KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Astral showdown

Astral showdown
Started by: Glorificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Glorificus

Astral showdown

Shaman Nate Grey with Mind Gem
Dr. Strange with Eye of Agamotto
Cassandra Nova with Cerebra, amped with Kick and Banshee

vs

Brainwave Jr.
PC Saturn Girl
Despero
Maxima
Martian Manhunter
Manchester Black

Fight on the astral plane. Which team wins?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:45 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I'd like to add... moondragon actually had to train to use the mind gem effectively... it doesn't automatically boost your psychic power that much just because you're a powerful psychic.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:58 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Assume Nate has had decent amount of practice with the gem.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:01 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

We don't really know how powerful the gem is... other than it can give a telepath TK if they didn't already have it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:06 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, the Hood with the Mind Gem recently resisted the TP of Xavier and wasn't even aware he was doing it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:13 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, the Hood with the Mind Gem recently resisted the TP of Xavier and wasn't even aware he was doing it.

this + SNG = lulz

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:18 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by inimalist
this + SNG = lulz

Considering Hood's inept ass was able to ward off Xavier going all out with the Mind Gem and not being aware of wtf he was doing, I'd say Nate with the Gem would be pretty damn ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:20 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

moondragon must really suck, she failed to do things all the time when she had it. I never got the impression that she was boosted nearly that much.

but that is a good feat. i hadn't heard of that before and it certainly makes the gem seem more impressive.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:23 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Glorificus
Assume Nate has had decent amount of practice with the gem.
With this stip I could see him potentially soloing, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Galan007

Me, too.

This current Avengers arc is pretty much saying Hood is just about the least qualified person ever to have the Infinity Gems, and yet, he's able to perform quite a bit.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:30 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Me, too.

This current Avengers arc is pretty much saying Hood is just about the least qualified person ever to have the Infinity Gems, and yet, he's able to perform quite a bit.
Like you mentioned, most everything he's done with the gems thus far has been instinctual -- he has absolutely NO idea how to control them.

...Yet he's STILL a beast in comparison to everyone else.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:34 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

thats what I was thinking, I'm just not too familiar with any of the opponents or if they would have something to counter that

though, I'm not sure if they would have a lot of options anyways, especially given the fight is on the astral plane, so J'onn couldn't try to attack them physically or anything like that

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:37 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Add PC Darkseid, Scanner, Tomorrow Woman, Captain Comet, Mageddon, and PC Esper Lass to Team 2 then.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:45 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Recently the Hood beat Xavier in a contest of telepathy using the mind gem. I dont know how this plays out with Nate, but his Psi is greater than Moondragon by far.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:07 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Didn't he have a few other gems in addition to the mind gem? And didn't Strange ROFLPWN Moondragon with the gem? Granted, she does suck. But....let's not give no limits fallacy to the gem.

Classic Strange with the eye is a bigger threat IMO.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:15 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Didn't he have a few other gems in addition to the mind gem? And didn't Strange ROFLPWN Moondragon with the gem? Granted, she does suck. But....let's not give no limits fallacy to the gem.
The point is that the Hood has absolutely -no- idea how to use any of the gems, but still used the mind gem to resist Xavier-level TP.

In this thread, we are assuming that Nate is fairly adept with the gem. That + his already uber TP = winning.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 1st, 2011 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 03:49 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

That + his already uber TP = (please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 03:51 PM

it's not that moondragon sucked, the gems are being properly portrayed as the be-all artifacts they should be. I dont think the hood is incompetent with them either. he's doing everything based on intuition, but his instincts have been very good so far.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:28 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Like the Watcher mentioned: he's got God-like powers, but is still fighting/thinking like a mortal. Hence him battling others physically, rather than just willing them out of existence.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:31 PM

^ Like the Watcher mentioned: he's got God-like powers, but is still fighting/thinking like a mortal. Hence him battling others physically, rather than just willing them out of existence.
yes, but that's still pretty good, considering people's historical performances with the gems and the results he's getting out of them. of course, this is in part due to the way they're being written now, but the solutions he's finding with them work and he's getting better.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:36 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote