KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loki vs Thanos

Loki vs Thanos
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Loki vs Thanos

This is Loki at his prime (he has the norn stones).

Who win?


__________________


On ignore list: Darksaint

Last edited by carver9 on Feb 15th, 2011 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:29 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Thanos stomps...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:12 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FanBoy101
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Nicamarvin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos stomps...


__________________

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:54 PM
FanBoy101 is currently offline Click here to Send FanBoy101 a Private Message Find more posts by FanBoy101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Gender: Male
Location: Doomstadt

Loki at his absolute most powerful would have been during the Ragnarok arc last volume, iirc. He had siphoned off the very energies of Asgard and increased his own power, likely becoming sub-Skyfather at the very least. Still, I would grant the win to Thanos.


__________________

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 07:24 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Gender: Male
Location: Planning to take over the WORLD!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Loki at his absolute most powerful would have been during the Ragnarok arc last volume, iirc. He had siphoned off the very energies of Asgard and increased his own power, likely becoming sub-Skyfather at the very least. Still, I would grant the win to Thanos.


with all the stones he could certainly make thanos work for it. on his own he's harmed seth.... does at his prime mean he gets the destroyer armor...? shifty

wonder if he could bfr thanos, or how thanos would deal with loki being invisible or intangible. question is could loki amass enough damage to ko thanos. THAT would require a LOT of damage.


__________________

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
with all the stones he could certainly make thanos work for it. on his own he's harmed seth.... does at his prime mean he gets the destroyer armor...? shifty

wonder if he could bfr thanos, or how thanos would deal with loki being invisible or intangible. question is could loki amass enough damage to ko thanos. THAT would require a LOT of damage.
Vision went intangable and went through a weaker Thanos clone, which the clone swatted him away with ease calling it "childs play"


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:25 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

Loki at his most powerful with the Norn Stones? Yea, he wins.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nihilist
Vision went intangable and went through a weaker Thanos clone, which the clone swatted him away with ease calling it "childs play"


That clone was inferior to Thanos?

Also, IIRC, he displayed abilities I don't think I've ever seen from Thanos.


__________________


Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:29 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki at his most powerful with the Norn Stones? Yea, he wins.



That clone was inferior to Thanos?

Also, IIRC, he displayed abilities I don't think I've ever seen from Thanos.
Yeah that clone was inferior, he couldnt create his own energy or give life force, which Thanos has done before under his own power.


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:39 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

Thanos has created energy and life force from nothing before? When?

I don't mean just blasting shit with his own innate power. The clone could clearly do that. It just couldn't make that reptilian being more powerful through energy created out of nowhere. It had to come from somewhere, and so he used the other two. I don't remember it being said he couldn't transfer his own which is what I remember Thanos doing at least once.


__________________


Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Gender: Male
Location: Gotham

Thanos but Loki makes him work hard for it.


__________________
Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:45 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has created energy and life force from nothing before? When?

I don't mean just blasting shit with his own innate power. The clone could clearly do that. It just couldn't make that reptilian being more powerful through energy created out of nowhere. It had to come from somewhere, and so he used the other two.
He created gamma energy when he was trapped in a photon block in Rigel 3 and he created energy on the spot to stop Fallen one with a energy field. Thanos also gave Surfer a flickle of his life force when he took him to deaths realm, and when death refused Thanos he gave Surfer his full power and life force back iirc.


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 09:48 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location:

Account Restricted

If Loki goes in invisible or astral form i believe Thanos can still see him at least in his astral form since Thanos also has his own astral form feats.

or he can just use his mind time sync warp!


__________________

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 10:42 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nihilist
He created gamma energy when he was trapped in a photon block in Rigel 3 and he created energy on the spot to stop Fallen one with a energy field. Thanos also gave Surfer a flickle of his life force when he took him to deaths realm, and when death refused Thanos he gave Surfer his full power and life force back iirc.


Wouldn't those be considered simply emanation of energy?

The clone could create blasts and such itself. It just couldn't create energy out of nothing which I don't think I've seen Thanos or any other character without delving into the cosmics do. It's an iffy distinction, but I think an important one. The clone simply chose to use outside life forces. If it stated it couldn't generate or transfer it's own, you'd have a point but I don't remember that occurring.


__________________


Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 10:45 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wouldn't those be considered simply emanation of energy?,
Not imo as Thanos synthersizes comsic energy with punching blasting by absorbing energy from the cosmos, which he was unable to do whilst being trapped in a pure photon block when he created a high gamma radiation burst.

quote:
The clone could create blasts and such itself. It just couldn't create energy out of nothing which I don't think I've seen Thanos or any other character without delving into the cosmics do. It's an iffy distinction, but I think an important one. The clone simply chose to use outside life forces. If it stated it couldn't generate or transfer it's own, you'd have a point but I don't remember that occurring.
Like i have just said Thanos did all the things i mentioned on a panel, giving Surfer a flicker of life after he beat him to death, he then empowered Surfer bonds with his life force and gave him it all back later on. The clone was cearly weaker as the bug guy(cant remember his name) was able to take the clone power by absorbing some of it andMantis alone was a match mentally.


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 11:00 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nihilist
Not imo as Thanos synthersizes comsic energy with punching blasting by absorbing energy from the cosmos, which he was unable to do whilst being trapped in a pure photon block when he created a high gamma radiation burst.


But does Thanos not have his own stores/reservoirs of energy like Surfer?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nihilist
Like i have just said Thanos did all the things i mentioned on a panel, giving Surfer a flicker of life after he beat him to death, he then empowered Surfer bonds with his life force and gave him it all back later on. The clone was cearly weaker as the bug guy(cant remember his name) was able to take the clone power by absorbing some of it andMantis alone was a match mentally.


And like I said, you'd have a point if the clone said it was unable to transfer it's own life force which Thanos could do but I don't remember that being referenced.

I don't remember the scene you're talking about but it's been a while. And I remember him actually killing a few Mantis incarnations until loosing to her Godess form or some such. Englehart had an unhealthy obsession with Mantis.


__________________


Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 11:08 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
[B]But does Thanos not have his own stores/reservoirs of energy like Surfer?
Yeah cosmic energy, but gamma is man made.


quote:
And like I said, you'd have a point if the clone said it was unable to transfer it's own life force which Thanos could do but I don't remember that being referenced.
Thats why it was retconned as clone as it was weaker and didnt display the power/durability of the real Thanos. Thanos clearly gives Surfer life force during Cosmoc powers unlimited, so it shows he can do it, making the clone inferior

quote:
I don't remember the scene you're talking about but it's been a while. And I remember him actually killing a few Mantis incarnations until loosing to her Godess form or some such. Englehart had an unhealthy obsession with Mantis.
During Celestial Quest the bug guy takes part of the clones power when Thanos is in his mind and he struggles againt Mantis mental abilitys, which is BS when it took Mantis,Moondragon and Cosmo to mind lock a weak Thanos during TI


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 11:18 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Loki losses.. doesn't really matter which version or what stones.. that just means it will take a little longer.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 11:39 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

So clone feats can be used for Thanos?


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 11:48 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 10:32 PM.
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loki vs Thanos

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.