KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs. Kilowog

Magneto vs. Kilowog
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Magneto vs. Kilowog

Doubt this has been done before

populated industrial area

Mags in his prime

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 06:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

What stops Mags from simply ripping the ring of a GL's finger?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:27 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Demagnetising.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cool thumb up

Is that an automatic feat or one that requires concentration?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:48 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Cool thumb up

Is that an automatic feat or one that requires concentration?

The Lantern has to tell the ring to do it, but he can do it even if it's not on his finger.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by -Pr-
The Lantern has to tell the ring to do it, but he can do it even if it's not on his finger.

Well if it's not on his finger he is screwed isn't he?
But if he commands the ring to avoid magnetisation at the very beginning of the battle then he is sweet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well if it's not on his finger he is screwed isn't he?
But if he commands the ring to avoid magnetisation at the very beginning of the battle then he is sweet.

how? even if magneto takes the ring off of his finger, all the lantern has to say is "ring, demagnetise and return" and unless magneto can somehow stop it, he'll get it back.

i'm sure mags could put up a forcefield, but rings are pretty determined when they want to be, and can use abilities that the lantern could use.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:11 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Because if the ring is off his finger and then has to will the ring to de-magnetise then will it to return. Mags would've already pumped a random piece of metal through Kilowog's skull. Or made his concentration worthless by manipulating the iron in the blood in his brain.

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:22 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

whats Kilos durability without the ring? if magneto is able to take the ring off him, couldnt he just kill him before it returns?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:23 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Because if the ring is off his finger and then has to will the ring to de-magnetise then will it to return. Mags would've already pumped a random piece of metal through Kilowog's skull. Or made his concentration worthless by manipulating the iron in the blood in his brain.

Regardless in this fight the ring is already on his finger. De-magnetising it will require a thought giving Mags an opening of attack. But after that it's on.

the rings are programmed to return to their wearer when the wearer tells them too. even from some reasonably large distances. it's more to do with the ring's charge than any willpower.

say, if the ring has 90% power, it won't require any actual willpower to get it back, usually.

gl shields (assuming the ring is still on his finger) can protect against iron in the blood attacks and so forth.

that, and kilowog would have access to all the information about hal jordan's battles with doctor polaris, who for a time was a lantern villain.

and all that is assuming that magneto can even take the ring off of him in the first place, which for me isn't so cut and dry.

while i can certainly see avenues for magneto winning, i think kilowog has a fair shot too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:25 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Thanks Pr.

I guess it's all up to battle feats now.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:28 PM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

i would give any top tier GL a wins against Mag..so Kilowog FTW..

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 01:51 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

any proof the GL ring is metal?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 01:54 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Pulling the ring off the finger does jack shit.

IIRC, John had to send his ring light years away just so he could shoot himself without it automatically protecting him. The rings autoshield even when not on the wearer.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 02:57 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

anyway kilowog FTW

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:09 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MrMind
any proof the GL ring is metal?
any proof that it isnt ?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:10 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by chomperx9
any proof that it isnt ?

Don't ask people to prove a negative.

Anyway, the rings before Johns had a few instances of being metal, though I don't know if it's been retconned. F*cker retconned pretty much everything else...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:14 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't ask people to prove a negative.

Anyway, the rings before Johns had a few instances of being metal, though I don't know if it's been retconned. F*cker retconned pretty much everything else...
so since john came along I guess the gaurdians have decided to order the platic version of the rings for the GLs, no ?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:17 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

so since john came along I guess the gaurdians have decided to order the platic version of the rings for the GLs, no ?

No idea. He redesigned the entire power of the corps. Wouldn't be surprised if he changed the ring too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:17 AM
MrMind

any proof that it isnt ?

last I check it's made from Oan material, which has nothing to do with earth's metal. there was the instance where firestorm cannot transmute Oan robot because the Oan material happens to be alive

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:24 AM