KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos/Lord Mar-vell/Surfer/WBH vs Planet Apocalypse

Thanos/Lord Mar-vell/Surfer/WBH vs Planet Apocalypse
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Thanos/Lord Mar-vell/Surfer/WBH vs Planet Apocalypse

Thanos
WBH
Surfer
Lord Mar-vell

Lands on Darkseid planet and is instructed to kill everyone on the planet with no remorse. They can't blow up the planet though.

Can they accomplish this?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 05:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

If Darkseid is there he bfr them without trouble, if he isn't there the Planet ist lost.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 05:59 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos solos.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 06:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Thanos/Lord Mar-vell/Surfer/WBH vs Planet Apocalypse

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos
WBH
Surfer
Lord Mar-vell

Lands on Darkseid planet and .......
stopped reading

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 06:58 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

even if BFR is on I think Surfer and maybe even thanos could get them back easily. Also A surfer with zero remorse and out to kill yeah well good luck with that shit..

Apocalypse has no chance.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 02:37 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

IMO, the planet is ****ed.

Even if Darkseid is on the planet, and even if he's the equal of Thanos (which I do not agree with, I think Thanos is more powerful) that leaves Lord Mar-Vell, Hulk, and Surfer. And on his own, Mar-Vell would lay waste on a lot of shit out there.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 08:12 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Marvell blew up a galaxy didn't he? The Annihilators narrowly escaped via telekinetic bubble.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 08:55 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm assuming that we are using a well-written Darkseid/Apokolips here--and if that is the case, WBH is BFR'd immediately to the Source Wall, and Surfer is owned with a burst of the OB.

With that out of the way, even IF Marv can handle the OB (big "if"), that leaves only he and Thanos to contend with Darkseid+the cumulative forces of Apokolips (inc. Shadow Demons, the Gravity Guard, etc.)+Apokoliptian tech+the planet itself (which Darkseid can animate at will.) Personally, I don't see things going well for the duo, but that's just MO.

smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 8th, 2012 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 09:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm assuming that we are using a well-written Darkseid/Apokolips here--and if that is the case, WBH is BFR'd immediately to the Source Wall, and Surfer is owned with a burst of the OB.

With that out of the way, even IF Marv can handle the OB (big "if"), that leaves only he and Thanos to contend with Darkseid+the cumulative forces of Apokolips (inc. Shadow Demons, the Gravity Guard, etc.)+Apokoliptian tech+the planet itself (which Darkseid can animate at will.) Personally, I don't see things going well for the duo, but that's just MO.

smile
Picks up hunter and prey and laughs. One unintelligent brick brought all of apokolips including Darkseid to their knees.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 09:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^
I'm assuming that we are using a well-written Darkseid/Apokolips here
Darkseid, as he was seen in H/P, was certainly not well-written--as he could have simply BFR'd DD and been done with it. Additionally, Apokolips did not utilize all the tech/personnel at it's disposal. For instance, we didn't see DD combat any Shadow Demons, or the Gravity Guard (of whom were capable of tooling PC Superman), nor did Mantis and his horde enter the fray. Just saying.

However, if we are opting to use a poorly written Darkseid/Apokolips in this thread, he/they lose. Not arguing that. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 8th, 2012 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 09:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

DS in his glory days might have a solid chance (more than that in fact) but as he is in the past years NOPE.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 10:00 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^
Darkseid, as he was seen in H/P, was certainly not well-written--as he could have simply BFR'd DD and been done with it. Additionally, Apokolips did not utilize all the tech/personnel at it's disposal. For instance, we didn't see DD combat any Shadow Demons, or the Gravity Guard (of whom were capable of tooling PC Superman), nor did Mantis and his horde enter the fray. Just saying.

However, if we are opting to use a poorly written Darkseid/Apokolips in this thread, he/they lose. Not arguing that. smile
Well written is another way to excuse showings simply due to bias.

The writer made the point clear DD>>Apokolips. The writer doesn't have to unearth every foot soldier ever previously seen in a comic book to ram it home. DD was greater than everyone on the planet.

Much less on panel in my example than these combined forces which includes Thanos.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 02:20 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
Well written is another way to excuse showings simply due to bias.
Stop trolling.

"Well written" is merely another way of saying "not written like an idiot." If it's the former, Darkseid/Apokolips almost certainly win, due to examples I've already given.

The writer doesn't have to unearth every foot soldier ever previously seen in a comic book to ram it home. DD was greater than everyone on the planet.
This means nothing, stop trolling. Next time you ignore what I've written and opt to try and preform a red herring instead, I'll report you. smile

Anyway, in THIS thread, the combatants WOULD be facing every force Apokolips has to offer. H/P Doomsday DIDN'T. ie. the forces DD faced during the Hunter/Prey arc, and the forces the team would face in this thread are VASTLY different.

Where Apokoliptian forces are concerned, Doomsday went up against:
A poorly written Darkseid (a well-written Darkseid could have BFR'd DD with a gesture), and some random foot-soldiers.

If Darkseid is allowed access to all of the tech/weapons at his disposal in this thread, the team would be up against:
Darkseid (well-written)
Tech such as the Ancestor Box, Father Box, atomization guns, War Machines, Master Blasters, etc.
A near-limitless supply of Parademons
A near-limitless supply of Shadow Demons
The Gravity Guard (PC Superman-level beings.)
Mantis and his crew
etc., etc.

And like I mentioned above, Darkseid can animate Apokolips itself to his every desire--manifesting giant constructs out of the planet itself. He can also create Herald-level+ beings on a whim, if need be (ie. Stayne.)

In THAT scenario, the team has no chance, imo.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 03:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Stop trolling.

"Well written" is merely another way of saying "not written like an idiot." If it's the former, Darkseid/Apokolips almost certainly win, due to examples I've already given.
Well written works both ways and it just an excuse to ignore something. I get it you really like the new gods and hate how Darkseid was portrayed in hp that doesn't make it any less canon though.

quote:

This means nothing, stop trolling. Next time you ignore what I've written and opt to try and preform a red herring instead, I'll report you. smile[/B]
Come at me like a man and quit the the reporting threats these are fictional matchups I would hope at some point you'd outgrow these childish tactics.
quote:

Anyway, in THIS thread, the combatants WOULD be facing every force Apokolips has to offer. H/P Doomsday DIDN'T. ie. the forces DD faced during the Hunter/Prey arc, and the forces the team would face in this thread are VASTLY different.[/B]
Hulk already faced an entire dimension of mindless ones on his own and was completely fine. I have no doubt in my mind this team led by Thanos wouldn't be able to steamroll through their best. Thanos went through the best the ucot had to offer while naked and with his mind feral. These are two examples of two members of the team easily soloing formidable forces without even breaking a sweat.
quote:

Where Apokoliptian forces are concerned, Doomsday went up against:
A poorly written Darkseid (a well-written Darkseid could have BFR'd DD with a gesture), and some random foot-soldiers.[/B]
Every story isn't a battleboard and yes Darkseid could have bfr'd him but he didn't. DD was well beyond DD and their combined forces. The writer was clear on that.
quote:

If Darkseid is allowed access to all of the tech/weapons at his disposal in this thread, the team would be up against:
Darkseid (well-written)
Tech such as the Ancestor Box, Father Box, atomization guns, War Machines, Master Blasters, etc.
A near-limitless supply of Parademons
A near-limitless supply of Shadow Demons
The Gravity Guard (PC Superman-level beings.)
Mantis and his crew
etc., etc.[/B]
Mere fodder. The intellect on team Thanos greatly outweighs darkseid's intellect. He's ooutmatched.
quote:

And like I mentioned above, Darkseid can animate Apokolips itself to his every desire--manifesting giant constructs out of the planet itself. He can also create Herald-level+ beings on a whim, if need be (ie. Stayne.)

In THAT scenario, the team has no chance, imo. [/B]
The team is more than powerful enough to cause the collateral damage needed to rip through apokolips. Darkseid isn't that formidable in combat and Thanos has teleportational abilities. This won't end well for Darkseid butu then again he's no stranger to having his front door smashed in and being dragged out the front door.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 04:45 AM
guy222
With my gal

planet poccy stands no chance

took death to stop lord mar-vell

death>lactus engine

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 04:48 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well written works both ways and it just an excuse to ignore something. I get it you really like the new gods and hate how Darkseid was portrayed in hp that doesn't make it any less canon though.

Come at me like a man and quit the the reporting threats these are fictional matchups I would hope at some point you'd outgrow these childish tactics.
More needless trolling. Reported.

Hulk already faced an entire dimension of mindless ones on his own and was completely fine. I have no doubt in my mind this team led by Thanos wouldn't be able to steamroll through their best. Thanos went through the best the ucot had to offer while naked and with his mind feral. These are two examples of two members of the team easily soloing formidable forces without even breaking a sweat.
Every story isn't a battleboard and yes Darkseid could have bfr'd him but he didn't. DD was well beyond DD and their combined forces. The writer was clear on that.
Mere fodder. The intellect on team Thanos greatly outweighs darkseid's intellect. He's ooutmatched.
The team is more than powerful enough to cause the collateral damage needed to rip through apokolips. Darkseid isn't that formidable in combat and Thanos has teleportational abilities. This won't end well for Darkseid butu then again he's no stranger to having his front door smashed in and being dragged out the front door.
Most ignorant post I've read in quite a while. Not even worth an intelligent response.

A well-written Darkseid/Apokolips win 10/10, for reasons I've already mentioned. thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 03:13 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
If Darkseid is there he bfr them without trouble, if he isn't there the Planet ist lost.

smile
How? Omega beams/effect?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 03:21 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Parmaniac
How? Omega beams/effect?
Either that, or Boom Tube manifestation.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 03:26 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^You were faster... BTW care to answer my Question in the Comic Book Thread stick out tongue?
Originally posted by Parmaniac
How? Omega beams/effect?

Exactly the OE not the OB (OB klingt irgendwie falsch auf Deutsch) . He has also Boom Tubes^^.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 03:48 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Quan, cut it out. Seriously.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote