KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova Prime, Atalon, Battle Beast, Majestic and Evinlea vs the Annihilators

Nova Prime, Atalon, Battle Beast, Majestic and Evinlea vs the Annihilators
Started by: dmills

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

Smile Nova Prime, Atalon, Battle Beast, Majestic and Evinlea vs the Annihilators

Nova Prime escapes from the dead universe formally known as the cancerverse and he has bloodlust on his mind. He gathers 4 warriors from other universes. Atalon (think pissed off savage hulk strength with Gravitons power), Battle Beast (invincible), Majestic and Evinlea (negation).

The Cosmic Annihilators are gathered on knowhere cracking jokes about the Avengers when the alarm systems go off. The doors explode open and in flies Nova followed by his new team. He yells out "You left me to die you phucks!" and it is so on.

Which team takes it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 03:39 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

laughing out loud

I'd need more backround information on the others.

But Star-Lord chose those 5 because they were, quote "absolut badasses".

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 03:54 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black bolt z
laughing out loud

I'd need more backround information on the others.

But Star-Lord chose those 5 because they were, quote "absolut badasses".
I know lol. Which I why I had to choose Nova team very wisely.

I know you know Nova and Majestic. You never heard of Atalon, Battle Beast or Evinlea?

Ok in short:

Atalon is from Marvel Earth 93060 aka the Ultraverse. He was a villain back in the day that had uber class 100 strengthen + gravity manipulation powers on par with Graviton.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atal...Redirected=true

Battle Beast is sort of an antihero. A class 100 brick with skills in every form of combat and he tears apart fully grown viltrumites with his bare hands and teeth.

http://www.comicvine.com/battle-beast/29-41126/

Evinlea casually devastates planets. And she's a weakling among her people lol.

http://www.comicvine.com/evinlea/29-13205/

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 04:40 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

No offense but it kind of seems like Surfer and gladiator could solo this team - Nova. Add in Quasar, BRB, And Ronan and the win with ease.

This team would be cool. But if they were villians the annihilators would be the team of team wreckers.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 05:08 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Battle beast just got his salad tosssed by a gladiator level dude.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 05:30 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Battle beast just got his salad tosssed by a gladiator level dude.
What?! When did that happen?! At any rate he's there for Ronan I'd imagine.

Last edited by dmills on Jan 9th, 2011 at 05:56 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 05:45 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

No offense but it kind of seems like Surfer and gladiator could solo this team - Nova. Add in Quasar, BRB, And Ronan and the win with ease.

This team would be cool. But if they were villians the annihilators would be the team of team wreckers.
Uhhhh no. Not in a million years would Norrin and damn sure not Glads solo that team. Nova would best Glads one on one. Let alone the team.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 05:49 AM
Q99

Atalon's the one of these that I don't even know the universe from. I have context for Battle Beast from seeing a little Invincible, and have actually read the rest.

Teamwork wise, there might be issues. Nova Prime's a good leader and can work with who he has to, but several. Evinlea has a superiority complex (though is willing to work with others for her best interests), Battle Beast seems driven by the desire for battle, Maj is Maj and a warrior to the core so that's pretty good but he can be harsh and somewhat hard to work with, and I don't know Atalon.

Originally posted by dmills

Evinlea casually devastates planets. And she's a weakling among her people lol.

http://www.comicvine.com/evinlea/29-13205/

She was average/slightly below average, I think (she seems to be a firstborn, not a Secundae, so likely weak for a first born but stronger than most secundae), until Charon boosted her. At which point she's IMO one of the strongest, maybe only The Six and the One are greater.

Evinlea might be the one closest to Surfer if it's her Charon-boosted form. The Universal Energies wielded by the First are pretty similar to the power cosmic.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:08 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Uhhhh no. Not in a million years would Norrin and damn sure not Glads solo that team. Nova would best Glads one on one. Let alone the team.
Thats why I said minus Nova. Add the others and they can beat the team and Nova. I said glads and surfer can beat the rest of the team alone.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:31 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Q99
Atalon's the one of these that I don't even know the universe from. I have context for Battle Beast from seeing a little Invincible, and have actually read the rest.

Teamwork wise, there might be issues. Nova Prime's a good leader and can work with who he has to, but several. Evinlea has a superiority complex (though is willing to work with others for her best interests), Battle Beast seems driven by the desire for battle, Maj is Maj and a warrior to the core so that's pretty good but he can be harsh and somewhat hard to work with, and I don't know Atalon.

She was average/slightly below average, I think (she seems to be a firstborn, not a Secundae, so likely weak for a first born but stronger than most secundae), until Charon boosted her. At which point she's IMO one of the strongest, maybe only The Six and the One are greater.

Evinlea might be the one closest to Surfer if it's her Charon-boosted form. The Universal Energies wielded by the First are pretty similar to the power cosmic.
Q I knew I could count on you to know your stuff! Out of curiosity what makes you think that she was boosted by Charon? I don't recall the books ever giving any indication of that. We only know that Gammid returned her to full power. Either way I'd say that she's right up there with Norrin both in raw power as well as in versatility. I mean you can name a power a she has it lol! TP, TK, matter manipulation, energy manipulation, teleportation, shape shifting, uber strength.

Besides it could've been worse. I nearly brought Qtzr into this lol!

Last edited by dmills on Jan 9th, 2011 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:36 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Thats why I said minus Nova. Add the others and they can beat the team and Nova. I said glads and surfer can beat the rest of the team alone.
Ok gotcha. You think Glads can take Mr. Majestic?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:38 AM
Gecko4lif

What?! When did that happen?! At any rate he's there for Ronan I'd imagine.

Invincible 76

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:43 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Q I knew I could count on you to know your stuff! Out of curiosity what makes you think that she was boosted by Charon? I don't recall the books ever giving any indication of that. We only know that Gammid returned her to full power.

The whole new look (looks being something the First often change when they get new power), willing to lead the charge against the First, easily handled a high-end sigil bearer (and normally those give First at least *some* trouble) and so on. She was acting really confident when confronting the leaders of the First for a mere average firstborn, even knowing she could summon Lawbringer backup. All signs of a power upgrade, and we know it's not hard to boost a First.

Without an upgrade I'd put her lower than Norrin in raw power (though still very versatile of course).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 08:29 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Ok gotcha. You think Glads can take Mr. Majestic?
Probably. Not by much but yeah.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 02:10 PM
Q99

My money would be on Maj in that fight.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 08:27 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Q99
The whole new look (looks being something the First often change when they get new power), willing to lead the charge against the First, easily handled a high-end sigil bearer (and normally those give First at least *some* trouble) and so on. She was acting really confident when confronting the leaders of the First for a mere average firstborn, even knowing she could summon Lawbringer backup. All signs of a power upgrade, and we know it's not hard to boost a First.

Without an upgrade I'd put her lower than Norrin in raw power (though still very versatile of course).
While I certainly can't fault your rational in coming to that conclusion, it still requires quite a bit of conjecture that I don't believe is needed in this case.

We don't really get to know much about Mighty Man other than he was obviously Crossgen's Superman archetype. I'm pretty sure that the Australians were meant to be Kryptionians as well. But we don't know how significant he was in the grand scheme of things given the fact that Danik called him a mere pawn in the game as he casually blew up the planet. Interestingly enough, while conversing with Mighty Man, Charon referred to Evinlea as a member of the First and stated that there was an entire world filled with beings as powerful as her. No mention of a power up, no ligil, nothing.

On another note, if I replaced Evinlea with Gammid how well do you think he matches up with Norrin? Or do I need to bring Qtzr in?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 11:45 PM
Q99

quote:
Interestingly enough, while conversing with Mighty Man, Charon referred to Evinlea as a member of the First and stated that there was an entire world filled with beings as powerful as her. No mention of a power up, no ligil, nothing.

First can be charged up simply by being in a place rich in energy (they are strong on Elysium than off, for example, or on Mystic's world) and can lend each other power as well (which is how Ingra leader of House Sinister runs things, her entire council gives her some, making her the strongest of the First at the time).

I'm not saying he altered her power or changed her type or anything, just lent her some to raise her charge level in the normal way, 'topping off her tanks' so to speak.

As she could process Negation power just fine at that point, it'd be trivial (heck, it might've been done when they 'sealed the alliance' in that huge burst of energy).

quote:

On another note, if I replaced Evinlea with Gammid how well do you think he matches up with Norrin? Or do I need to bring Qtzr in?

Gammid totally lacks the flexibility and power (his energy blasts are strong and unlimited in quantity, but not planet-busting). Unless his sigil can drain Norrin of the power cosmic (which I don't think the merged ones really did. The two-comma kinds might be able to pull it out), he's in big trouble.

I think Evinlea's fine, but if you did switch Qtzr would be fine too, I'd probably go with team 1 in that case (though teamwork would be worse).

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 12:10 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Q99
I think Evinlea's fine, but if you did switch Qtzr would be fine too, I'd probably go with team 1 in that case (though teamwork would be worse).

My thinking on switching Evinlea out for Qtzr is that while Evinlea may have the necessary power, her duplicitous nature and lack of real combat strategy would not serve the team well. Say what you will about the Lawbringer, but he's nothing if not focused on a given destructive task lol! All that Nova would have to say is "Hey Qtzr. That shiny bald guy is uber powerful. He may even be as powerful as you!" That's all it would take to get Qtzr to try and turn Norrin into a jack in the box.

Speaking of the Sigilverse, what do you think of the news that Marvel is completely rewriting things instead of continuing where crossgen left off? I was hopeful for a satisfying ending to the Negation war, but since Sam has been reimagined as a female and Sigil changed into something else entirely, there's little chance of Negation remaining the same.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 01:28 AM
Q99

My thinking on switching Evinlea out for Qtzr is that while Evinlea may have the necessary power, her duplicitous nature and lack of real combat strategy would not serve the team well. Say what you will about the Lawbringer, but he's nothing if not focused on a given destructive task lol! All that Nova would have to say is "Hey Qtzr. That shiny bald guy is uber powerful. He may even be as powerful as you!" That's all it would take to get Qtzr to try and turn Norrin into a jack in the box.

He is, on the flip side, a complete monster and obvious sadist, all Lawbringers are insane by nature. Evinlea at least is someone they can work with even though she isn't much of a tactician.

A more reasonable one for future vs would be Trenin. One of the Six (slightly behind Qtzr, who as the first Lawbringer was the strongest, but definitely stronger than pre-Boost Evinlea), but sane and a warrior. Or Animora, who's rich and powerful off the energies of Mystic's world and singlehandled laid siege to a planet full of mages (and only lost as part of a xanatos gambit aimed at Ingra).

In this verse, though, might as well stick with the first pick.

quote:

Speaking of the Sigilverse, what do you think of the news that Marvel is completely rewriting things instead of continuing where crossgen left off? I was hopeful for a satisfying ending to the Negation war, but since Sam has been reimagined as a female and Sigil changed into something else entirely, there's little chance of Negation remaining the same.

I'm basically find with it, a proper ending to some comics that were relatively small at the time they ended is not going to be a commercial success.

We might see an ending or notes for an ending show up in a TPB at some point, but just a continuation would've meant a rapid end to the new crossgen.

Last edited by Q99 on Jan 10th, 2011 at 02:03 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:00 AM
Q99

Oh yea, one thing I almost forgot- it might be best to send Evinlea against someone else, because all First can repair normal damage really really easily, even stuff like being bisected. It's only power cosmic-like stuff (or rather, Universal Energies, which is practically the same thing) that hurts them properly. So it'd be better off putting her against Glads, who's got to try and wear her down or try and inflict enough damage that she'd be in no shape to repair, very hard, rather than Surfer, who can really damage her.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 08:47 AM