KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fastest Character

Fastest Character
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Fastest Character

Who is the fastest character in comic?

My vote is for X-Man, when he shifted himself into the Planck Length.

2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. times the speed of light.

Go!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:13 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

And Source

quote: (post)
A great speed feat, X-Man moves into the realm between planck seconds, and Ares follows him and fights him there: http://i.imgur.com/Czgpf.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ep5zqa.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/rwnegw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r7BcF.jpg
I was originally trying to scale the total distance they moved during this fight, but that proved to be a bit of a pain, so I figured I could just do what Thanatoseraph did in his Zimmerman's Valley calc. This has qualifying marathon speed at 3.8889 m/s. (Of course this is a huge lowball, since both Nate and Ares are far above peak human physical speed). The subjective time passed during this fight, keeping that lowball speed in mind, I think shouldn't have been any less than 10 seconds. (It would realistically be longer if you took into account Nate's speech before Ares arrived, but talking is a free action, whatever, and I'm being conservative here). 3.8889 m/s in 10 seconds = 38.889 meters. This all took place in less than a planck instant, which is equal to 5.39106e-44 seconds. This translates to a speed of 7.213609197e44 m/s, or 2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000c
. Gold Saints, eat your hearts out
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17878

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:16 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Bart Allen.

When he went faster than X-man.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Wouldn't Ares' ability to follow him in there reduce its impressiveness ?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:19 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Why? Moments ago we where just told Ares is the embodiment of war across realities, at all points of time.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:26 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by "Id"
And Source

A great speed feat, X-Man moves into the realm between planck seconds, and Ares follows him and fights him there: http://i.imgur.com/Czgpf.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ep5zqa.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/rwnegw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r7BcF.jpg
I was originally trying to scale the total distance they moved during this fight, but that proved to be a bit of a pain, so I figured I could just do what Thanatoseraph did in his Zimmerman's Valley calc. This has qualifying marathon speed at 3.8889 m/s. (Of course this is a huge lowball, since both Nate and Ares are far above peak human physical speed). The subjective time passed during this fight, keeping that lowball speed in mind, I think shouldn't have been any less than 10 seconds. (It would realistically be longer if you took into account Nate's speech before Ares arrived, but talking is a free action, whatever, and I'm being conservative here). 3.8889 m/s in 10 seconds = 38.889 meters. This all took place in less than a planck instant, which is equal to 5.39106e-44 seconds. This translates to a speed of 7.213609197e44 m/s, or 2,406,201,025,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000c
. Gold Saints, eat your hearts out
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17878

Areas follows him? Sentry meat puppet Ares? O_o

When did Ares get time powers?

Anyways, it's a nice feat. I wouldn't call it a true "speed feat" though. Sounds more like a "time manipulation feat". Akin to Metron meeting matching a Promethium Giants perception of time, so he could carry on a normal conversation instead of waiting decades just to hear a completed sentence.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:35 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I don't think marvel has ever written Ares to explore the full depth of his Olympic heritage. Though they do exist, he operates like a brawler instinctively accessing his exotic from time to time.

When he chased after Edens group, the same exotic powers instinctively kicked in without knowing or caring for the logic behind it.

Last edited by "Id" on Sep 29th, 2012 at 07:01 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:59 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Indeed. Eden is a really powerful teleporter, and was trained by Gateway. And he matter of factly stated that only he controls his portals, and no one can get through one if he doesn't want them to. He even closed the portal behind them. So what does Ares do? He rips apart time and space itself and follows them into the portal.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 07:14 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Id must have a feverish desire for somebody to care about Nate, so he brings this "planck length" every few months, gets corrected on it having nothing to do with superspeed, and then keeps silent for a few months more.

I feel you, bro.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 07:49 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

PC Supes went beyond infinite speed to try to catch Supergirl before Spectre stopped him

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 10:50 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
why wouldnt be? Ares full potential has never been explored. He is the embodiment of war on all levels of reality which means he can freely transer between them.

3D
4D
Plank time
Pocket dimensions

Etc

He exist in all of them

I have returned

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 03:57 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Ares is a character that if done correctly could be the black Adam of marvel....in power and bad assness

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:04 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

And yet he's such a feeble character.

Shouldn't him being the embodiment of War--or whatever non-sense have you, make him invulnerable to, or even empowered by any conflict?

He sure got his 'embodiment of war' ***** ass slapped down with the casualness in WWH.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Sep 29th, 2012 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:05 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by CosmicComet
And yet he's such a feeble character.

Shouldn't him being the embodiment of War--or whatever non-sense have you, make him invulnerable, or even empowered by any conflict?

He sure got his 'embodiment of war' ***** ass slapped down with the casualness in WWH.

Marvel seems to have a lingering.disrespect for gods not of Asgard

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:10 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Nah.

Zeus is well respected.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:12 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Ares jobs a lot

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:24 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah.

Zeus is well respected.

Only recently and pak had to push for that. Still the rest of the Greek pantheon gets no love

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:25 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hercules does.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hercules does.

he aint part of the pantheon

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:37 PM
DarkSaint85

The Glimmer, who ran perpendicular to time.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 04:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote