KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel 7 in DCU

Marvel 7 in DCU
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Marvel 7 in DCU

What if Marvel 7 were to take the place of the JLA big 7 from the start of there team formation..

Would the Marvel 7 be able 2 succeed in the DCu?

If they are 2 fall/fail as a team, when wold that be? against who would that be?

Marvel 7:
Cap.America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Namor

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:30 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Do you mean could Thor solo everything the jla have ever faced

No thumb down

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:33 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Marvel 7 in DCU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermex
What if Marvel 7 were to take the place of the JLA big 7 from the start of there team formation..

Would the Marvel 7 be able 2 succeed in the DCu?

If they are 2 fall/fail as a team, when wold that be? against who would that be?

Marvel 7:
Cap.America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Namor

Against Darkseid, they would only bfr him like the JLA did.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 06:39 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Do you mean could Thor solo everything the jla have ever faced

No thumb down

No not solo.. there going into the DCu as a team..

If this Marvel team follows the JLA history from its start, would they survive DCU or fail? if they fail when in JLA comic history would they fall or do they succeed in defending the DCU

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:05 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

With that lineup? They would fail. JLA's villains are generally more powerful than Avengers.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I didn't notice surfer but

As a whole the jla walk around with more mid to high heralds than the Avengers ever do

If the jla are struggling, and there a team of heralds the Avengers are going to start losing members

Thus no Thor cannot solo

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:10 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I don't think that they would do too bad. They have speed, power, intel, and solid leadership.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 07:51 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

Historically the JLA has been significantly more powerful than the Avengers. I don't see this team living up to the JLA history by any means. This isn't a Marvel diss... just not anywhere near as powerful a team.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 01:37 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Historically the JLA has been significantly more powerful than the Avengers. I don't see this team living up to the JLA history by any means. This isn't a Marvel diss... just not anywhere near as powerful a team.

Let's test this out then shall we?

Superman - Thor = Close
Wonder Woman - Spider-Man = Wonder Woman
Batman - Cap. America = Cap. America
Green Lantern - Silver Surfer = Silver Surfer
Flash - Iron Man = Flash
Martian Manhunter - Hulk = Hulk
Aquaman - Namor = Depends.

I think they would do fine.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 01:46 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

Originally posted by Stoic
Let's test this out then shall we?

Superman - Thor = Close
Wonder Woman - Spider-Man = Wonder Woman
Batman - Cap. America = Cap. America
Green Lantern - Silver Surfer = Silver Surfer
Flash - Iron Man = Flash
Martian Manhunter - Hulk = Hulk
Aquaman - Namor = Depends.

I think they would do fine.

Superman > Thor and Asgarde isn't a factor in the DCU
WW >>>>> SPider man
Batman = Cap (no favorites
GL = Surfer (Hal or Kyle)
Flash >>>>>>> IM
MM >>>>>> Hulk based SOLELY on his role in the JLA. MM is a great bruiser if he needs to be, which is ALL Hulk is. MM also is a telepath, space traveler, think tank, etc. He filled a role Hulk cannot.
Aquaman = Namor

The Supes/Thor gap, WW/Spidey gap, and Flash/IM gaps are too big.

Hulk isn't gonna work in the DCU as a member of the JLA. First fight against Darkseid and he's useless.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 01:54 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Superman > Thor and Asgarde isn't a factor in the DCU
WW >>>>> SPider man
Batman = Cap (no favorites
GL = Surfer (Hal or Kyle)
Flash >>>>>>> IM
MM >>>>>> Hulk based SOLELY on his role in the JLA. MM is a great bruiser if he needs to be, which is ALL Hulk is. MM also is a telepath, space traveler, think tank, etc. He filled a role Hulk cannot.
Aquaman = Namor

The Supes/Thor gap, WW/Spidey gap, and Flash/IM gaps are too big.

Hulk isn't gonna work in the DCU as a member of the JLA. First fight against Darkseid and he's useless.

It really depends on which mental incarnation of the Hulk that you are speaking of. Bruce Banner in the role of the Hulk could very easily replace J'onn, and as far as tanks go, J'onn would have a far tougher time stopping Lobo, Grundy, or some other super tank.

The Surfer would waste a GL on average.

Spiderman may not be able to defeat Diana but he would bring more to the team than she does in terms of brains. I also wouldn't sleep on him, he has some very impressive feats.

Thor could easily replace Superman when speaking of power stunts, and handling villains.

Captain America would beat the hell out of Batman in a real fight, and he is a better tactician. Batman is smarter, and can solve mysteries better but they have Ironman on the team.

The flash would defeat Iron Man in a non prep battle, but if Tony put his mind to it, he would beat the Flash. Tony is all about prep. In terms of smarts, I'd go with Tony over Barry. After all Tony has more in terms of resources than Barry, and his tech is simply more practical.

Like I said they would do just fine, although I would have replaced Spiderman with Sersi, but this team would do very well in the DCU. You may just not want to recognize the marvels for their individual talents, and the things that they can bring to the table.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:07 AM
DarkSaint85

True, but don't forget Stoic, MM is almost never used as a tank - he's used more as a telepathic coordinator, sharing battle plans. Yes, the Avengers have Cap, but its a real advantage having the ability to share it amongst your team mates at the sped of thought.

Then of course, if you want to use BannerHulk, then his usefulness as a tank is decreased, and vice versa (not that you need a thinker, when you have Tony).

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:11 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
True, but don't forget Stoic, MM is almost never used as a tank - he's used more as a telepathic coordinator, sharing battle plans. Yes, the Avengers have Cap, but its a real advantage having the ability to share it amongst your team mates at the sped of thought.

Then of course, if you want to use BannerHulk, then his usefulness as a tank is decreased, and vice versa (not that you need a thinker, when you have Tony).

1. Who's mental state do you believe was at the helm during WW Hulk?

2. Who needs TP when you have Tony and Spiderman providing comm. technology?

They would do just fine.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:17 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Cap >>> Batman

Unless you mean in full utility to the team

Hulks lack of flight and inability to work on a team make him useless

To compare spiderman to wonderwoman is dumb

Aquaman > Namor

Thor > 52 supes

One of the biggest things this Avengers team is missing is a telepath

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:17 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Cap >>> Batman

Unless you mean in full utility to the team

Hulks lack of flight and inability to work on a team make him useless

To compare spiderman to wonderwoman is dumb

Aquaman > Namor

Thor > 52 supes

One of the biggest things this Avengers team is missing is a telepath

The Hulk can and has worked well in a team environment. Have you forgotten Diana's blood lust? The Hulk can jump. Tony could also equip him with tech to fly.

Spiderman has brains that Diana never has, so he isn't as useless as you may at first believe.

Aquaman is not greater than Namor. The only thing that we have on panel is Namor resisting Aquaman's TP while all of the others fell. I didn't write it, but there it was on panel. Namor has the strength advantage. I'd call them near even.

Thor has more power than Superman, while Superman is stronger. This is not a battle between the two, but a comparison to how well the Marvel's would acclimate in the DCU.

Who needs TP when you have communications technology?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:27 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Ok let's say the enemy is in space the team is cut in half right there

Aquaman also has a whole nation behind him which makes him far more useful than Namor

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:33 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Ok let's say the enemy is in space the team is cut in half right there

Aquaman also has a whole nation behind him which makes him far more useful than Namor

In this case Namor would be the King of Atlantis.

Batman can't fly is he useless?

Tony can build tech to allow for the entire team to operate in any environment short of a black hole, and that within itself is up for debate.

Namor has been poorly written and is more than a simple brick. Namor if fitted properly is quite the powerful blaster character if he were ever written to be geared up with high powered electro rods.

I really believe that this team would do well, and if they were in the DCU, you could be certain that Steve would likely recruit many other super powers. just think outside of the box, and you will realize that this team could replace the DC team.

A good question is how well would the DC team do in the Marvel U. I think that they would do well as well, but they would have their difficulties with guys like Galactus, Mephisto, Doom, Annihilus, Thanos... you know what I mean?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:52 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Captain Atom beats them all. Not joking.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Yes I guess your right if Steve gained a red, a white, and a blue set of rings and spiderman gained the helm of Nabu

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:56 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
Captain Atom beats them all. Not joking.

How would the DC 7 do against Captain Atom then? Not that I doubt your word, just wondering.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 02:57 AM