KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Action Comics Superman vs. The Thing

Action Comics Superman vs. The Thing
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Action Comics Superman vs. The Thing

Grant Morrison's AC Superman

vs.

The Thing (current, none of that Worthy crap).

How does he fare?

*Note: As Action Comics is an ongoing title that will progress and Superman's ability/power will obviously increase given time, feel free to point out exactly when Morrison's Superman will be powerful enough to beat Thing for the majority. As of now, we'll go with AC#1 as a judge and weigh in more as the issues and stories develop.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 06:43 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I think you could make a solid case for AC#1 Superman beating Ben right now. In terms of durability he's not as tough yet, but they're probably close in strength and Supes has the edge in speed.

I don't know how quickly he'll develop in AC, but I'm guessing it won't take very long to decisively win.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 06:59 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

True, I'm also thinking the heat vision is potent even now.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:08 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Probably. Speed is no question, as he's already been shown catching bullets. His durability might be an issue; I dunno yet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Probably. Speed is no question, as he's already been shown catching bullets. His durability might be an issue; I dunno yet.
I think Thing could take a bullet train and get up so I'll give him the edge in durability but speed and heatvision will put Supes over imo

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 08:10 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

This Kal has Ben beat in Speed, probably equals Ben in strength, and loses to Ben in durability.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 08:26 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Uriel005
I think Thing could take a bullet train and get up so I'll give him the edge in durability but speed and heatvision will put Supes over imo

I dunno. Those kinds of trains can weigh several hundred tons, and going 200mph hits pretty hard. Especially seeing as Superman was trying to slow it down, not stop it dead.

Not saying it puts him above Thing, but I'd say it's close if it's the standard for him at that age.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 08:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by -Pr-
I dunno. Those kinds of trains can weigh several hundred tons, and going 200mph hits pretty hard. Especially seeing as Superman was trying to slow it down, not stop it dead.

Not saying it puts him above Thing, but I'd say it's close if it's the standard for him at that age.
Oh most definitely I'm just saying at the time of the incident I think Thing would fair better. He's taken far harder shots in his time and Superman is just starting out so I'd have to see more to see where this scales on his (Superman's) average.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 09:42 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote