KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who's shields are stronger based on feats..

Who's shields are stronger based on feats..
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KuRuPT Thanosi

Who's shields are stronger based on feats..

Classic Strange or Magneto?

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 07:32 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Strange survived the IG. Who do you think?

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:09 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Strange survived the IG. Who do you think?

? Other people have been blasted by the power of the power gem and survived it.... Taking a hit does not mean tanking the whole thing.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:11 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Strange.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:12 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Originally posted by rotiart
? Other people have been blasted by the power of the power gem and survived it.... Taking a hit does not mean tanking the whole thing.

The power gem is weaker than the Ig. Thanos blasted strange with the intention of killing him.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:13 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Really? Please show me any narration that says Thanos was using the full power of the IG. You're basically saying Thanos can easily beat abstracts... but strange's shields are stronger than abstracts.. You don't say...

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:28 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

As pertains this thread, I'd say Strange...

Off topic, out of the characters that use shields with some consistency, Thanos's shields own all...

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:36 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Really? Please show me any narration that says Thanos was using the full power of the IG. You're basically saying Thanos can easily beat abstracts... but strange's shields are stronger than abstracts.. You don't say...

Your really saying that. After he killed EVERYONE else. Your a idiot. I swear to god.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:37 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Off hand I remember the dr strange adam warlock confrontation but not necessarily the thanks dr strange one....

And are you talking about when thanos admits to handicapping himself against the heroes

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:43 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Originally posted by rotiart
Off hand I remember the dr strange adam warlock confrontation but not necessarily the thanks dr strange one....

And are you talking about when thanos admits to handicapping himself against the heroes
Thanos stated flat out he wasnt making himself weaker he only made it so he didnt know everything

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos stated flat out he wasnt making himself weaker he only made it so he didnt know everything
He was still not at full power. It clearly stated that in the comic.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magnetos shield protected him from phoenix

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:01 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

So you are.. You're basically saying Thanos can one shot abstracts with ease... but but... strnage's shields... those can stand up to a full powered IG blast.. interesting logic idiot. Again, where did it say a full powered IG blast? Was that the short bus version your parents bought for you?

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:04 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by chomperx9
Magnetos shield protected him from phoenix

And Galactus.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

So you are.. You're basically saying Thanos can one shot abstracts with ease... but but... strnage's shields... those can stand up to a full powered IG blast.. interesting logic idiot. Again, where did it say a full powered IG blast? Was that the short bus version your parents bought for you?
What happened happened. Go back to your basement you window licking buffoon.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:16 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Thought so dumbass

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:34 PM
Senor Cage

Dr. Fate.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Dr Strange can't stand up to abstracts now? News to me

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 10:16 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Where do people get the idea that all the gems in the Infinity Gauntlet are used in unison, if not specified otherwise?

I mean, when Thanos blasts two Celestials with an attack, does it make sense that the attack came from the Time Gem, Space Gem, Mind Gem, all in that single attack?

Or, when he alters reality, is he using every single gem to alter it, or simply the reality gem?

I don't believe there's proof for or against my theory, but I believe every gem in the Infinity Gauntlet performs a single function.. They NEVER get used in unison. The gains of creating the gauntlet are a massive upgrade in power for each gem, but it's still each individual gem doing a specific function....

Think like Captain Planet. All the powers combined become magnified, but are still separate powers in and of themselves...

This isn't to say that a gauntlet user can't use multiple powers at the same time though....

Old Post May 24th, 2011 12:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say they have pretty similar shields. Strength wise. Neither are indestructable.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 24th, 2011 01:04 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote