KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Elektra vs Mercury

Elektra vs Mercury
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Elektra vs Mercury

thoughts? always thought this would make for a cool looking battle for some reason.....

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 10:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It would be a cool looking battle. Hm, stabbing wouldn't work, but would chi or some mental trick...? Normally Elektra's TP is an easy win, but her mental tricks are generally used to set up a stab.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:17 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Just to be clear, we're talking about Cessily Kincaid, right Leo?

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 24th, 2011 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

who is mercury?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
who is mercury?

Cessily Kincaid/Mercury is a member of the New X-men (and back when the Academy had multiple squads, she was specifically on Emma's "Hellions" training squad). She's made of 'living mercury' in a similar way that Colossus is living metal (though her 'mercury' isn't really real mercury, i.e. it's not poisonous). Mercury's thus very flexible, she can turn her arms into blades and spikes, but attacks can go through her, she can be liquid-y to travel through small spaces like a puddle, etc..

Good friends with X-23.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:25 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

kinda like warblade?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah. Her power is similar to his. She doesn't have the experience he has though.

I don't see how Elektra can beat her physically.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:20 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Prep-Man
kinda like warblade?

Sorta like Warblade's blades, but doesn't he have a non-mutable body? And not super-strong blades like his either.

Here's some pics:
liquid-y

fight-y

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:27 AM
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't see how Elektra can beat her physically.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 04:57 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StyleTime
Just to be clear, we're talking about Cessily Kincaid, right Leo?

indeed. thing is, if elektra can cut off enough pieces.....

i think elektra can win, just not sure how many.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 06:19 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Cutting off a piece or two at a time won't do too well since they can re-attach.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 12:45 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will there EVER be aother new xmen character that's not been done a million times before? Is it really that hard to come up with a cool looking character that is original. 30 years of terrible characters.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 01:25 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Q99
Cutting off a piece or two at a time won't do too well since they can re-attach.

i thought there was something posted once about a part that was cut off dying.... confused

if not, it will be tough for elektra, though enough physical damage might overwhelm her. since i didn't specify an arena, it would be doubly tough. had i said a city scene, elektra would likely find a way to use electricity to weaken or outright incapacitate her.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 02:01 PM
Q99

Originally posted by leonidas
i thought there was something posted once about a part that was cut off dying.... confused

They can be cut off and kept off, and that hurts her (btw, the group doing it did so with lasers), but I don't think if she gets slashed with a sword that that'd do.

quote:
if not, it will be tough for elektra, though enough physical damage might overwhelm her.

Being liquid, dealing damage is the problem.

Though chi might work.

quote:
since i didn't specify an arena, it would be doubly tough. had i said a city scene, elektra would likely find a way to use electricity to weaken or outright incapacitate her.

It doesn't take much electricity to take her down.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 02:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Q99
They can be cut off and kept off, and that hurts her (btw, the group doing it did so with lasers), but I don't think if she gets slashed with a sword that that'd do.

Being liquid, dealing damage is the problem.

Though chi might work.

It doesn't take much electricity to take her down.

i like the chi angle, but i don't know any direct chi attacks (physical attacks aside) she has used. she hasn't used chi directly in an offensive (ironfist-esque) manner that i know of. so how do you see her using it here?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:21 PM
Q99

Originally posted by leonidas
i like the chi angle, but i don't know any direct chi attacks (physical attacks aside) she has used. she hasn't used chi directly in an offensive (ironfist-esque) manner that i know of. so how do you see her using it here?

Can't she put it into her weapons or something? A normal blade may pass right through, but a chi-enhanced one might maybe work like the lasers that were used to cut chunks off of her, make it a bit harder to re-attach. Maybe?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:24 PM
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by long pig
Will there EVER be aother new xmen character that's not been done a million times before? Is it really that hard to come up with a cool looking character that is original. 30 years of terrible characters.

Prodigy, Dust (her power has been done, but her design and character hasn't), Tag, Pixie, DJ, Blindfold, Armor, and Ink all had unique and interesting personalities, as well as powersets.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:33 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote