KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spidey's powers for sale!

Spidey's powers for sale!
Started by: Scarlet315

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scarlet315

Spidey's powers for sale!

So let's say a wizard from the marvel dimension came and offered you the chance at having one of spiderman's powers. Which one would you choose to keep?:

Spider strength
super agility
super reflexes
spider sense
super speed(well as fast as spiderman can go)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:21 AM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet315

i almost forgot to add wall crawling.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:22 AM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: Spidey's powers for sale!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scarlet315
So let's say a wizard from the marvel dimension came and offered you the chance at having one of spiderman's powers. Which one would you choose to keep?:

Spider strength
super agility
super reflexes
spider sense
super speed(well as fast as spiderman can go)
spider strength

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:26 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Spider Sense. While the others are not attainable, you could always work your way to be as fast/strong/agile as you can make yourself, but Spider Sense is a hack power you cant hope to attain.

Or Wall Crawling. That would just be for fun.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:28 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Spider Sense. While the others are not attainable, you could always work your way to be as fast/strong/agile as you can make yourself, but Spider Sense is a hack power you cant hope to attain.

Or Wall Crawling. That would just be for fun.
spidersense doesn't seem to be much use imo

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:31 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Definitely Spider sense. The fact i can sense any harm to my person would be ****ing epic. Especially in a fight.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:39 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Spider strenght. The sense would be ****ing useless in a fight, since I would only have to tag one time to completly destroy my opponent. Just imagine what kind of thing you'd be able to do with the ability to banch press 10 or 15 tons.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:43 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by SquallX
Definitely Spider sense. The fact i can sense any harm to my person would be ****ing epic. Especially in a fight.
without his agility, durability, or strenght...spidersense would be of little use other than elongating the fight

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:44 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Starscream M
without his agility, durability, or strenght...spidersense would be of little use other than elongating the fight

If its a fight scenario, learning a martial art could give you the win.

But really, it would let you know when danger is coming your way, when someone is lying (I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen), would be useful, not as overtly as the others, but useful in sports. Imagine being a wide receiver or a quarterback who always knows when someone is just about to tackle them and so you move out the way.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:47 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Spider sense would be some what useless if you don't have super speed or agility go with it. Why would you want to you bout get hit with a sucker punch but can't react fast enough and still get hit anyway.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:51 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

If its a fight scenario, learning a martial art could give you the win.

But really, it would let you know when danger is coming your way, when someone is lying (I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen), would be useful, not as overtly as the others, but useful in sports. Imagine being a wide receiver or a quarterback who always knows when someone is just about to tackle them and so you move out the way.
and in our own lives, how many lies do we encounter that would actually threaten our lives....very few, if any

we don't get athletic skills...an average person with spidersense would not become some great quarterback or widereceiver...also I don't really see that sense even helping much as the qb and wr both are usually aware of such danger anyways

I just find spidersense quite useless without spiderman's other attributes...ie agility reflexes, durability, strength

whereas his strength is immediately useful....I can immediately become world famous and superrich

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:52 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

What about spidermans durability? Remember when that thug tried to punch spiderman and darn near broke his hand?

Think of the movie kickass.. You'd have crazy lasting ability in any fight... The kind of strength you would need to win a fight isnt much. When the opponent can't really hurt you.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:54 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Eh. Thinking about it, the strength is immediately useful.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:57 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by rotiart
What about spidermans durability? Remember when that thug tried to punch spiderman and darn near broke his hand?

Think of the movie kickass.. You'd have crazy lasting ability in any fight... The kind of strength you would need to win a fight isnt much. When the opponent can't really hurt you.
but why would you be in fights anyways? if you aren't getting in fights now...whats the point of getting a power solely to get into fights?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:58 AM
Starscream M

Eh. Thinking about it, the strength is immediately useful.
you can impress the shit out of girls at the very least big grin

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:58 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Imagination, people. I'd be a millionaire with spider-sense, and possibly one of the most influential people on the planet. It works on a LOT more than just physical danger.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Digi
Imagination, people. I'd be a millionaire with spider-sense, and possibly one of the most influential people on the planet. It works on a LOT more than just physical danger.

thumb up

Its the long running option. How would you use it exactly?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 04:03 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Digi
elaborate...

not that I doubt you, but getting rich with spider-sense would prob be far more involved and long road than spider strength

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 04:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Spider Sense, easily.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 04:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I wonder if my spidersense would warn me away from buying bad stock... Like say apple stock right before Steve jobs got sick and the stock dropped five points. :-P

Cards? Betting on your full house when another player is playing quads? Hrm... I can see spider sense coming in useful then.... Ultimate poker player?

But I mean if either was true... Doesn't Ben Grimm and company throw poker games? Wouldn't Peter win them all if his powers worked like that?

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 04:08 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote