KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shuma-Gorath vs. Marquis of Death

Shuma-Gorath vs. Marquis of Death
Started by: M-Body

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
M-Body

Shuma-Gorath vs. Marquis of Death

Who wins here?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 03:33 PM
M-Body is currently offline Click here to Send M-Body a Private Message Find more posts by M-Body Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

SG

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 03:36 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

MoD

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 04:05 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Marquis of Death

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 04:21 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Shuma-Gorath

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 05:14 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Shuma of freakin Gorath.

When the Cancerverse in their final moments had Thanos willfully in their control. In their summons they called upon Shuma-Gorath in their wordings to kill the present Marvel Universes Death. Unfortunately for the ManyAngled Ones Thanos fooled them into releaseing Lady Death into full force and it resulted in utter destruction for the invading forces.

Shuma has survived as a powerhouse for all these years for a reason.
Both creatures are similar. But Shuma has age and experience. The Marquis was defeated by Reed and Doom....eventually. Marquis destroyed many universes but so has Shuma.

This is a good fight. One of epic levels. But the Marquis seems too heavily swayed by emotions.

Last edited by the ninjak on Mar 25th, 2012 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 06:18 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Insanity, the MoD was summoning abstract beings to do his bidding. GTFOoH with Gorath winning.

MoD stomps.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 07:42 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Insanity, the MoD was summoning abstract beings to do his bidding. GTFOoH with Gorath winning.

MoD stomps.

Zop, do us all a favor and stop posting in topics with Shuma-Gorath.

And for someone who's in a constant feat-frenzy and dismisses everything that isn't directly shown in the artwork, considering everything else "mere hyperbole", you sure have a strange thing for Mikaboshi - a character that thrives on hyperbole.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 08:11 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

MoD wins.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 08:13 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by CortSether
Zop, do us all a favor and stop posting in topics with Shuma-Gorath.

And for someone who's in a constant feat-frenzy and dismisses everything that isn't directly shown in the artwork, considering everything else "mere hyperbole", you sure have a strange thing for Mikaboshi - a character that thrives on hyperbole.

Do me a favor and mind your own business?

Regarding this thread, MoD has PROVEN on panel feats and fights (in one of them, he and his other self were summoning Gods and Abstracts to do their bidding). Shuma Gorath hasn't beaten Strange yet.

Regarding Chaos King, he annihilated Pantheon after Pantheon killing off it's Skyfathers and Hell Lords and devouring their realms and had 98% of the multiverse at one point (confirmed on panel multiple times and further confirmed when the heroes wanted to escape to the Continuum which was outside the multiverse to save themselves from Chaos King). None of that is hyperbole. The only way they "beat" him was by giving him what he wanted.

You want me to list the times and ways Gorath has been humiliated?

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 08:17 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by the ninjak
Shuma of freakin Gorath.

When the Cancerverse in their final moments had Thanos willfully in their control. In their summons they called upon Shuma-Gorath in their wordings to kill the present Marvel Universes Death. Unfortunately for the ManyAngled Ones Thanos fooled them into releaseing Lady Death into full force and it resulted in utter destruction for the invading forces.

Shuma has survived as a powerhouse for all these years for a reason.
Both creatures are similar. But Shuma has age and experience. The Marquis was defeated by Reed and Doom....eventually. Marquis destroyed many universes but so has Shuma.

This is a good fight. One of epic levels. But the Marquis seems too heavily swayed by emotions.
Marquis fought a younger version of himself with overall knowledge of all of marvel from the universe where all of marvel was comics... He was summoning every hero/abstract level he had knowledge of which at the least included a full power galactus. So in all likelihood based on that Marquis had sh*t like eternity being thrown at him and possibly LT and TOAA if we assume that Clyde was in fact throwing the entirety of Marvel at him. At the least on panel we see Galactus Odin and Thanos on Panel being summoned into the fight. Additionally how the FF4 beat him was by absorbing all the power of everything in Marvel being thrown against the MoD's and what the MoD was using against his younger self for 23.4 seconds. Then he got killed by his apprentice Doom who spent thousands of years learning from him becoming a high scale reality warper himself. Hell he was good enough to trap a younger version of himself who is no slouch, in an illusion where Doom is convinced he lead a world wide resistance and eventually defeated the Marquis, married Susan Storm only to have it all torn away from him in an act of spite.

Marquis destroys mutliple universes for lulz. Shuma has difficulty with each one he takes on

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 12:44 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by id369
Marvel 1985 #1-6
Clyde not only manifested them but controls them as well. All Marvel Universe where submissive to Clyde, including the Mighty “Galactus“!

Clyde I know you can hear me, Man. I know, you’re controlling these guys with your mind. - Jerry

Enough, Everybody Go Home! - Clyde

All sent home with a singe thought, even GALACTUS bowed his head and did as he was TOLD. - Narrator

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/65/1985016.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3350/1985018.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3465/1985019.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1199/1985020.jpg

Originally posted by id369
Fantastic Four #569
Marquis of Death vs. Clyde and the Fantastic Four.
Ultimately the only way to defeat MoD, was to use his own self. Instead of killing Clyde he is awaked, and agrees to help fight his future self. The battle leaves MoD taxed, which Fantastic Four take advantage of and killed ultimately by Doom.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0072/ff_569_14
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0808/ff_569_15-16
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0092/ff_569_17-18
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0695/ff_569_19
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0209/ff_569_20-21
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0443/ff_569_28

Vs a guy that can't even handle Dr. Strange!

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 12:47 AM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Originally posted by Uriel005
So in all likelihood based on that Marquis had sh*t like eternity being thrown at him and possibly LT and TOAA if we assume that Clyde was in fact throwing the entirety of Marvel at him.
Marquis destroys mutliple universes for lulz. Shuma has difficulty with each one he takes on

Never is it even implied that LT, TOAA or Eternity tried to stop Marquis. Shuma has already conquered hundreds of universes "for lulz". He has never tried to destroy the prime reality also, just invade it. But Shuma has already demonstrated that it could destroy the earth from his realm in an instant if he so desired.

quote:
Originally posted by zopzop
Vs a guy that can't even handle Dr. Strange!

*Yawn* Same old crap. This has been explained to you by more than one user multiple times. Strange has always been made Shuma's b**** in each of their encounters, having to resort to plot device in all occasions to win either through banishment or merging with Shuma itself one time. Fact is, trying to make out like Strange can beat Shuma under normal circumstances is laughable.

Anyway, the most impressive thing MOD had going for him was having a normally fed Galactus submit to him - yet Shuma-Gorath stalemated the combined Vishanti on his own, and only one of them was needed to be a match for a standard Galactus.

Not to mention a guy who forcefully extracted all the magical energy in the universe (Sise-Neg), including magical energy from Merlyn, was hesitant to fight Shuma. And he helped empower the Cancerverse's Galactus Engine.

Shuma > Marquis.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 01:55 AM
Uriel005

Originally posted by CortSether
Never is it even implied that LT, TOAA or Eternity tried to stop Marquis. Shuma has already conquered hundreds of universes "for lulz". He has never tried to destroy the prime reality also, just invade it. But Shuma has already demonstrated that it could destroy the earth from his realm in an instant if he so desired.

*Yawn* Same old crap. This has been explained to you by more than one user multiple times. Strange has always been made Shuma's b**** in each of their encounters, having to resort to plot device in all occasions to win either through banishment or merging with Shuma itself one time. Fact is, trying to make out like Strange can beat Shuma under normal circumstances is laughable.

Anyway, the most impressive thing MOD had going for him was having a normally fed Galactus submit to him - yet Shuma-Gorath stalemated the combined Vishanti on his own, and only one of them was needed to be a match for a standard Galactus.

Not to mention a guy who forcefully extracted all the magical energy in the universe (Sise-Neg), including magical energy from Merlyn, was hesitant to fight Shuma. And he helped empower the Cancerverse's Galactus Engine.

Shuma > Marquis.
... Learn to read between the lines. If he can casually throw Galactus at someone and the rest of marvel heroes... you really think that its beyond him to call up someone like eternity.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 03:03 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Honestly, I've never been impressed by Shuma-Gorath outside of Marvel vs. Capcom.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 03:21 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

If the "summoning" is correct, MOD summoned Eternity to do battle for him.

Of course, this could have all been an illusion seeing as Clyde and Clyde did battle in the Baxter building, and it ended with MOD blowing up his face which would have no relevance to all the "summoning".
This goes for 1985 since I have my doubts about the canon of that as well...

Either way, MOD killed a Molecule Man along with a couple other baddies, and some siphoning of his battle was enough for Johnny to burn at planck temperature which sent all the alternate Fantastic Fours back home, Clyde somewhere, the army (if it was all real) back to their own dimensions, and it screwed up a weakened MOD.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 04:59 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
If the "summoning" is correct, MOD summoned Eternity to do battle for him.

Of course, this could have all been an illusion seeing as Clyde and Clyde did battle in the Baxter building, and it ended with MOD blowing up his face which would have no relevance to all the "summoning".
This goes for 1985 since I have my doubts about the canon of that as well...

Either way, MOD killed a Molecule Man along with a couple other baddies, and some siphoning of his battle was enough for Johnny to burn at planck temperature which sent all the alternate Fantastic Fours back home, Clyde somewhere, the army (if it was all real) back to their own dimensions, and it screwed up a weakened MOD.
In the MoD run FF4 was using the power of the fight to kill Marquis. The way Reed described it makes me think he's literally talking about containing the power of marvel continuity. Of course people are free to feel it was an event taking place using purely mental representations or from my perspective were actually waging cosmic scale wars. Personally I think the cosmic scale wars makes more sense because if it was purely a mental confrontation I don't see how Reed could absorb that much power to split between the ff4 and the Marquis has in the past casually brought about the end of universes after he finished his fun. So meh take it as you will I personally believe Clyde and the Marquis were throwing the entirety of Marvel continuity that they were aware of at eachother.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 07:49 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

In regards to MoD vs Clyde. They where locked in an innerdimensional battle as Reed clearly points out. So no it was not an illusion.

And the MoD was a legitimate powerhouse. Not only was he summoning abstracts to do battle with him. He was empowered by all of Space-Time (hence the need to cut him from it), and had destroyed countless realities before hand (Apparently millions).

So yeah MoD beats SG.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 08:05 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by "Id"
In regards to MoD vs Clyde. They where locked in an innerdimensional battle as Reed clearly points out. So no it was not an illusion.
I don't mean illusion in the "not really there" sense. I mean that they created these beings out of their imagination so it stood for something more, and just bombarded the shit out of each other, as opposed to literally summoning everyone.
I read that interdimensional part again right after I posted that, and forgot to edit, but that could also be just a place where two beings that powerful could fight.

I'm not ruling out him summoning these beings entirely, but rather questioning how solid it is. I've looked through it a couple times, and can see it both ways, but I lean slightly more towards the "iconic nature" of it. Or I just see that feat as being way too huge, and try to find someway to explain it...

Mind you, he still wins here, easily

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 08:37 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I don't mean illusion in the "not really there" sense. I mean that they created these beings out of their imagination so it stood for something more, and just bombarded the shit out of each other, as opposed to literally summoning everyone.
I read that interdimensional part again right after I posted that, and forgot to edit, but that could also be just a place where two beings that powerful could fight.

I'm not ruling out him summoning these beings entirely, but rather questioning how solid it is. I've looked through it a couple times, and can see it both ways, but I lean slightly more towards the "iconic nature" of it. Or I just see that feat as being way too huge, and try to find someway to explain it...

Mind you, he still wins here, easily
I take the Marquis as something at the very least beyond most abstracts. Considering he's destroyed "millions" of universes technically he's destroyed millions of eternities. And he seemingly does it as an afterthought after he's had his fun.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 10:05 PM