KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. Odin-w/twist

Thanos vs. Odin-w/twist
Started by: Gadabout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gadabout

Thanos vs. Odin-w/twist

Thanos feeling real good about his enhanced status decides to take Odin down for old times sake, but he aint going empty handed so he tracks down what he believes to be an ultimate weapon. But Loki is in the mix and has tricked Ol'Thanos and so instead of some ultimate weapon he finds:

1) Wonderwoman's Lasso and bracelets
2) The Eye Of Aggamoto
3) Caps shield and the Ebony sword
4) Fully Charged GL ring
5) Power prism

He must and can only choose 1 of these selections as Odin is closing in
What is choice and does he win?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 01:36 PM
Gadabout is currently offline Click here to Send Gadabout a Private Message Find more posts by Gadabout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Doesn't matter, he's still going to lose.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 01:37 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dumb.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 01:46 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

<_>

quan still says thanos wins and the rest of us dont care

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 01:50 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 07:04 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

eye of aggamotto

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 07:38 PM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Won't help.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:01 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

The Eye of Agamotto and the Ebony Blade alone make this a deadly fight for Odin.

Back in Thor 400 when Seth had absorbed all the powers of his pantheon and made himself Odin's peer in power, it was the Ebony Blade that annihilated him.

Hogun hurled the cursed Black Knight at Seth and it cut right through him like a hot knife through butter. If he had hit Odin instead, Odin would be a corpse.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:09 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by zopzop
The Eye of Agamotto and the Ebony Blade alone make this a deadly fight for Odin.

Read the opening post....Thanos only gets one weapon.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:42 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Ah!

If Thanos is smart enough to choose the Ebony Blade he at least has a chance of killing Odin if that sucker connects.

The Eye would be a good BFR win.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:08 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

the lasso here is not going to work on odin. He will resist it. I think thanos has a decent shot at this.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:33 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The eye would probably be a decent bet. His connection w/ Death may even allow him to use some of its more sophisticated powers.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:34 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I'm pretty sure the Vishanti will object if he tries to use the eye's powers. Not to mention I doubt he can get the same mileage out of it Strange did.

Zeel: Do not sell the lasso short. It's one of the most powerful weapons in the DCU. It's held down skyfathers before. Hell, it was one of the weapons used to stop Darkseid in Final Crisis. I seriously doubt Thanos can use it though. stick out tongue

Exactly how powerful is the EB? Wasn't the curse broken on it?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 04:29 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I doubt Thanos would ever connect with the sword, Odin could easily keep him at range or block with Grungir if needed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:00 AM
Simbon

I would actually go with the GL ring; it will stack will with his other powers, his will-power is second to no one's, and he doesn't have to worry about connecting like he does with some of the others.

As for winning... If we accept that their previous fight wasn't PIS, then I think that Thanos can break even if Odin doesn't use Gungnir. With Gungnir, it is still not inconceivable that THanos gets 1-2/10 by coming up with some crazy trick.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:37 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Like hell. Odin was not going all out. and Thanos was getting crushed. He did alright, but he was nowhere near winning.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:47 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I doubt Thanos would ever connect with the sword, Odin could easily keep him at range or block with Grungir if needed.

That sword has absorbed Zeus' Thunderbolts and hurled them back at him. And if it connects............. well you saw what happened to Seth with the entire power of his pantheon backing him.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 06:21 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Odin

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 07:17 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote