KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Garbage Man Vs Man-Thing

Garbage Man Vs Man-Thing
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Garbage Man Vs Man-Thing

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 08:13 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

any bio for garbage man?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 05:33 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The concept of Garbage Man is completely ridiculous on every level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 07:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I would have never expected that from such a name.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 07:57 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

there isn't a lot to go by for garbage man, but from the 3 issues, it seems his durability/regen/immunity to physical damage is on par with MT, or at least, there seem to be no meaningful difference. Its not clear if garbage man needs any external source to regenerate, and if we go with the pre-thunderbolts MT, he is a self-contained ecosystem and doesn't need external plant/moisture. In a purely physical confrontation, it seems like a stalemate, though some of MT's more esoteric ooze/plant control stuff might give him some options.

The big issue will be the fact that Garbage man has a human mind and emotions, and he has spent 3 issues being confused and nervous, if not outright scared of things like hunters or a wolf monster. While it is doubtful that even full incineration from MT would kill Garbage Man, I think it probably puts him down long enough to give MT the win, as we have seen it take Garbage Man a significant period of time to regen after being exploded.

While it is arguable even just seeing MT would be terrifying for GM (he was frightened by another monster he encountered), being human, he will be susceptable to MT's ability to enduce fear in people, especially given the "doubious lawyer" backstory he is being given, lots of guilt for MT's empathic nature to exploit:

Originally posted by inimalist
Empathic Nature

The empathic connection might be two-way, however, as Man-Thing seems to induce fear into Gladiator here [Daredevil 114]:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/...edevil11402.jpg

Here it seems, again, that staring into Man-Thing's eyes produces fearful memories in his victim [Man-Thing v3 1]:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/...nthingv3113.jpg

And again here [Man-Thing v3 1]:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4913/manthingv3119.jpg

It could be a long fight, but given GM's lack of any real means to hurt MT in any way (this might change in forthcoming issues though) and liklihood of GM experiencing fear during the fight, gotta give it to manny, I'll say 7/10, but I really don't know where those 3 wins come from...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 11:04 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

nice post. thanks.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 12:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

M-T wins

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 01:34 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

he's an ecological statement, a man-thing for the current zeitgeist

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 03:45 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's the modern day Captain Planet

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:30 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

.............I'm pretty sure most of this board watched that show back in the day.

YOU JUST MADE AN ENEMY FOR LIFE!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:45 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote