KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » PISless Superman vs PISless Martian Manhunter

PISless Superman vs PISless Martian Manhunter
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

PISless Superman vs PISless Martian Manhunter

Who wins the majority?

PIS and CIS is off for both.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 09:51 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Jonn.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 09:52 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

MM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 10:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Iv always seen MM and Supes as being the 2 most powerful Leaguers really.. If anyone is Supes equal on the League its MM. But he seems to be seriously under rated on these boards.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 10:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Iv always seen MM and Supes as being the 2 most powerful Leaguers really.. If anyone is Supes equal on the League its MM. But he seems to be seriously under rated on these boards.

Yeah, but in this topic there is no PIS, which may have been present in the other debates (not that I agree he would lose in a battle with PIS on). MM's versatility will nullify whatever physical advantages Supes has over him and then some.

I do agree MM is under-rated though. If he used all his powers proficiently as a genius and a veteran like himself would, he is in my opinion, one of the strongest in his tier.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 10:47 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Placidity
Yeah, but in this topic there is no PIS, which may have been present in the other debates (not that I agree he would lose in a battle with PIS on). MM's versatility will nullify whatever physical advantages Supes has over him and then some.

I do agree MM is under-rated though. If he used all his powers proficiently as a genius and a veteran like himself would, he is in my opinion, one of the strongest in his tier.

Do you consider MM a high herald?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 10:51 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by carver9
Do you consider MM a high herald?

I would rank him ahead of Superman in terms of overall power, that is, his power set is greater.

Now let me ask you this:

Since the most obvious attributes Superman has over Jonn is Speed and Strength, if Superman's was 100 for both, what would Jonn's be?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 11:01 AM
carver9

I would rank him ahead of Superman in terms of overall power, that is, his power set is greater.

Now let me ask you this:

Since the most obvious attributes Superman has over Jonn is Speed and Strength, if Superman's was 100 for both, what would Jonn's be?

I don't consider MM that far away strength or speed wise than most top tiers.

If Superman and Thor scale is a 100, I would say Martian Manhunter is either a 90 or 95. It has also been stated that MM can amp his punches to match Supermans strength.

I consider him a high Herald, I just wanted to see what others thought of him.

Martian Manhunter IS underated but his appearances in comics doesn't help him.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 11:12 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

PIS isn't what afflicts J'onn, it's CIS. smile

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 01:55 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

^Basically but I'll assume you mean an all out on either. Well for New Earth I'd say Manhunter but PC I'd go with supes if you include his more obscure powers and things like superconcentration and that kryptonian meditation that blocks TP. Heatvision is a big factor as well. If Supes blast Manhunter with a blast that could melt the surface of a planet from orbit Manhunter is screwed. (hyperbole for people who are going to be sticklers for accuracy but take it for the point that it's intended to make)

So actually New Earth Supes has a chance but I think it comes down to who fries who first Supes with heatvision or MM with TP.

PC I think Supes takes it.

Also is Superman allowed to go and get those choco cookies that MM loves so much if so it's instawin for Superman.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 03:07 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paisapower

Superman wins,

hes clearly superior in all the powers they share and the only power the Martian has that could help is TP. That in itself is not enough, in my opinion

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 08:43 PM
paisapower is currently offline Click here to Send paisapower a Private Message Find more posts by paisapower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Hasn't HV affected Jonn in phased form? If so then HV ftw.
Also what are Jonn's speed feats?
I'm thinking Superman will just combo him to ko before he can act.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 09:32 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Combo to KO...the solution to all of life's problems.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 09:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

^ forget combos Hadouken spam ftw

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 09:40 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by paisapower
Superman wins,

hes clearly superior in all the powers they share and the only power the Martian has that could help is TP. That in itself is not enough, in my opinion

You forgot Intangibility.. TP and Phasing can easily be 2 HUGE deal breakers. Especially when we're talking about one of the most powerful telepaths in comics, who also has enough strength and speed to go toe to toe with Supes without TP or Phasing..

Originally posted by h1a8
Hasn't HV affected Jonn in phased form? If so then HV ftw.

Jonn phased right through SBP's HV, so Superman's should'nt be any different really. But then again logic doesn't count for much in comics.

Originally posted by h1a8
Also what are Jonn's speed feats?
I'm thinking Superman will just combo him to ko before he can act.

Nah he's not the Hulk. Although probably slower than Supes, he's too fast to get blitzed IMO.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 11:25 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I see this going 50/50.

MM best chances would be his telepathy, but Superman has resisted high end telepath more than once.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 11:54 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

frankly, without tp, i'm not sure jonn can win. supes's durability is just too great and while i think the tp could mess clark up, i'm not a 100% it would be enough given clark's showings vs tp's. mm would certainly make a fight of it, but in the end i think supes would take it. it might go something similar to clark's battle against protex...

clark 7-8/10 imo

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 12:41 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

People forget, even IF Superman can resist Jonn putting him down with TP, he still can't touch Jonn. Jonn can still read his mind and be one step ahead of him every time, he won't get touched with his combination of mind-reading and intangibility.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 01:18 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

J'onn

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 01:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

People forget, even IF Superman can resist Jonn putting him down with TP, he still can't touch Jonn. Jonn can still read his mind and be one step ahead of him every time, he won't get touched with his combination of mind-reading and intangibility.
He can't read Clark's mind, enter it, or detect him if Clark doesn't want him to.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 29th, 2011 01:43 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote