KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Glory vs Onslaught

Glory vs Onslaught
Started by: CosmicComet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Glory vs Onslaught

Yeah, Glory in all likelihood is a single arc side-villain, but when it all comes down to it, the arc he is a part of is definitely bigger in scale than the Onslaught saga.

So who wins?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 06:40 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im siding with glory, onslaught would probably mess himself up trying to read glorys mind

I have returned

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 06:42 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Agreed

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 06:59 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Glory is made up of ten thousand gods. Chaos king says the gods of earth are stronger than other gods of the universe..

Thor singlehandedly defeated glory...
Ill side with onslaught

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:05 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
Glory is made up of ten thousand gods. Chaos king says the gods of earth are stronger than other gods of the universe..

Thor singlehandedly defeated glory...
Ill side with onslaught
you left out important context,

1. thor didnt do it under his own power he had help from GOD(the true god)
2. thor got killed like 3 times over but the "spark" kept him alive

onlaught doesnt have this kind of plot device so he gets crushed to death pretty easily

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Dec 27th, 2010 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:12 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

High feat for Thor, stronger than he was in the 90s anyway and possibly amped by prayer. Onslaught would lose to current Thor in the same manner that Glory was temporarily defeated.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:14 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CosmicComet
High feat for Thor, stronger than he was in the 90s anyway and possibly amped by prayer. Onslaught would lose to current Thor in the same manner that Glory was temporarily defeated.
What issue is this Glory in ? If you have any links pm me.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Chaos War: Thor #1 and #2

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Chaos War: Thor #1 and #2
I will try and track these down as it stands with what I have heard my gut is saying Onslaught all the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
What issue is this Glory in ? If you have any links pm me.
this is glory

also glory wasnt a slave of mikaboshi he was one of the two beings who willingly helped his cause (the other being ZOM)
(please log in to view the image)

I have returned

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:24 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Thor defeated glory initially by himself... Turning back its own blasts against him...

It was when he was on earth that he needed the spark... Aftrr glory tracked him down... To completely destroy him...

And as far as what "god" actually did... We dont know... What we do see is that evem im issue one thor was taking it to glory until the end... When he landed on earth

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:28 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

@colossus

Onslaught took on far more than just Thor and wanted his physical shell destroyed. But I can't decide who wins just yet without having access to these two books.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:33 PM
guy222
With my gal

onslaught

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:35 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

ill post the scans, hold on

I have returned

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:36 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor defeated glory initially by himself... Turning back its own blasts against him...

It was when he was on earth that he needed the spark... Aftrr glory tracked him down... To completely destroy him...

And as far as what "god" actually did... We dont know... What we do see is that evem im issue one thor was taking it to glory until the end... When he landed on earth
no.

I have returned

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:38 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no.

Then we shall simply disagree. :-)

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:47 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor attacks glory, Glory laughs and thor is nearly killed by it,

Thor then smashes in through glorys armor, similiar to the way he smashed into Exitars armor

the insects inside of glory begin to eat thor alive(similiar to the way exitars white blood cells was killing thor)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...4/1585654-2.png

thor fights them off and bust out of glory

Glory grabs thor and crushes him to death (this is where the spark comes in, and the 1st time he gets killed in this fight)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...4/1585652-3.png

thor absorbs a galaxy busting attack from glory with his hammer and redirects it

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...4/1585651-4.png

thor then dies again (2nd time getting killed)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...4/1585649-5.png

glory comes back in chaos war :thor 2 in a depowered form, even in the depowered form he still kills thor a few times over(3rd time thor gets killed). thor then prays to god and god/toaa kills glory.

at the end thor states glory isnt dead

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Dec 27th, 2010 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 07:58 PM
ExodusCloak

Thor killed himself when he unleashed that cosmic wave that sliced Glory. That woman's prayer brought him back to life.

Blake and whatsherface then prayed and the real God then sent Glory packing for good.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 08:39 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Did i miss something? I hate respomding from my iphone since most times i dont have access to my issues but...

I dont recall any narration saying it was a galaxy buster.... The entire narration is being told by the woman... She was praying to thor as shown in the second issue so its possible that the "spark" we are reading about are her prayers to thor and not another god...as you clearly see in issue to he is one of the totems she prays to. Though obviously i domt know the writers intent that is simply the way i read it...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 09:12 PM
ExodusCloak

Did i miss something? I hate respomding from my iphone since most times i dont have access to my issues but...

I dont recall any narration saying it was a galaxy buster.... The entire narration is being told by the woman... She was praying to thor as shown in the second issue so its possible that the "spark" we are reading about are her prayers to thor and not another god...as you clearly see in issue to he is one of the totems she prays to. Though obviously i domt know the writers intent that is simply the way i read it...

They pray twice. The first issue she prays to all the Gods that she can find totems of which include Thor.

The second time is at the end of the issue when her and Blake as Thor are being consumed by Glory. Blake and her pray to God and he saves them.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 10:08 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote