KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Surfer had complete and utter intent to kill...

If Surfer had complete and utter intent to kill...
Started by: MF DELPH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

If Surfer had complete and utter intent to kill...

...what big name heralds could he not convincingly defeat at least 7/10, and why?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:48 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He can beat all of them in these type of stips.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Other heralds are in character?

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 03:58 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

if the other characters are out for the kill as well

majestic

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yeah, only person out of character would be Surfer. Let's say Surfer finally snapped from all the survivor's guilt he carries and decided to just go all in with his job of feeding Galactus rather than being a pacifist and reluctant fighter, so he has Galactus completely remove any compassion from his psyche. The other heralds are unaware of this change in Surfer's demeanor.

>Z<

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:13 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
if the other characters are out for the kill as well

majestic

Majestic is pretty much always out to kill. Or at least refuses to lose.

>Z<

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:14 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, only person out of character would be Surfer. Let's say Surfer finally snapped from all the survivor's guilt he carries and decided to just go all in with his job of feeding Galactus rather than being a pacifist and reluctant fighter, so he has Galactus completely remove any compassion from his psyche. The other heralds are unaware of this change in Surfer's demeanor.

i cant think of a herald who could defeat him in character...who do u believe could?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:44 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

With the Surfer's abilities he should be able to defeat any character who is limited to with mere solid kinetic, durability, speed feats.

The power cosmic is the unexplained power of the universe. The core formula. The stuff the edge of the Marvel Universe's galaxy is made of and nothing can get through unless through wormholes. Beings can teleport within galaxies but can't go through the actual edge of the galaxy.

If the Surfer was to go rogue. He would kill many characters no probs. But then again I need a list of characters to compare. Current Surfer was able to become the very particles that surrounded the Earth itself. And communicate through them to the Defenders.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jan 2nd, 2012 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 04:58 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by the ninjak
With the Surfer's abilities he should be able to defeat any character who is limited to with mere solid kinetic, durability, speed feats.

The power cosmic is the unexplained power of the universe. The core formula. The stuff the edge of the Marvel Universe's galaxy is made of and nothing can get through unless through wormholes. Beings can teleport within galaxies but can't go through the actual edge of the galaxy.

If the Surfer was to go rogue. He would kill many characters no probs. But then again I need a list of characters to compare. Current Surfer was able to become the very particles that surrounded the Earth itself. And communicate through them to the Defenders.

Adam Warlock, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Qztr, The Sentry, The Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman (including B/R and AS), Thor, The Void, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Cpt. Comet,Captain Marvel (DC), Damien Hellstrom, Doomsday, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Kid Omega, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Quasar, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Skreet, Supergirl, Supreme, Swamp Thing, Terrax the Tamer, Void, Waverider, Wildfire, Wonder Woman Absorbing Man, Air Walker, Animal Man, Apocalypse, Apollo, Argent, The Atom, Aztek, Bizarro Superman, Breach, Cassandra Nova, Cir-El, Count Nefaria, Damage, Darkness, Darwin, Death's Head 3.0, Death Metal, Dr. Doom, Dr. Invincible, Dr. Light, Dr. Polaris, Drax The Destroyer, Engineer, Etrigan, Exodus, Fin Fang Foom, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), Gammid, Gamora (w/Godslayer), Ganondorf, Gilgamesh, Gorilla Grodd, Graviton, Green Lantern (Soranik Natu), He-Man, Hector Hammond, Hulk, Iceman, Isis, Jade, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Jack of Hearts, Jericho, Juggernaut (Classic), Kalibak, Lightray, Living Monolith, Lunatik, Magneto, Major Force, Makkari, Man-Beast, Manchester Black, Mar-Vell, Matrix Supergirl, Meggan, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), Mr. M, Nova (Frankie Raye), Nova Richard Rider (current), Plastic Man, Prime, Professor X, Raven, The Ray, Red Tornado, Ronan the Accuser, Saturn Girl, Selene (External), Sersi, Shadow King, Shaman, Starhawk, Super Skrull, Superboy, Tempest, Ultra Boy, Ultra-Humanite, Ultron, Union, Vulcan, Winter, Zauriel,

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:20 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

not all of theses folk are herald level some are greater some are less depending on versions...but its a rough estimate stolen for the tier thread

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:22 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

<--- still waiting for a 'Herald Madness' gig: a showcase for the Power of the Surfer, the way B&T showcased the Power of Thor.

On the other hand, a Surfer out for the kill doesn't necessarily mean a CISless Surfer.

*sigh*

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:38 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Thanks Sin!

I see the Surfer killing many of those with no probs at all. Especially if CIS PIS is turned off.

Many of them escape the typical Speed, Kinetic, Durabilty bricks I mentioned earlier. Some are magical, telepathic and matter manipulating freaks. Those he may have trouble with.

I agree some of those guys must've had some great old feats to get them into that tier. Though I reckon if Surfer was to go completely nuts and started killing random herald level characters some of these guys should be able to overwhelm him.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 05:42 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Mindship
<--- still waiting for a 'Herald Madness' gig: a showcase for the Power of the Surfer, the way B&T showcased the Power of Thor.

On the other hand, a Surfer out for the kill doesn't necessarily mean a CISless Surfer.

*sigh*

a surfer out for the kill is > a cis-less surfer imo...as he has no qualms about putting an opponent down, ruthless killer. a cis-less surfer will just use all his abilities at his disposal

Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanks Sin!

I see the Surfer killing many of those with no probs at all. Especially if CIS PIS is turned off.

Many of them escape the typical Speed, Kinetic, Durabilty bricks I mentioned earlier. Some are magical, telepathic and matter manipulating freaks. Those he may have trouble with.

I agree some of those guys must've had some great old feats to get them into that tier. Though I reckon if Surfer was to go completely nuts and started killing random herald level characters some of these guys should be able to overwhelm him.

unless the characters he face are equaly ruthless with cis on...for example majestic/ black adam baron zemo, moonstone....the wont take him in a random encounter where he's bloodlusted

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 06:01 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, I think that some of the big name heralds would endure the initial attack from Norrin, forcing them to realize that he's out for blood and making them respond accordingly.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 06:09 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

like?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 06:15 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I can see Classic Juggernaut no selling everything that Norrin put out.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

like?

I think Thor and Superman and an Elite Lantern (for a few examples) would be able to endure the alpha strike, and be able to muster up enough of a defense against Norrin to ensure he doesn't outright stomp them.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:32 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

some of the top level herald may put up a fight..but they all lose in the end..

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:37 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think Thor and Superman and an Elite Lantern (for a few examples) would be able to endure the alpha strike, and be able to muster up enough of a defense against Norrin to ensure he doesn't outright stomp them.

i really dont see any lantern standing up to norrin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:37 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

i really dont see any lantern standing up to norrin

I do.

Hal, Kyle, and Sinestro can. And Alan, of course.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 02:38 AM