KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » HOTM Hulk vs The Sentry(Rematch)

HOTM Hulk vs The Sentry(Rematch)
Started by: TheHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulk
Retired Debater

HOTM Hulk vs The Sentry(Rematch)

Both Go All Out(I Certainly Don't Mean All Crazy),No BFR,And This Fight Takes Place In The Normal KMC Battlegrounds.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 06:26 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

I'm Seriously Waiting For Enzeru To Swoop Down Or Carver To Bring A Can Of Gamma...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 06:52 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulk
I'm Seriously Waiting For Enzeru To Swoop Down Or Carver To Bring A Can Of Gamma...
at least you're aware this is bait

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:03 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by psycho gundam
at least you're aware this is bait
Lol no I'm just saying they will obviously come here but I really want To debate This

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:08 PM
Enzeru

What advantages does the Sentry have over the Hulk?

+ Sentry is much faster than the Hulk ...
+ Sentry can fly ...
+ Sentry can use range-attacks ...
+ Sentry can overpower the Hulk telepathically / empathically ...
+ Sentry takes attacks on a planetary busting scale ...
+ Sentry regenerates at a ridiculous speed ...
+ Sentry can teleport ...
+ Sentry has powerful raw molecule manipulation ...

It's basically one of these fights where Hulk can compete, because it's written in a comic book, where the characters never use he full extent of their power set and Sentry is going to win this fight, because he has a much better power set.

There are characters in the world of comics who can't be defeated by strenght alone and I feel like Sentry is one of these characters, if he is written propperly and uses his versatility and raw power to it's full extent and something like that he does in a forum battle.

While Heart Of The Monster was a very powerful Hulk, he is still limited to the abilities he has and he would still be trashed by someone who can move faster than the Hulk can think.
But even then ... that Hulk facing a serious Sentry would be too much for him, in my opinion. Sentry already stalemated WW Hulk, while the Golden Man was in a weak state and therefore weaker.
From that point on he can only become much, much stronger. I would also like to mention that Sentry brawled it out with the Hulk, while Thor had some serious problems with weaker versions of the Hulk, even though Hulk was wielding Mjolnir while he was brawling it out and I'm pretty sure that Mjolnir adds a lot of impact force to Thor's attacks, yet his record was worse than the stuff Sentry pulled off.

It's not biasm right now, but Sentry was simply meant to be on a higher level, even though that's obviously hard to believe for everyone who knows the character mainly because of the mainstream Avengers comics, where he was a part of and got depowered on a regular basis for the sake of the story.
I understand the hate for the Sentry. I don't agree, but I understand and accept it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:12 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Enzeru
What advantages does the Sentry have over the Hulk?

+ Sentry is much faster than the Hulk ...
+ Sentry can fly ...
+ Sentry can use range-attacks ...
+ Sentry can overpower the Hulk telepathically / empathically ...
+ Sentry takes attacks on a planetary busting scale ...
+ Sentry regenerates at a ridiculous speed ...
+ Sentry can teleport ...
+ Sentry has powerful raw molecule manipulation ...

It's basically one of these fights where Hulk can compete, because it's written in a comic book, where the characters never use he full extent of their power set and Sentry is going to win this fight, because he has a much better power set.

There are characters in the world of comics who can't be defeated by strenght alone and I feel like Sentry is one of these characters, if he is written propperly and uses his versatility and raw power to it's full extent and something like that he does in a forum battle.

While Heart Of The Monster was a very powerful Hulk, he is still limited to the abilities he has and he would still be trashed by someone who can move faster than the Hulk can think.
But even then ... that Hulk facing a serious Sentry would be too much for him, in my opinion. Sentry already stalemated WW Hulk, while the Golden Man was in a weak state and therefore weaker.
From that point on he can only become much, much stronger. I would also like to mention that Sentry brawled it out with the Hulk, while Thor had some serious problems with weaker versions of the Hulk, even though Hulk was wielding Mjolnir while he was brawling it out and I'm pretty sure that Mjolnir adds a lot of impact force to Thor's attacks, yet his record was worse than the stuff Sentry pulled off.

It's not biasm right now, but Sentry was simply meant to be on a higher level, even though that's obviously hard to believe for everyone who knows the character mainly because of the mainstream Avengers comics, where he was a part of and got depowered on a regular basis for the sake of the story.
I understand the hate for the Sentry. I don't agree, but I understand and accept it.

I really didn't want to get into this with you, because this is obviously going to be a debate that since one character has the versatility over the other that character should win. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been true.

1. Sentry's speed did nothing to stop the Hulk from tagging him on the chin. So we either have to conclude that the Hulk is just as fast, or he can react to the Sentry's speed as shown on panel.

2. Refer to point number 1 to see why this did not matter during their battle.

3. The hulk can also use ranged attacks.

4. the Sentry was unable to do this to WW Hulk and certainly won't be doing this to HOTM Hulk, the only Hulk that he was able to do this to was Savage Hulk.

5. it was less than a planetary assault that left the Sentry broken and beaten during WW Hulk.

6. The Hulk also regenerates at a ridiculous speed.

7. The hulk has been able to hit opponents that others were unable to detect.

8. The Hulk has the raw ability to increase his might beyond what was seen during WW Hulk, and admitted to holding back during the entire story.

Versatility does not mean an instant win in every case, because if it did the Hulk should have never given the entire Avengers the trouble that he has, and done so consistently. The fact that Marvel wrote the battle the way that they did was for a reason. They thought that the Hulk would win, and if it happened again the conclusion would have been the same.

The Sentry of WW Hulk was in his right mind set, as we saw that he was prepped, everything was great, and he went in with all of the confidence, resolve, and justification that his fragile psyche needed in order to stop the Hulk. However he was not able to do anything other than get beaten down. No excuses, he lost. HOTM would murder him.

Stow the excuses.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:38 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by Stoic
I really didn't want to get into this with you, because this is obviously going to be a debate that since one character has the versatility over the other that character should win. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been true.

Before I even start deconstructing your opinion, you should already realize that comic book fights are not written the way they should be.
If they would be written propperly with the usage of the respective abilities of the characters, comic book fights would be entirely different.

We do not discuss who would win in the comics: Hulk or Sentry. We discuss who would win of these two characters and we take a look at the power set, the power level and the feats these characters have acomplished, when they were at their best and at his best Hulk was still not a super speedster, nor could he fly, nor was he versatile overall and so on ...

1. Sentry's speed did nothing to stop the Hulk from tagging him on the chin. So we either have to conclude that the Hulk is just as fast, or he can react to the Sentry's speed as shown on panel.

It happened in a comic book fight. In a comic book fight Cyclops survived being beaten up by Iron Patriot. It happens for the sake of the plot.
For the sake of the plot the writer had to depower the Sentry and give him a lower power level, where he couldn't even control his remaining powers.
Sentry knew that he was going to lose the control and therefore he took all of Hulk's punches. He didn't even bother to dodge. When Hulk was hitting him, he stood there and talked about something. When he had enough he started punching the crap out of the Hulk.

2. Refer to point number 1 to see why this did not matter during their battle.

Again, it happened in a comic book fight. If you can fly and throw stone bricks from above onto your opponent, who can't fly, wouldn't you do that?
If you're fast enough to dodge if he throws bricks at you, wouldn't you do that?

What happened in the comic is not what happens in a forum battle. Logically Sentry would be able to BFR the Hulk into the space and leave him there for days. Sentry has the speed to do so, if he is really up to it and judging by his durability while even being in an unstable state, he is more then durable enough to take few punches from Hulk while flying up. (For the case if you come up with the Gladiator BFR).

3. The hulk can also use ranged attacks.

On Sentry's level? Doubt it.

4. the Sentry was unable to do this to WW Hulk and certainly won't be doing this to HOTM Hulk, the only Hulk that he was able to do this to was Savage Hulk.

Since we're throwing around with various versions. You do realize that Sentry was depowered during the WW Hulk fight, right?
In forum battles we don't use depowered versions of the characters, we use them while they're at their peak and even HOTM Hulk is not going to defeat someone who goes toe on toe with Photon, overpowers Thor casually (but Thor was in a weak state during that), easily trashes Absorbing Man, K.O.'s Blue Marvel and so on.

5. it was less than a planetary assault that left the Sentry broken and beaten during WW Hulk.

WW Hulk was one of his lowest showings and even there he had the upper hand in the fight. Makes you think, huh?

6. The Hulk also regenerates at a ridiculous speed.

Never denied that, but the funny thing is that the Sentry additionally has superhuman durability and invulnerability and if someone gets past that, there is still the regeneration and in the worst case scenario the immortality.

Sentry is overpowered.

7. The hulk has been able to hit opponents that others were unable to detect.

Judging by his power set Sentry can turn invisible and intangible. Additionally to that Sentry is a lot faster than the Hulk and not really much weaker.

8. The Hulk has the raw ability to increase his might beyond what was seen during WW Hulk, and admitted to holding back during the entire story.

During WW Hulk arc he had a lot of help of a good amount of PIS. Ghost Rider, Darwin, Zom Strange, Sentry ...
And as I already said it. There are opponents who can't be defeated by strenght alone.

Versatility does not mean an instant win in every case, because if it did the Hulk should have never given the entire Avengers the trouble that he has, and done so consistently. The fact that Marvel wrote the battle the way that they did was for a reason. They thought that the Hulk would win, and if it happened again the conclusion would have been the same.

You're right, versatility doesn't mean an instant win, but it gives a character a great advantage. The advantage to do much devastating damage, before the other opponent can start bringing in his play.
Hulk was pwning the Avengers because they don't have many uber-characters, since after all it's not DC we're talking about.

The Sentry of WW Hulk was in his right mind set, as we saw that he was prepped, everything was great

Aw hell, you're so clueless, it's not even funny anymore. Too bad I started responding to the post, before reading that utter piece of bullshit. Go out and read some comics, before you try to debate with someone.

Stow the excuses.

?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:00 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

HOTM Hulk wins this easily.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:02 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

sentry wins.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:03 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Depends on who the writer wants to wank more.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:04 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by -Pr-
Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the Silver Surfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people like the Surfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't, though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages. If that average man or woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though, the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

WWH already beat Sentry

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:11 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by bbrem123
sentry wins.
HOTM Hulk wins. This comes down to character not powerset. The rules have been placed up which supports my viewpoints not the powerset arguers. Unless the op says so we debate based off the characters and their behavior.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Jan 4th, 2012 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We don't argue powersets. Period.

That's what tournaments are for.

Edit: Unless you're a Surfer fan.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 4th, 2012 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I agree with everything Quanchi writes in this thread

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:22 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by quanchi112
HOTM Hulk wins. This comes down to character not powerset.

-Pr- posted it and you still fail to actually understand the concent.
Sentry knows the Hulk. He knows what the Hulk is capable off and he knows how he can defeat the Hulk.
Sentry has less morals than Superman / Silver Surfer. The only thing limiting him were the writers after Paul Jenkins. Sentry has the needed power set and the needed morals to finish the Hulk off, even though they're friends. If he thinks that Hulk is threatening civilians, then he will make it be serious about it.

Most of the people in this thread who voted for Hulk, said that because they looked at the Sentry VS Hulk fight during the World War Hulk arc and that arc was ... rather unique when it came to fight solutions.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

-Pr- posted it and you still fail to actually understand the concent.
Sentry knows the Hulk. He knows what the Hulk is capable off and he knows how he can defeat the Hulk.
Sentry has less morals than Superman / Silver Surfer. The only thing limiting him were the writers after Paul Jenkins. Sentry has the needed power set and the needed morals to finish the Hulk off, even though they're friends. If he thinks that Hulk is threatening civilians, then he will make it be serious about it.

Most of the people in this thread who voted for Hulk, said that because they looked at the Sentry VS Hulk fight during the World War Hulk arc and that arc was ... rather unique when it came to fight solutions.
They already fought and the Sentry let loose upon a vastly weaker Hulk. It wasn't enough. He engaged him like I see him getting hit and exchanging blows. He flew right into his fists. You want to pretend he fights differently and ignore how they matched up. If the Sentry can't beat a less powerful Hulk he isn't beating this Hulk.

Sentry gets tagged a lot when he takes people on. The only time I give him the edge is if the Void is calling the shots. If it's the Sentry even when he cuts loose it wasn't enough.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Are we all forgetting that Sentry WANTED to get hit?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:30 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Before I even start deconstructing your opinion, you should already realize that comic book fights are not written the way they should be.
If they would be written propperly with the usage of the respective abilities of the characters, comic book fights would be entirely different.

We do not discuss who would win in the comics: Hulk or Sentry. We discuss who would win of these two characters and we take a look at the power set, the power level and the feats these characters have acomplished, when they were at their best and at his best Hulk was still not a super speedster, nor could he fly, nor was he versatile overall and so on ...

It happened in a comic book fight. In a comic book fight Cyclops survived being beaten up by Iron Patriot. It happens for the sake of the plot.
For the sake of the plot the writer had to depower the Sentry and give him a lower power level, where he couldn't even control his remaining powers.
Sentry knew that he was going to lose the control and therefore he took all of Hulk's punches. He didn't even bother to dodge. When Hulk was hitting him, he stood there and talked about something. When he had enough he started punching the crap out of the Hulk.

Again, it happened in a comic book fight. If you can fly and throw stone bricks from above onto your opponent, who can't fly, wouldn't you do that?
If you're fast enough to dodge if he throws bricks at you, wouldn't you do that?

What happened in the comic is not what happens in a forum battle. Logically Sentry would be able to BFR the Hulk into the space and leave him there for days. Sentry has the speed to do so, if he is really up to it and judging by his durability while even being in an unstable state, he is more then durable enough to take few punches from Hulk while flying up. (For the case if you come up with the Gladiator BFR).

On Sentry's level? Doubt it.

Since we're throwing around with various versions. You do realize that Sentry was depowered during the WW Hulk fight, right?
In forum battles we don't use depowered versions of the characters, we use them while they're at their peak and even HOTM Hulk is not going to defeat someone who goes toe on toe with Photon, overpowers Thor casually (but Thor was in a weak state during that), easily trashes Absorbing Man, K.O.'s Blue Marvel and so on.

WW Hulk was one of his lowest showings and even there he had the upper hand in the fight. Makes you think, huh?

Never denied that, but the funny thing is that the Sentry additionally has superhuman durability and invulnerability and if someone gets past that, there is still the regeneration and in the worst case scenario the immortality.

Sentry is overpowered.

Judging by his power set Sentry can turn invisible and intangible. Additionally to that Sentry is a lot faster than the Hulk and not really much weaker.

During WW Hulk arc he had a lot of help of a good amount of PIS. Ghost Rider, Darwin, Zom Strange, Sentry ...
And as I already said it. There are opponents who can't be defeated by strenght alone.

You're right, versatility doesn't mean an instant win, but it gives a character a great advantage. The advantage to do much devastating damage, before the other opponent can start bringing in his play.
Hulk was pwning the Avengers because they don't have many uber-characters, since after all it's not DC we're talking about.

Aw hell, you're so clueless, it's not even funny anymore. Too bad I started responding to the post, before reading that utter piece of bullshit. Go out and read some comics, before you try to debate with someone.

?

1. So let me get this straight. We don't refer to what happened in a comic, until you say that it is okay to do so? That's not the way the game goes sorry. Iron Patriot (Osborne) did not want to kill Scott, or he would have as he sat there helpless. Context is something that you can't choose to turn on and off at your leisure.

2. So are you saying that every time that Sentry has been hit that it was because of the writers error? This is BS. Perhaps you want to add the Sentry trying to contain a CCU? The Beyonder wha was greater than a CCU tested the Hulk and told him that he was an infinite power. The Sentry on the other hand was incapable of holding onto that CCU, and admitted to not being able to continue for much longer. Was this an error of the writer as well?

3. The Sentry was stable at the beginning of the fight, so stop using excuses. Before the fight Tony gave him the pep talk of the century. This was the writer showing us that fans like you could not go back and say, that Bob was unstable. Bob tried to stop the Hulk and he was unable to. He unleashed holy hell on the Hulk and it was not enough. Again it is the comics from which we have the ability to gauge a specific characters abilities, not opinion. Versatility does not mean win. I placed emphasis on why this fact is not 100% credible. The hulk is not a one trick pony, and you can begin to stop placing him within that category, as he has shown time and time again to be contrary to this belief.

4. Yes the hulk regenerated from a stomach and bones in less than 5 minutes.

5. The Hulk was holding back during WW Hulk, and he still beat Bob. If this fight happened in the Dark Dimension and the Hulk wasn't holding back, Bob would have been beaten as we saw he was unable to take the Hulk on a lower power scale.

6. You continue to use excuses to justify the beating that took place on panel, and it's pretty sad. You seem to be the type that can't believe the evidence right before your eyes even if its biting you on your dumb ass. The Sentry was never this unbeatable beast that you try to shove down peoples throats. When he has low showings as you call it, it's because he wasn't thinking straight. You're telling me to go and read a comic. Well I read WW Hulk, and the Hulk beat the Sentry. you getting angry over it, and turning this into a childish flame war does not change what the writers wanted everyone to know. Survival of the fittest tells the true story. The Sentry is dead, and the Hulk is still alive. So much for him being this unbeatable super beast that you think that he was.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:33 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by -Pr-
Are we all forgetting that Sentry WANTED to get hit?

Could you be so kind and explain why?

I tried it often, but people tend to ignore my opinion, because I usually write too much. Typing with all of the 10 fingers and therefore having an insane speed can be a curse.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:34 PM