KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Annihilus vs Lord Marvell

Annihilus vs Lord Marvell
Started by: Nihilist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nihilist

Annihilus vs Lord Marvell

This is Annihilus from Annihilation.

Who wins?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 09:35 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Mar-vell wins, easily.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 09:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Good one. This is hard man. Annihilus slapped around Nova and Quasar the same way that Mar-Vell slapped around Nova and Norrin. I'm gonna go with Annihilus because of his massive energy absorption abilities.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:15 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
Good one. This is hard man. Annihilus slapped around Nova and Quasar the same way that Mar-Vell slapped around Nova and Norrin. I'm gonna go with Annihilus because of his massive energy absorption abilities.
Annihilus was also killed by Nova whereas Mar-vell was always well above anything Nova could ever bring to the table.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

While I think Marv is a bit overrated, I'd still give him the odds here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Annihilus should be slightly stronger on the energy front but in a psychical confrontation he is leagues under Vell

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:32 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by quanchi112
Annihilus was also killed by Nova whereas Mar-vell was always well above anything Nova could ever bring to the table.
Yeah but you gotta remember that Dick had access to the entire Nova Force when he fought Annihilus. He didn't have that against Mar-Vell. That's a huge power difference. Remember he was oneshotting Annihilus's moon sized dread ships and even one shotted the larger flagships. Even with that he still needed assistance with a weakened Annihilus.

Can't believe I'm lowballing my boy here.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:38 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah but you gotta remember that Dick had access to the entire Nova Force when he fought Annihilus. He didn't have that against Mar-Vell. That's a huge power difference. Remember he was oneshotting Annihilus's moon sized dread ships and even one shotted the larger flagships. Even with that he still needed assistance with a weakened Annihilus.

Can't believe I'm lowballing my boy here.
I don't think with the entire force he's anywhere near mar-vell though. I still look to him oneshotting magus and thinking he'd annihilate annihilus.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:39 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Annihilus should be slightly stronger on the energy front but in a psychical confrontation he is leagues under Vell
I don't know about that. Even back in the day Annihilus was able to slap Thor around a bit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:40 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

I don't think with the entire force he's anywhere near mar-vell though. I still look to him oneshotting magus and thinking he'd annihilate annihilus.
Depends on what interpretation of the Nova Force we accept. On most accounts the ENTIRE nova force is one of the primal energy forces of the universe and anyone wielding all of it was an absolute beast (ala Garthan Saal and even Nova back in the day) I'd say trans at least. But DnA wrote it fairly conservatively. Something they seemed to do with most ultra powerful characters save Thanos.

At any rate I still like the bug in this fight because of his energy siphoning abilities. Hell even The Mad titan seemed to respect Annihilus more then he did Mar-Vell.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:45 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Galan007
While I think Marv is a bit overrated, I'd still give him the odds here.
I agree with this 100%

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:05 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Depends on what interpretation of the Nova Force we accept. On most accounts the ENTIRE nova force is one of the primal energy forces of the universe and anyone wielding all of it was an absolute beast (ala Garthan Saal and even Nova back in the day) I'd say trans at least. But DnA wrote it fairly conservatively. Something they seemed to do with most ultra powerful characters save Thanos.

At any rate I still like the bug in this fight because of his energy siphoning abilities. Hell even The Mad titan seemed to respect Annihilus more then he did Mar-Vell.

I will agree that Thanos did seem to respect him more, not sure if that means much, but I agree on that point.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 12:15 AM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

the lord wins

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 12:20 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos was at odd against Mar-vell because of Mistress death. Annihilus was in good terms with Annihilus but don't think for a moment Thanos wouldn't rip Annihilus' head off the moment he threatened Death or himself.

He turned on him immediately and he was in a completely different mindset in annihilation he was much calmer. In imperative he was pissed off and oh how they all paid.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 01:33 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Thanos was at odd against Mar-vell because of Mistress death. Annihilus was in good terms with Annihilus but don't think for a moment Thanos wouldn't rip Annihilus' head off the moment he threatened Death or himself.

He turned on him immediately and he was in a completely different mindset in annihilation he was much calmer. In imperative he was pissed off and oh how they all paid.
Thing is, Annihilus held all the cards at the time. Hell he played Thanos worse then Thanos played Mar-Vell. And Annihilus has NEVER been chumped the way that Mar-Vell got chumped by the purple Skrull. Not as long as he has the CCR. Agree about Thanos's mindset though.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 01:40 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Thing is, Annihilus held all the cards at the time. Hell he played Thanos worse then Thanos played Mar-Vell. And Annihilus has NEVER been chumped the way that Mar-Vell got chumped by the purple Skrull. Not as long as he has the CCR. Agree about Thanos's mindset though.
Thanos was simply bored and he himself admitted he could undo the damage done by Annihilus. Let's face it without Thanos he'd never have Galactus in the first place.

Thanos would maul Annihilus one on one. I don't see Mar-vell ever losing to Nova I don't even think he can beat him, ever.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 05:07 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Thanos would maul Annihilus one on one. I don't see Mar-vell ever losing to Nova I don't even think he can beat him, ever.
No doubt. But he'd do better then Mar-Vell IMO.

Agreed. Although if he goes all Garthan Saal like he did at the beginning of Annihilation he could make it interesting. IMO naturally.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 06:55 AM
quanchi112
Disney

No doubt. But he'd do better then Mar-Vell IMO.

Agreed. Although if he goes all Garthan Saal like he did at the beginning of Annihilation he could make it interesting. IMO naturally.
I don't think he'd do batter than Mar-vell. Thanos would rip his head clean off.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 07:04 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cthulu Marvel hosted a powerful Ancient One inside him. Older than time.

He defeats Annihilus soundly.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 09:37 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Annihilus with the Qauntum bands was no weak feeb, he tanked Galactus's 3 solar system destroying blast that killed a Watcher.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 10:06 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote