KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC News & Suggestions

KMC News & Suggestions
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

KMC News & Suggestions

Raz is back. We (mods) are going to post suggestions in the mod section. The mods have their own list of changes and suggestions regarding the forums. Most to do with merging/deleting forums which aren't used much, making moderating easier, new forums, etc.

I'd like suggestions from people for improvements to KMC.

Please don't use the thread to bash fellow posters, complain about mods, or spam with nonsense.

We may also be appointing new mods. I've submitted a list of posters already. Please don't ask who was on that list, or if you can be a mod.

Also, now would be a good time not to get reported or cause problems. There was some trouble in another popular forum with socking, spamming and bashing. This forum has been really good the past few months, with the exception of a few posters. So I'm not too concerned. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:06 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

IMO, the comic books forum should be separated from the comic book movies forum. I think that might increase visibility and make it a little more active.

There's generally some pretty good news/discussions to be found there, but I don't think many people look frequently.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:14 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Make an Anime forum where anime fts are separate from Manga and also make a "anything goes forum" where we can match up opponents from any universe, comic, movie, cartoon, etc, against each other without any fall backs. Also, make a thread for Wolverine, Hulk, and Captain America since they have been getting a lot of love for the past 8 yrs. You should also make a "don't get in Carvers way" forum so that if Pr challenged me, I can guide him to this thread and feel the power of banning him (only from threads made in that forum.).

That's it for my list.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Remove the Heroes and Smallville sub forums in the tv section and add Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:29 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine sub-forum in the X-Men section would be nice.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Got this in a PM.

quote:
What about a like and dislike button for posts.

With FB starting that trend, might as well keep up with current trends. Youtube also has it.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:38 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I like it. People are often giving the thumb up anyways

'Be.'

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:39 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Got this in a PM.

thumb up
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Squirrel Girl forum. Also perm ban anyone who says Squirrel Girl loses any fight.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:43 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Maybe make a separate forum for scans rather than dumping them all in the Character Ownage thread.

Or a scan request forum

Edit: Kill the Comic book questions thread and make it a forum

Edit2: I'd like the ability to edit/delete my posts more than a few minutes after making them.

'Be.'

Last edited by Cogito on Jul 12th, 2012 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 04:44 PM
Cogito

Make some incentives for certain accomplishments (e.g. winning a BZ, poster of the month, stuff like that). Incentives could be bigger avatars or titles or gold stars or whatever with their name and stuff on the left.

Also separate the BZ sub-forum. I almost never look at it the way it's set up now.

'Be.'

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:01 PM
Gecko4lif

Ability to edit posts

Also

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Remove the Heroes and Smallville sub forums in the tv section and add Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:02 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Cogito
Make some incentives for certain accomplishments (e.g. winning a BZ, poster of the month, stuff like that). Incentives could be bigger avatars or titles or gold stars or whatever with their name and stuff on the left.

Also separate the BZ sub-forum. I almost never look at it the way it's set up now.

I like this. I also like what Bada put up from someone's PM.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You should also try to find a way to make it for new members to only be able to post 5 times in a day or for some hours, etc, and slowly graduate to being capable of posting more within 30 days or something.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:17 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

more mod presence...sometimes when PR digi and bada are gone the trolls run amuck, maybe u can give some posters limited mod abilities to help alleviate the pain of dealing with them

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:20 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

^ Or just add a mod or two who's typically active at the times of day when Bada/Pr/Digi aren't.

'Be.'

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:21 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by carver9
Make an Anime forum where anime fts are separate from Manga

That's it for my list.

Just state Anime only when you make a thread.

As for my actual suggestion just for the other vs forums to be mroe open like this one and the movie one, to accept characters who long running game or anime, comic series etc regardless of origin. As long as the series is it's own.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Last edited by Lek Kuen on Jul 12th, 2012 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:31 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Trouble is finding someone who isn't a douche or biased or a troll

Well, there's bias and then there's bias.

There's nothing wrong with Mods having an opinion, as long as it isn't an in your face, abuse of power, opinion.

But yeah, obviously you need to look out for douches and trolls. I don't think certain people who will remain nameless made it onto Bada's recommendation list wink

'Be.'

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 05:41 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Make a TV Versus Forum like there is for Movies, Manga/Anime and Comics.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 07:13 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by marwash22
Make a TV Versus Forum like there is for Movies and Comics.
I'd actually say allow Tv chars in with the movie ones personally.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 07:13 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by jalek moye
I'd actually say allow Tv chars in with the movie ones personally.
either way. but that might make the movie versus a little cluttered.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 07:40 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote