KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cross Genre Match #20: Akuma vs Iron Man

Cross Genre Match #20: Akuma vs Iron Man
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Cross Genre Match #20: Akuma vs Iron Man

Scenario One

Classic Gold and Red

Scenario Two

Extremis Armor

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 03:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Extremis in a stomp... the other versions of ironman wins 7 or 8/10. I will provide scans proving my case later (once c-master starts debating).

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 04:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Akuma would tear Tony out of that suit. Raging Demon!!!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 04:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Extremis in a stomp... the other versions of ironman wins 7 or 8/10. I will provide scans proving my case later (once c-master starts debating).

Come on man, real quick before I have to get back to studying. How would Ironman stop Akuma's Raging Demon? Akuma can teleport, and as he does this drop a heavy chi bomb @$$ whoopin on Tony. Then after the dust settles, he'd turn around and Devil in Japanese would light up on his back, as he sends Tony to hell.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 04:41 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Tony seduces the Devil and he becomes immortal. The Immortal Iron Man.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 05:31 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

An invincible and immortal alcoholic.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 05:34 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Stoic
Come on man, real quick before I have to get back to studying. How would Ironman stop Akuma's Raging Demon? Akuma can teleport, and as he does this drop a heavy chi bomb @$$ whoopin on Tony. Then after the dust settles, he'd turn around and Devil in Japanese would light up on his back, as he sends Tony to hell.

The only thing that I have to say about extremis issss... it has had good showings against king thor AND wwh. That alone should be enough to pursuade you.

As for the regular iron man suit... tony has shields that has taken a nuke point blank without any damage to him or his team. Tony strength and durability has allowed him to hang with people like thor, namor, hul, and sentry. Tony has equiped a home made spider sense into his suit... he has magnetic powers in his suit, subsonic speed and reaction... an omni blast and the list goes on.

Tony has shown that he can attack outside of his forcefield so I truly do not see how akuma is winning this.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 05:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

You finally made the thread... good fun.

Akuma stomps classic. The guy can split mountains in half with a hit. Sink islands and crash meteors all in a single strike. He can survive at the depths of the sea and has the raging demon (which doesn't need to grab to use, that's only in gameplay). He can also warp at will, so he'll be hard to shoot. The misogi comes from the ski and is even more powerful than the mountain splitting technique (it is an upgrade). He also blew up a forest not long ago.

Extremis... not sure. Some say Akuma, some say Iron Man. I love both guys and I want to see something more definitive to make a conclusion. Of course the Akuma at his absolute highest showing (that crazy comic) wins, but that is without saying. I think more grounded feats are fair for this matchup.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Nov 10th, 2010 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 06:49 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by carver9
The only thing that I have to say about extremis issss... it has had good showings against king thor AND wwh. That alone should be enough to pursuade you.

As for the regular iron man suit... tony has shields that has taken a nuke point blank without any damage to him or his team. Tony strength and durability has allowed him to hang with people like thor, namor, hul, and sentry. Tony has equiped a home made spider sense into his suit... he has magnetic powers in his suit, subsonic speed and reaction... an omni blast and the list goes on.

Tony has shown that he can attack outside of his forcefield so I truly do not see how akuma is winning this.
There are people in games vs forum who would say that Akuma can beat Classic Juggernaut, King Thor and WWHulk at the same time.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:00 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by SamZED
There are people in games vs forum who would say that Akuma can beat Classic Juggernaut, King Thor and WWHulk at the same time.

Well...

stick out tongue

That's the same anywhere. You take a game character here and people make it seem like they don't have a chance. Take a character here to the anime forum and Inuyasha would beat Superman in a stomp.

I don't think there are really any hardcore Akuma fanboys there anymore. I think it's all about Kratos now. He's the new trend. I could ask and see though. evil face I love both Akuma and Iron Man though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well...

stick out tongue

That's the same anywhere. You take a game character here and people make it seem like they don't have a chance. Take a character here to the anime forum and Inuyasha would beat Superman in a stomp.

I don't think there are really any hardcore Akuma fanboys there anymore. I think it's all about Kratos now. He's the new trend. I could ask and see though. evil face I love both Akuma and Iron Man though.

I seriously had an argument the other day with some guy who thought the Galaxy sized mecha from Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagaan would stomp Cosmic Armor Superman.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:34 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I seriously had an argument the other day with some guy who thought the Galaxy sized mecha from Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagaan would stomp Cosmic Armor Superman.
Can he? big grin

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:41 PM
Stoic
Avenger

You know what dawned on me? I was wondering what armor Tony was in, when he fought the Mandarin... Carver I hope for your sake that he wasn't in the Extremis, because if he was your whole argument loses a lot of creds.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 09:59 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

1. Akuma.
2. Extremis.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 02:55 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Well at least this is stickied... where is Blair?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:19 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Seriously though, when Tony fought the Mandarin, what armor was he wearing? Was it the Extremis Armor? I honestly think that If the Mandarin could do that to Ironman, Akuma would slay him. Unless of course that was counted as a low showing for Ironman (highly doubtful).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:26 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Omni directional repulsor blast or high frequence sonics seems like a good way of dealing with Akuma. Can Akuma send someone to hell through an energy forcefield?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:31 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well at least this is stickied... where is Blair?

Im here. I want to see Akuma's side of the debate since I don't know the character aside from playing the games. So, tell me why he would win. Convince me, because from what I can tell he's just a suped up Iron Fist.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:35 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Sure thing. I'm going to post some feats. Games aren't as "feat heavy" as comics but he has some great ones.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 03:37 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Bentley
Omni directional repulsor blast or high frequence sonics seems like a good way of dealing with Akuma. Can Akuma send someone to hell through an energy forcefield?

Akuma is a master martial artist correct? In so noting this and the fact that both characters have a working knowledge of each other, wouldn't Akuma see the omni blast, and just teleport out of range? Would a blast be able to take him down when he has shrugged off powerful chi blasts? What about Tony's battle with the Mandarin?

He didn't do so well against a guy of that caliber, so what makes you think that he'd do well against a guy that is likely better than him? I'm not too sure if I can remember correctly, but the Mandarin had the rings grafted to his spine in that fight right? Just curious.

Also doesn't the omni blast take up a considerable amount of energy to employ, and leave Tony vulnerable for brief moments? What of Tony being hit so hard in the past, and having to need time to reboot?

Last edited by Stoic on Nov 11th, 2010 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 04:00 AM