KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gorgon (as Dark Wolverine) vs. Iron Fist

Gorgon (as Dark Wolverine) vs. Iron Fist
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gorgon (as Dark Wolverine) vs. Iron Fist

Gonna happen soon. So, who do you think will come out victorious?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 08:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

The costume makes no difference. Dunno what's gonna happen in the book but Gorgon should win.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 08:56 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Ironfist looks like the new king of street level heroes, he'll probably come out on top.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:25 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
The costume makes no difference. Dunno what's gonna happen in the book but Gorgon should win.

But weapons do. Grasscutter > fake claws.

SPOILERS!

(please log in to view the image)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4697/1329507498.jpg

Knowing Bendis, someone is gonna interfere...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

When this new Dark Avengers team was announced I put my money on Bendis jobbing out Gorgon to Daredevil. I'm glade it's not Daredevil who will beat him, being jobbed out to Iron Fist instead is slightly more respectable... but still an embarrassment. Gorgon should win this fight in two - three panels with ease.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:37 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Gorgon should be lucky it's not Spider-man.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:45 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wouldn't be surprised if Parker jumped out of nowhere (again) and saved Rand.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:48 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't be surprised if Parker jumped out of nowhere (again) and saved Rand.
Honestly I was thinking something similar.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:49 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Something like this you mean?

Anyway, the preview is completely in line with most people's predictions:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...goto=nextoldest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

... or not.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:05 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

and this why ppl stop reading comics

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:14 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

lol may I ask what Gorgon has done except whipng the floor with Elektra and Wolverine?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:16 PM
SamZED

Oh God.. Only one page. Gorgon is not even losing. But I already wanna throw up... No disrespect for Danny, but it shouldve been over by 4th pannel...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:19 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:21 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by SamZED
Oh God.. Only one page. Gorgon is not even losing. But I already wanna throw up... No disrespect for Danny, but it shouldve been over by 4th pannel...

Just from what was actually drawn the fight should ended instantly. Gorgon is strong enough to ko Danny with an up kick like that... probably should have killed him. In the third panel he could have unsheathed his claws directly into Danny's face. In the last two panels he could cut that arm of... with the arm he is using to block. If he dropped that arm from the position its in, he takes of Danny's arm, we the set up for the over hand claw slash? Why is doing that? And this just look at the BS art that was actually drawn. In reality Iron Fist wouldn't be able to land a finger on Tomi, and he'd get one shoted.

But like I said, I'm just counting my blessing that it isn't Daredevil who will kick his ass.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:24 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Just from what was actually drawn the fight should ended instantly. Gorgon is strong enough to ko Danny with an up kick like that... probably should have killed him. In the third panel he could have unsheathed his claws directly into Danny's face. In the last two panels he could cut that arm of... with the arm he is using to block. If he dropped that arm from the position its in, he takes of Danny's arm, we the set up for the over hand claw slash? Why is doing that? And this just look at the BS art that was actually drawn. In reality Iron Fist wouldn't be able to land a finger on Tomi, and he'd get one shoted.
I uncovered the dark secret behind this insane scene. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bendis

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Gorgon should be lucky it's not Spider-man.
cool
But if seriously, Bendis is so consistent with the characters I think we're lucky its NOT Spider-man. I have my doubts Bendis is aware of the training Pete recieved or that his spider sense got upgraded. He just randomly has characters beat one another.

EDIT: Gotta give him props for making Norman into such a big baddy though.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:28 PM
YFZ 350

Gorgon I guess.

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:41 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Something like this you mean?

Anyway, the preview is completely in line with most people's predictions:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

... or not.

Lol.

Why people are pissed that Danny is going toe-to-toe with Gorgon is beyond me.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 11:51 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Because his a Wolverine villain.

Remember when Phobos went toe to toe with Gorgon? Apparently he got a massive upgrade off panel because that's the only way it made sense or whatever. Forgot who was arguing this, but it was pretty hilarious.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 11:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Toe to toe makes it sound like it was an even fight, it wasn't, Gorgon wrecked him. They locked swords once. Phobos tagged Gorgon. Their swords broke. Then Gorgon killed Phobos.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 12:07 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

You see what I mean?

I see these scans (And IIRC their earlier encounter) and think of a close fight:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Skrank sees this and he thinks of how he can spin this to best benefit Wolverine, i.e. a one sided stomp in Gorgon's favor. I'm fine with it, everyone does it to some extent when they have a stake, but at least be reasonable about this shit.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 12:13 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote