KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Steve Roger enters the worlds martial arts tournament

Steve Roger enters the worlds martial arts tournament
Started by: Marvelknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marvelknight
Authority

Steve Roger enters the worlds martial arts tournament

With a concept borrowed from a fellow a KMC member.

Steve will have equals bodies with all participants i.e. no limitless stamina, enhance brain functions, strength, speed, agility, or accelerated healing etc.

All participants must wear martial arts attire and fighting gear (gloves, shin guards, mouth piece etc).
Steve must take on all in participants order.

All fighters have one week to train and prepare.

The participants are:

1 Richard Dragon

2 Sandra Wu-san

3 Cassandra Cain

4 Bronze Tiger

5 Bruce Wayne

6 Matt Murdock

7 Elektra (no telepathy)

8 Stick (in his prime)

9 The Sensi

10 Tony Masters

Every fight, Steve will be at 100%

Fight takes place in a ring (UFC rules in effect)

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 19th, 2011 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:45 AM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

honestly, how does he even get past Elektra? i also think the ordering is a bit off.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:50 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
honestly, how does he even get past Elektra? i also think the ordering is a bit off.

I fixed it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:55 AM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Order still sucks

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:59 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Without time to heal between fights, he goes down a lot sooner than he would normally, since he'll be facing fresh fighters in every round.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:01 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

He just may get killed (literally) @ Shiva.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:06 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by Silent Master
Without time to heal between fights, he goes down a lot sooner than he would normally, since he'll be facing fresh fighters in every round.

To be fair, I'll give him a 15 to 30 minute break in between fights.

Last edited by Marvelknight on Jan 19th, 2011 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:08 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Equal bodies he gets 5.5-6/10 against Richard Dragon, but unless he has time to heal back to 100% he loses the majority to Shiva. If he is 100% for each bout he gets to DD, whos Radar sense gives him the edge in equal bodies.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 19th, 2011 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:10 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Equal bodies he gets 5.5-6/10 against Richard Dragon, but unless he has time to heal back to 100% he loses the majority to Shiva. If he is 100% for each bout he gets to DD, whos Radar sense gives him the edge in equal bodies.
Originally posted by Marvelknight
To be fair, I'll give him a 15 to 30 minute break in between fights.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:17 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not enough. He'll have worked his ass off to beat Dragon, and would need at least 24 hours to be 100% for the next match.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:22 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If this is meant to just be a test of his skill, why does the damage carry-over?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:23 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

He stands a high chance of losing at each even at full. To be simple and just call it a 50/50 shot each match, his odds go 50/25/12.5/6.75/3.475, so under 4% chance of still being around after Bronze Tiger.

But in equal bodies, I think some of the early contestants have a small edge in skill, so it's not even that.

Then you get into the paltry break between matches. Steve Rogers after a fight with Richard Dragon is going to be badly beat up, and in no state to fight Lady Shiva unless she's equally beat up.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:30 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

If this is meant to just be a test of his skill, why does the damage carry-over?

Well now that a good point. The truth is it doesn't really have to. In fact that would suck for me. I'll make it's a 10 day tournament.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:32 AM
Silent Master

Actually, if this is a tournament, then everyone else also had to get past a fighter to make it to the next round. in which case they are likely to be just as injured as Cap.

Therefore he has a fair shot at winning.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:38 AM
Marvelknight
Authority

Actually, if this is a tournament, then everyone else also had to get past a fighter to make it to the next round. in which case they are likely to be just as injured as Cap.

Therefore he has a fair shot at winning.

No, because those are not the stipulations I set in place.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:41 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Current stips I think he stops at Daredevil.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:43 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Current stips I think he stops at Daredevil.
really?

It's highly debatable that Steve could beat Bruce with SSS, without it, i see no chance of him beating Bruce.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:45 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Current stips I say he is lucky to make it past two but definitely stops at three. With only one day of rest in between... Yeah... A broken rib is still gonna be a broken rib.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:47 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

serious question, is there anyone that could reasonably run through a gauntlet like that and finish it? With the damage carry over, none of those people listed could do it either.

scramble that list, put anyone you want as the participant, and the result is the same. Whoever it is would be at 40 or 50% efficiency by the third or fourth fight, and get murdered halfway through.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:48 AM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You said it's a tournament, in order for Cap to face anyone in the 2nd round, Cap and the person he's fighting will have had to make it to the 2nd round. which means they both had to fight someone in the first round.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:48 AM