KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pick a Power: Tycoon edition

Pick a Power: Tycoon edition
Started by: D_Dude1210

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Pick a Power: Tycoon edition

You and three friends of equal knowledge/abilities/resources are called to a secret undisclosed location where you are offered a very unique opportunity.

You will be given unique powers where you will be given one year to make as much money as you possibly can. There are some rules:

1) You cannot break the law in any way.
2) You cannot hinder the progress of your fellow competitors.
3) You cannot disclose that you have any powers whatsoever (you can use it publicly as long as you have a means of explaining it w/o it being proven as a superpower) to anyone.

You all start at 0 dollars and are simply given the clothes on your back. At the end of the year, the guy who makes the MOST money KEEPS his powers and memories and is given ALL the earnings made by the rest of his friends. Everyone else loses their money, powers and memories of the events.

W/c powers will you choose and how are you gonna make it work for you??

The powers:
1) Northstar's Flight/Superspeed.
2) Hank Pym's Pym Particles (just the ability to shrink/grow things, you DO NOT know how the tech works).
3) Storm-level weather control.
4) Wolverine Feral tracking ability, adamantium bones/claws and Healing Factor.

As luck would have it, you are allowed to pick first.

Last edited by D_Dude1210 on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 02:46 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Black

Pym Particles. I would be a transporter. I would become a shipping magnate. Imagine carrying a ship with 400 forty foot containers of goods with you on a plane. You save your clients millions in shipping/insurance.

Imagine having 200 of those in a pocket/sealed container that would stop them from being shaken around?

Even if they pay the necessary taxes and duties. Imagine carrying an entire pipeline of oil in a straw?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 02:53 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Black

I would be a billionaire in less than three months

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 02:54 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Pym Particles

I would start begging people for a few dollars, then go to a junkdealer and by a small piece of copper let it grow the size of a car and resell it. Then I would buy a small diamond make it bigger and resell it. I guess you can imagine how I would procede.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 03:07 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Aren't pym particles temporary tho? Or do they grow/shrink things permanently?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 03:22 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Wolverine.

I culd probably be a Goverment assassin. I'd shoot more people then dick cheny.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 03:50 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Pym Particles

I would start begging people for a few dollars, then go to a junkdealer and by a small piece of copper let it grow the size of a car and resell it. Then I would buy a small diamond make it bigger and resell it. I guess you can imagine how I would procede.

thumb up

I would go abstract level with gold laughing out loud

Originally posted by Solidus Black
Pym Particles. I would be a transporter. I would become a shipping magnate. Imagine carrying a ship with 400 forty foot containers of goods with you on a plane. You save your clients millions in shipping/insurance.

Imagine having 200 of those in a pocket/sealed container that would stop them from being shaken around?

Even if they pay the necessary taxes and duties. Imagine carrying an entire pipeline of oil in a straw?

thumb up

Depending on the level of control you get with the Pym Particles (place them inside of capsules that can react on their own?) you could start a company kind of like Capsule Corp. from Dragon Ball. I'd let others deal with the cost of ships and fuel, focus entirely on storage capacity.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wolverine.

The purpose is to make money, more so than the others. no expression

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 04:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

become a private bounty hunter using wolverines powers. find people or kill people. people pay a shit-ton for that type of stuff, especially if everyone is going to you because you are by far the best smile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 04:57 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Yeah, the Pym particles/growth thingie is pretty broken. But are pym particles permanent, tho? Don't they wear off after a time?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 05:28 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I'd say wolverine sells hisself as a sniper and earns cash the old fashion way...

I'm sure that as the flash he'd end up breaking a jaywalking law... Be running on the freeway or crossing intenational boundaries without proper paperwork... Ie breaking the law... Just cause you can run from America to japan doesn't mean you don't need a passport...

Same with the ion particles... Even if you could giant size
Something and leave it that size when u in turn shrink... If you dragged ferries you'd probably need a passport... And a lot of cities have anti begging laws in effect now... Good luck getting started..

Storm... I can't really getting a good paying job unless she becomes like Americas most watched meteorologist or something...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 05:39 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wolverine.

assassins don't make much money life is cheap. All your expenses might be paid if you're an official contractor for the government but you won't be bagging multimillion dollar bounties. What you could do is make money on the medical market on a patent for your blood. w/ Wolverines HF. but you would have to break OP stips.

Pym is easiest to make short term gains as a transporter.

Storm however probably has best long term gains in energy industry. So for the stipulations Pym particle control is best. If it werent for the year limitation storm would definitely be best long term for your life span.

Northstar would be a good thief but other than that not much use.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 06:28 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

3 is the obvious answer. Crops, biofuel, environmental managenment and restoration, pest control, irrigation, etc.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 06:50 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

If there wasn't a law against enslaving nature... There should be. I see your point with the ag argument... You'd get a never-ending supply of frost protected fresh crops.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Last edited by rotiart on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 07:02 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

I forgot she can also control ocean currents and generate plasma. yeah, this is a nobrainer.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 07:12 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I go with Storm, and takes contract from the farming induestries.
"Yeah, you need three weeks of sunny day? No problèmo. 100 000 bucks. Just sign below!"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 07:59 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Storm's powers. I make a metal box and say that it can make perfect weather anywhere. I alone know how to "work" it. Other countries will pay me to give them perfect weather. Especially ones with droughts or expectant hurricanes.

I become the richest/ most powerful person on the planet in a matter of months.

I can cure hunger, turn wastelands into gardens and make a superpower out of 3rd world country. That's only using some of storms power.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 03:29 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Sirius77
Storm's powers. I make a metal box and say that it can make perfect weather anywhere. I alone know how to "work" it. Other countries will pay me to give them perfect weather. Especially ones with droughts or expectant hurricanes.

I become the richest/ most powerful person on the planet in a matter of months.

I can cure hunger, turn wastelands into gardens and make a superpower out of 3rd world country. That's only using some of storms power.

Playing "god" with governments is sure to lead to one thing: an assassination and people trying to steal the box. Pitting one government against the other (making a superpower out of one country at the expense of another) is a tricky thing.

I'm not saying I disagree with the method per say, just stating the dangers therein. I'd have to agree that if you could get governments to pay you billions of dollars to save or supplement their economy, Storm's powers might in fact be best here.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 03:34 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

what if they take apart the box

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 04:32 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
what if they take apart the box

They find some tv guides inside.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 04:52 AM
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

aaaaand then they kno somethings up and you lose the competition

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 04:53 AM