KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Checkmate

Checkmate
Started by: Brockalizer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

Checkmate

Elimination chess tournament, featuring: Adam Warlock vs Martian Manhunter, Thanos vs Dr. Doom, Bruce Wayne vs Reed Richards, Brainiac vs Darkseid
No TP, magic, tech, or superpowers of any kind. All eight have had all knowledge of the game from their minds and are given a month to learn the game from scratch. Players know who their opponent is but don't know the identities of the other participants.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 01:18 AM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'd say reed

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 01:58 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Adam Warlock vs MM: Adam Warlock

Thanos vs Doom: Thanos

Bruce Wayne vs Reed Richards: Ok, listen: Reed Richards is way, way, waaaaay more intelligent than Bruce Wayne. They aren't evolving in the same league, at all. However, even if Reed is a great tactician himself, being the leader of his team, IMO, The Goddamn Batman is a far more better strategist. So, I'll give it to the Goddamn Batman.

Brainiac vs Darkseid: Darkseid

As for the rest, Thanos stomp and win this chess tournament.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 05:51 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Reed

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 06:58 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

People put too much value on vague statements like "strategic mind." If we learned nothing else from Deep Blue, it's that there's a point at which sheer processing power or chess "intelligence" trumps a more creative, "strategic" mind. There's only so many logical moves in each scenario.

In a comic fight, with more variables and unknowns, someone like Batman has an advantage. At a much more objective endeavor like chess, he does not. Reed blasts him hard at this.

I got Brainiac, personally. Reed and Thanos have a decent shot.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 02:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Brainiac.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 02:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

They're all smart enough to counter every possible move. I sense an endless stalemate in every scenario

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 02:53 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Adam Warlock vs MM: Adam Warlock

Thanos vs Doom: Thanos

Bruce Wayne vs Reed Richards: Ok, listen: Reed Richards is way, way, waaaaay more intelligent than Bruce Wayne. They aren't evolving in the same league, at all. However, even if Reed is a great tactician himself, being the leader of his team, IMO, The Goddamn Batman is a far more better strategist. So, I'll give it to the Goddamn Batman.

Brainiac vs Darkseid: Darkseid

As for the rest, Thanos stomp and win this chess tournament.
Love the Batman analysis I was thinking the same thing, but I'm going with Warlock vs Brainiac in the final with Warlock winning the tourney.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 03:32 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

What about Tony Stark?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 07:39 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote