KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Prometheus & Deathstroke Vs Taskmaster & Elektra

Prometheus & Deathstroke Vs Taskmaster & Elektra
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Prometheus & Deathstroke Vs Taskmaster & Elektra

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

depends on what kind of equipment everyone is running around with here. In pure MA skill, team 2 >>>>> over team 1 by a decent margin. With prep and equipment team 1 can even it up though.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:03 AM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

prometheus is a walking plot device who has took on JLA twice, deathstroke is also a plot device took on JLA and teen titans.
although they bust team with prep, but the fact that they constantly took on people far more powerful than tasky and elektra make me think they can win this fight. since prometheus get his equiments and stroke get his sword here.
yeah, I'll go with team 1.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:03 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Team 1 7/10.

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:06 AM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tross

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MrMind
prometheus is a walking plot device who has took on JLA twice, deathstroke is also a plot device took on JLA and teen titans.
although they bust team with prep, but the fact that they constantly took on people far more powerful than tasky and elektra make me think they can win this fight. since prometheus get his equiments and stroke get his sword here.
yeah, I'll go with team 1.

Elektra can mind rape FTW and Taksy also has a sword

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:48 AM
tross is currently offline Click here to Send tross a Private Message Find more posts by tross Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by tross

Prom has psi blockers.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by tross

stroke has the Promethium Sword and prometheus has dealt with martian manhunter before, tp will not be a problem

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:52 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Prometheus is really too much of a wildcard.

I'd put Deathstroke over either person on Team 2 in overall formidability -- not in terms of MA skill, but just overall formidability -- but Prometheus has a strange and winding record.

Obviously those first two Morrison appearances made him seem impossible capable, but that was with having tons of one sided prep. Would he perform as well against foes without such detailed knowledge on them? I doubt so -- Catwoman was able to defeat him, even there, in a way by adding an unplanned for element.

Of course, if he's got his cosmic key, or is the 'version' he was at the end in Cry for Justice, then he wins no problem. But that's really putting in an Iron Man level foe, which is unfair.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 03:03 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Desaad
Prometheus is really too much of a wildcard.

I'd put Deathstroke over either person on Team 2 in overall formidability -- not in terms of MA skill, but just overall formidability -- but Prometheus has a strange and winding record.

Obviously those first two Morrison appearances made him seem impossible capable, but that was with having tons of one sided prep. Would he perform as well against foes without such detailed knowledge on them? I doubt so -- Catwoman was able to defeat him, even there, in a way by adding an unplanned for element.

Of course, if he's got his cosmic key, or is the 'version' he was at the end in Cry for Justice, then he wins no problem. But that's really putting in an Iron Man level foe, which is unfair.

Most of Prometheus' embarrassing loses were retcon'd away as being Chad Graham while the real Prometheus was in a MM mind prison.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 03:09 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Yes, but it doesn't leave him with a lot of showings by which to judge, especially not skill showings.

Everything he did, he did with a lot of very specific, very one sided prep. And since he's a cheat by his very nature -- the antithesis of Batman in every way, who is the modern manifestation of dedication -- it's very likely that he doesn't have a lot of skill on his own. What does that mean for his ability to improvise, when faced with foes whose weaknesses he can't exploit?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 03:19 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I agree with Desaad, he's smart.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Prometheus at his best makes this too harsh for team 2 to pull off. Taskmaster isn't good enough IMO and seeing as Prom wrecked Shiva in two panels or so, Elektra would be f*cked. She can compete with DS, but not Prom- and Tasky isn't beating either.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 04:23 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

i think prometheus makes this too one-sided

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 03:34 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote