blast from Odin in that fight? He obviously could.

I simply pointed out that Thanos -in my opinion anyways- used his shields to block the first blast. Odin then most likely simply stepped it up a notch and broke through them -akin to Thor- staggering him. From then on, he just gradually steps up his game while being impressed by Thanos' resilience. Odin had more and more effect on Thanos with his attacks. A backhand -the third attack- had a bit more of an effect on Thanos than a double handed blast.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 16th, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:27 PM