KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Manchester Black vs Nate Grey

Manchester Black vs Nate Grey
Started by: McNasty996

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
McNasty996

Manchester Black vs Nate Grey

Manchester Black

vs

Nate Grey

Forum Rules. Fight in JLA watchtower. Who wins?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 06:13 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Knowing what he is going up against, MB kills himself. Sad fact is Nate has an arsenal of exotic powers, and less ways to be harmed then MB. Not to mention that he commands greater levels of power.

Even if we narrow it down to basics. X-Man is the greater Telepath/Telekenie of the two.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 06:30 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I just made this thread

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 08:03 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

nate's definitely more versatile. tp is close enough neither is getting over on the other with it. tk? nate has better on-panel feats and it has been hinted that he can destroy planets. depending on your interpretation of scans, black MAY have tk on a planetary scale as well though and can amp his strength with it enough to harm superman (not even taking into account that illusory fight they had). not saying he could BEAT kal in h2h with it, but still, he can make himself damn strong. nate's shields are uber though. black can also manifest shields though, but the upper limit of their strength (on panel) is well below nate's demonstrated levels. otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

i think if it were strictly tp/tk combat, it would be close imo but i'd side with nate. nate however can USE his powers in ways black has never been shown to. given the slight power edge and the significant versatility edge, gotta give nate the wins in this. i DO think it would be a very cool fight though. hard to compare black with his limited appearances to someone like nate with so much history.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 08:24 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

Fine level TK control?

I would like to point out that originally Ellis did not intend to infuse Nate with the X-Brand on his chest. His original intention was for him to reach into his body, and defuse the genetic anomaly implanted by Sinister. In doing so, it would provide the blue print to create a processes to cure all mutants/humans of the Legacy Virus.

Neat stuff. Nate has fine level of TK. Evident by merging/unmerging Idiris. Or if we want to go a little back, he had molecular control over his body in his pre-shaman era. That’s how he phased through solid objects.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 01:35 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Is Nate's tk better than Cable's?

Iirc Cable has better control.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 01:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Mindset
Is Nate's tk better than Cable's?

Iirc Cable has better control.
Cable was more impressive with his TK. But then again, the plot demanded for Cable to show off his TK for two reasons. 1st being he wanted to police the entire planet. 2nd to enforce that there was no one on the planet who could beat him.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 04:19 AM

cable was a show off with his matter manipulation, buit I would assume Nate cvan replicate thsoe feats. regardless, he will beat black blue

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 02:27 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Black doesn't have much hope IMO Nate/Cable at their best without inhibitions (i.e. Cable technovirus/inability to handle power) are better w/ TK and TP than Black.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 09:15 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by "Id"
Cable was more impressive with his TK. But then again, the plot demanded for Cable to show off his TK for two reasons. 1st being he wanted to police the entire planet. 2nd to enforce that there was no one on the planet who could beat him.
3rd Cable is much better than Nate at everything.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 09:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Mindset
3rd Cable is much better than Nate at everything.
Damn clones.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 09:21 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

nate's definitely more versatile. tp is close enough neither is getting over on the other with it. tk? nate has better on-panel feats and it has been hinted that he can destroy planets. depending on your interpretation of scans, black MAY have tk on a planetary scale as well though and can amp his strength with it enough to harm superman (not even taking into account that illusory fight they had). not saying he could BEAT kal in h2h with it, but still, he can make himself damn strong. nate's shields are uber though. black can also manifest shields though, but the upper limit of their strength (on panel) is well below nate's demonstrated levels. otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

i think if it were strictly tp/tk combat, it would be close imo but i'd side with nate. nate however can USE his powers in ways black has never been shown to. given the slight power edge and the significant versatility edge, gotta give nate the wins in this. i DO think it would be a very cool fight though. hard to compare black with his limited appearances to someone like nate with so much history.

Black doesn't stand even a small chance at this fight... he gets KILLED as if he was nothing but a nuicance. Yes, he had a pretty good showing against Supes but that's not enough to put him on the scales of Nate or GL Cable. His TP attacks would fail and his TK would get over powered. He gets 2 paneled. He could have gave Darkseid a stroke and he would still lose terribly against these two... they would mind rape/ rip his atoms apart.

Nate 10/10 and easily at that.

By the way, everything you said about Manchester is pure speculation.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

go away, i dont care if you're right or not but you are simply no fun

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:30 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
go away, i dont care if you're right or not but you are simply no fun

stick out tongue

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by carver9
Black doesn't stand even a small chance at this fight... he gets KILLED as if he was nothing but a nuicance. Yes, he had a pretty good showing against Supes but that's not enough to put him on the scales of Nate or GL Cable. His TP attacks would fail and his TK would get over powered. He gets 2 paneled. He could have gave Darkseid a stroke and he would still lose terribly against these two... they would mind rape/ rip his atoms apart.

Nate 10/10 and easily at that.

By the way, everything you said about Manchester is pure speculation.

you must be kidding. i really REALLY wish you'd read before shooting off your mouth and being wrong over and over again......

let's review what i said about black, shall we?

1. he has been shown to be able to easily controlled 1000s of people as well as dozens of SUPERHUMANS, both terrestrial AND aliens simultaneously. (on panel)

2. you've already SEEN the scans that may or may not indicate he could destroy a moon on his own.

3. you've SEEN the scan where he decks superman with tk.

4. you've seen his shields, and i SAID nate's were better.

all of these are NOT up for debate, except (AS I SAID) the moon-destroying scan.

so, what exactly is "speculatory" in ANYTHING i said? do you even know what the word means?

you certainly seem to be an expert in this field though, so enlighten us regarding black's level. where do YOU see him fitting in in marvel? who do you think he's equal to?

while you're at it, tell me the toughest guy you've ever seen nate take. and you can tell us all who the toughest guy cable ever took out was too. cuz black taking out superman is a BIG BIG fish. and don't forget how he casually blocked out jonn as well. so, who do you think he COULD take in marvel? we're all dying to know how low you place him.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:38 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Nate wins, 6-7/10

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 10:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

you must be kidding. i really REALLY wish you'd read before shooting off your mouth and being wrong over and over again......

1. he has been shown to be able to easily controlled 1000s of people as well as dozens of SUPERHUMANS, both terrestrial AND aliens simultaneously. (on panel)

2. you've already SEEN the scans that may or may not indicate he could destroy a moon on his own.

all of these are NOT up for debate, except (AS I SAID) the moon-destroying scan.

so, what exactly is "speculatory" in ANYTHING i said? do you even know what the word means?

you certainly seem to be an expert in this field though, so enlighten us regarding black's level. where do YOU see him fitting in in marvel? who do you think he's equal to?

while you're at it, tell me the toughest guy you've ever seen nate take. and you can tell us all who the toughest guy cable ever took out was too. cuz black taking out superman is a BIG BIG fish. and don't forget how he casually blocked out jonn as well. so, who do you think he COULD take in marvel? we're all dying to know how low you place him.
that's good and all, but MB really doesnt have the feats to stand against nate interms of either TK or TP. His showings are too few and while he does have good feats with them, SNG has at least matched everythign he's accomplished in terms of raw power and fine control. he has more/better feats on both departaments and a lot more powers to fall back on. this isnt a balanced fight

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:10 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Black has no answer for Nate time manipulation. And there is a permanent wild card, that if Black attempts any mental contact, Nate could end up draining him of his mental energy. That some serious exotic powers to overcome.

Leo was asking if X-Man had any showings if using fine TK control, considering Black was only pinching Superman blood viens. Nate has blasted his opponents to atomic bits, and has molecular control over matter. But here is old favorite.

My telekinesis just sheared down through a hundred, and thirty feet of dirt, and rock. Smashed four more feet of solid brick, and mortar. And pulverized it all in mid air before your eyes. Lets take a minute to imagine what it could do to you. - Nate Grey
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2056/xman02010.jpg

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:30 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by 753
that's good and all, but MB really doesnt have the feats to stand against nate interms of either TK or TP. His showings are too few and while he does have good feats with them, SNG has at least matched everythign he's accomplished in terms of raw power and fine control. he has more/better feats on both departaments and a lot more powers to fall back on. this isnt a balanced fight

which i already acknowledged......

carver's idiocy aside, i SAID nate wins. i do NOT think it would be a walk over though, by any stretch (wait for it now) IF IT WERE RELEGATED TO STRAIGHT TP/TK battle. i DO admit that if nate were to go time manip, (as his admitted versatility egde may allow him to do) then he would win. his more exotic demonstrations of power trump black, as i said already.

and id that IS a cool scene.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:43 PM
Senor Cage

Well said.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:47 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote