KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » "Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)

"Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

"Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)

"Puff" is full grown and angry (see AvX 10). Fight takes place in a Petco in upstate NY. He's fully healed after each round, how far does he get?

1) Thor
2) the Full Phoenix Force
3) Thanos
4) Odin
5) Galactus
6) Exitar
7) Nekron
8) LT

"Puff's" fights and feats :
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Centuries ago, defeated the FULL Phoenix Force when it was on Earth. Even as a child, his fire breath was strong enough to cause Cyclops with 1/2 of the FULL PF severe pain.

I say he stops at 4.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 10:44 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

His name's Shao Lao . Not "Puff" .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 05:32 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: "Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
"Puff" is full grown and angry (see AvX 10). Fight takes place in a Petco in upstate NY. He's fully healed after each round, how far does he get?

1) Thor
2) the Full Phoenix Force
3) Thanos
4) Odin
5) Galactus
6) Exitar
7) Nekron
8) LT

I say he stops at 4.

I haven't seen the comic. How BIG is Puff? If we're talking Midgard Serpent size, and certainly if Puff is the equivalent of the Midgard Serpent of Asgardian legend, then even Odin might get cleared.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 05:56 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
His name's Shao Lao . Not "Puff" .

Yeah, that's terrific. Thanks for that bit of info. Now tell me where you think Puffy stops if he's an adult and going all out (healed fully after each fight).
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I haven't seen the comic. How BIG is Puff? If we're talking Midgard Serpent size, and certainly if Puff is the equivalent of the Midgard Serpent of Asgardian legend, then even Odin might get cleared.

I don't think size matters when it comes to beings of this level of power. But to tell you the truth, Puffy's full size was never mentioned.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:19 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yeah, that's terrific. Thanks for that bit of info. Now tell me where you think Puffy stops if he's an adult and going all out (healed fully after each fight).

I don't think size matters when it comes to beings of this level of power. But to tell you the truth, Puffy's full size was never mentioned.

This mere avatar of Lord Rand is more then enough to handle universal powers. He makes it to LT and decides not to fight another avatar.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:22 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

@Lek Kuen
How would Puffy get pass Odin though? Couldn't Odin use his time manip powers and regress Puffy to a baby then beat him? IMHO, it wouldn't even come to that. Odinforce > Puffyforce.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:29 AM
Senor Cage

Stops at 8.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:30 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

@Lek Kuen
How would Puffy get pass Odin though? Couldn't Odin use his time manip powers and regress Puffy to a baby then beat him? IMHO, it wouldn't even come to that. Odinforce > Puffyforce.

The dragons chi exists within all things, it is an endless sea of life with no beginning or end that exists within the center of the one true God; Lord Rand. So it stands to reason that since the baby was born from Rand's divine energy it too would be filled with his sea of power and be immune to the affects of time and simply Fist Odin.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:36 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Preach on, brother.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:37 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Can somebody help me out here?

I've actually been away from the X-books for the better part of a decade. For all the comic shops in my area either relocated, stopped carrying Marvel and DC in favor of Indies or role-playing game paraphenelia, or went out of business.

Then, through various forums, I drifted toward DC and stayed there.
Last time I'd actually been able to buy and actual X-Men comic, though:

Jean and Scott were husband and wife.

Emma Frost was headmistress of Generation X (I have no idea how she went from villain to headmistress, but I suppose it's no stranger than Magneto becoming headmaster of Xavier's Academy)

The Phoenix had gone from being Jean, to its own entity, to Jean with ONE empowering being inside her.

Magneto had died.

What in the world HAPPENED??

I don't see Jean anywhere. Like, anywhere.
Scott and EMMA are now apparently married. Generation X seems to have disbanded. Xavier is back and walking around, and apparently possessed of mental power again, though I thought they were somehow removed from him following the Onslaught series. The Phoenix is somehow now FIVE beings? Did it have kids or something?
And Magneto is alive and working with the X-Men once again.

Please somebody, as briefly as possible, how did all of this HAPPEN?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:40 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Can somebody help me out here?

I've actually been away from the X-books for the better part of a decade. For all the comic shops in my area either relocated, stopped carrying Marvel and DC in favor of Indies or role-playing game paraphenelia, or went out of business.

Then, through various forums, I drifted toward DC and stayed there.
Last time I'd actually been able to buy and actual X-Men comic, though:

Jean and Scott were husband and wife.

Emma Frost was headmistress of Generation X (I have no idea how she went from villain to headmistress, but I suppose it's no stranger than Magneto becoming headmaster of Xavier's Academy)

The Phoenix had gone from being Jean, to its own entity, to Jean with ONE empowering being inside her.

Magneto had died.

What in the world HAPPENED??

I don't see Jean anywhere. Like, anywhere.
Scott and EMMA are now apparently married. Generation X seems to have disbanded. Xavier is back and walking around, and apparently possessed of mental power again, though I thought they were somehow removed from him following the Onslaught series. The Phoenix is somehow now FIVE beings? Did it have kids or something?
And Magneto is alive and working with the X-Men once again.

Please somebody, as briefly as possible, how did all of this HAPPEN?

This is a thread about a herald of Rand, take your questions where they belong. Which is Pr's pm box stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:41 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Golgo13
Stops at 8.

Never gets passed Nekron! Puffy goes through a cycle of life,death, rebirth. He technically dies, so Nekron has a shot of controlling this awesome, universal force slaying power!
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
The dragons chi exists within all things, it is an endless sea of life with no beginning or end that exists within the center of the one true God; Lord Rand. So it stands to reason that since the baby was born from Rand's divine energy it too would be filled with his sea of power and be immune to the affects of time and simply Fist Odin.

Hmm.....

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 06:43 AM
Senor Cage

Nekron aint doing shit. The combined might of fire and will would WRECK Nekron. Case closed.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 07:05 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

[B]Yeah, that's terrific. Thanks for that bit of info. Now tell me where you think Puffy stops if he's an adult and going all out (healed fully after each fight).

Edit : 5 .

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Aug 16th, 2012 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:17 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Galactus kebabs the dragon.

I don't understand why people seem to be buying into the idea that the Phoenix Force in AvX, was fully imbued to each of the avatars.

It seems to me that it's more reasonable to assume that, without its chosen host [Hope], it just doesn't fully meld (and therefore provide access to the totality of the force).

The Avatars have all been very underwhelming, nothing they've done has been impressive, when you take in to account the fact that they're supposedly amped by "1/5th" of a cosmic force each.

Sentry, Surfer, hell even Cable have better feats of global manipulation and multi-tasking and hero-stomping.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:29 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by janus77

I don't understand why people seem to be buying into the idea that the Phoenix Force in AvX, was fully imbued to each of the avatars.

It seems to me that it's more reasonable to assume that, without its chosen host [Hope], it just doesn't fully meld (and therefore provide access to the totality of the force).

The Avatars have all been very underwhelming, nothing they've done has been impressive, when you take in to account the fact that they're supposedly amped by "1/5th" of a cosmic force each.

Sentry, Surfer, hell even Cable have better feats of global manipulation and multi-tasking and hero-stomping.

Rachel has better feats, and she's only had a 'sliver'. Which, although ambiguous as to its level, must be less that what Cyclops had.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

If you're referring to Zop's spoilers , then you should know that Shao Lao's off-panel feat of beating the Phoenix happened a long time ago , according to legend .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:39 AM
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Rachel has better feats, and she's only had a 'sliver'. Which, although ambiguous as to its level, must be less that what Cyclops had.

I think (if Marvel writers try and rationalise AvX later on) they'll come out arguing that the PF was 'using' the 5, and not bonding with them, that it was simply lashing out...

Rachel, Jean Grey etc... they're being that the PF chose and who accepted it. So there's scope to argue that, whatever amount of it they had, it was fully bonded to them.

It also explains why you only need to knock out an avatar for the PF to leave it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:41 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
If you're referring to Zop's spoilers , then you should know that Shao Lao's off-panel feat of beating the Phoenix happened a long time ago , according to legend .

No, that incident is its own little ****up, I'm speaking about the rather weak and unimpressive PF Avatars over the course of this whole AvX arc.

Not once have they looked like they were in possession of an abstract - cosmic - power... Even combined, they don't seem half as formidable as say Thanos.

Chaos Wars, Fear Itself and now this, the hype around the entities grows exponentially in INVERSE relation to the feats of the entities...

Still, AvX doesn't suck as hard as Faeces Itself. That was utterly shit.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:45 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

No, that incident is its own little ****up, I'm speaking about the rather weak and unimpressive PF Avatars over the course of this whole AvX arc.

Not once have they looked like they were in possession of an abstract - cosmic - power... Even combined, they don't seem half as formidable as say Thanos.

Chaos Wars, Fear Itself and now this, the hype around the entities grows exponentially in INVERSE relation to the feats of the entities...

Still, AvX doesn't suck as hard as Faeces Itself. That was utterly shit.

That's more because of the two retards that are writing this piece of drivel .

I do hope though that the PF gets revealed as that mysterious "Life-Force" which granted Wanda her powers . That'll be a real turning point for the Phoenix(power-wise) in this event .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:12 AM