KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvels "Low Heralds" vs. DC's Supertypes

Marvels "Low Heralds" vs. DC's Supertypes
Started by: Existere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Marvels "Low Heralds" vs. DC's Supertypes

Doom, Magneto and Cassandra Nova start side by side, individual shields raised around all three.

They face Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Black Adam and Captain Marvel

They fight on/above Castle Doom (though with no prior notice or prep, and Latveria is devoid of all other people)

In character.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

DC wins

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:28 AM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
DC wins
How so? Feel free to expand.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:29 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Hmmm.

Well, Doom's magic would be useful against the Kryptonians, but not so much against Diana, and even less effective against the Marvels. His magic/tech is good enough to stand up against high heralds for a time, though. Magneto's versatile and powerful in his own right, but I'm uncertain of how he'll fare in this fight as a whole. Nova's TP is pretty tough, but I think Diana will probably resist it or be immune to it. I know telepathy has been shown to be dependent on plot as to how far it effects the Marvel Family members. Their wisdom and courage usually protects them from mental intrusion/attack, but I know Captain Marvel was once forced into saying Shazam by Brainwave (though Mr. Mind was inside of his brain, so he could have been amped or something). At the same time, he was apparently only mildly irritated when faced with a room full of telepaths the Ultra-Humanite w/Thunderbolt had been using to keep the majority of the world docile. And Black Adam has been shown to be effected by Psycho Pirate, so take it as you will.

In character, I think Doom and the others pack more versatility and the willingness to use it, but can they win before arguably the strongest and fastest tough guys (and gals) in DC destroy them?

Can Doom activate Castle Doom's defenses/use it's resources during the battle?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:39 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Castle Doom's defenses are initially all dormant, and the only tech or resources available will be those that can be proven to be regular elements of the castle (Doombots, I imagine. I wouldn't know what else).

If those can be accessed in the middle of battle, they're free to be used.

As I said, no prep.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:58 AM
Smurph
------

Re: Marvels "Low Heralds" vs. DC's Supertypes

Originally posted by Existere
Doom, Magneto and Cassandra Nova start side by side, individual shields raised around all three.
I realize this sounds a little ambiguous.

What I mean to say is:

Cassie, Mags and Doom will all be shielded by both Magneto and Doom's shields.

As far as castle defenses go, I'm hoping they don't become a decisive element of the battle. Feel free to state whether they'd be matchbreaking or not.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 02:22 AM

these three are low heralds? well, I think they win.

mindrape the ones that are more vulnerable to TP and sic them on the others, CM and SG I believe. Rain magic on the kryptonians.
activate the doombots and defenses of the palace, Mags and Doom would do this instantly.

exotic energy attacks on their metabolisms, massive blasting, controlling WW's tiara and BFRing tactics can do the rest.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 01:10 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Black

Im not so sure.

All of them move faster than the speed of thought.

If Latveria is empty, each of them individually are capable of flattening it.

All of the DC crew can hit with the force of nuclear bombs. All attacking at once is a recipe for pandemonium. As long as they are not trying to restrain Black Adam and tehy all are fighting to get at the three villains, they can win.

Latveria will however be flattened

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 01:28 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

IMO Cass is going to from the gecko mind control a couple of the strongest ones on the other side.

Doom will activate defenses and send all doombots againt team2. I don't expect them to be a serious threat but after Doom Wars Doom should have lots of toys around that are dangerous.

Magneto can basically just focus on forcefields protecting the team and castle if needed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 01:40 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Lord Feron
IMO Cass is going to from the gecko mind control a couple of the strongest ones on the other side.

I really don't see it being nearly that easy.

Considering both the Marvels have good TP resistance, Diana is pretty much immune to TP, and Kryptonians have decent TP resistance.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 02:59 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Once Diana gets a lasso on a TP controlled person, they're free as well, and lassoing Nova also prevents her from using telepathy.

The Marvel enchantment's original purpose is fighting mages, so they're at least as well off against Doom's spells as Diana is, maybe more-so. They're fairly hard to mind control too.

Team DC is too powerful and too resistant.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:06 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

I dont recall CM being that hard to mind-control

Last edited by 753 on Apr 7th, 2011 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:07 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Q99
Once Diana gets a lasso on a TP controlled person, they're free as well, and lassoing Nova also prevents her from using telepathy.

The Marvel enchantment's original purpose is fighting mages, so they're at least as well off against Doom's spells as Diana is, maybe more-so. They're fairly hard to mind control too.

Team DC is too powerful and too resistant.

Marvels have some of the best magic resistance of any Heralds.

I remember one comic where Captain Marvel was magically turned inside out and in the next panel was all better.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:10 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Black

That wasnt magic though.

He got hit by a tesseract bomb by the void hound

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:24 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I think:

Magneto stands a good chance at occupying or KO'ing Diana, and I'm sure he can handle her while being a nuisance for the others.

Cassandra and Doom are capable of double teaming the Kryptonians by keeping them either physically or mentally completely occupied, then using magic or telepathy to take them out.

After that, it would potentially be three-on-two.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:25 PM
bbrem123

does anybody have scans of what dooms, novas, and magnetos shield can resist?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:39 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Existere
I think:

Magneto stands a good chance at occupying or KO'ing Diana, and I'm sure he can handle her while being a nuisance for the others.

Cassandra and Doom are capable of double teaming the Kryptonians by keeping them either physically or mentally completely occupied, then using magic or telepathy to take them out.

After that, it would potentially be three-on-two.
and while all that is happening, what are black adam and marvel doing...just watching?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:43 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Starscream M
and while all that is happening, what are black adam and marvel doing...just watching?

thats what im saying...5 on 3 doesnt seem to fair at all...especially those 5

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:44 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Starscream M
You tell me, Brucey. What would they be doing?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:46 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Apparently nothing while the others are being attacked. Right?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:49 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote