KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Arishem vs Galactus (read description)

Arishem vs Galactus (read description)
Started by: oaa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
oaa

Arishem vs Galactus (read description)

Hey guys, this isn't really a regular versus match. What I want to know is, how many planets do you think Galactus would have to consume in order to defeat the Arishem that fought the Destroyer armored Odin?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:11 AM
oaa is currently offline Click here to Send oaa a Private Message Find more posts by oaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

A crapton. That Destroyer took on SEVEN 616 NAMED Celestials . Sure it got owned but hey, sh|t happens.

Galactus had his hands full with 4 alt reality no name Celestials. He took one out but then was killed.

So who knows. This whole "I'll eat multiple planets to power up beyond my 'normal' level is newish", Hickman can suck a d|ck.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:16 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
A crapton. That Destroyer took on SEVEN 616 NAMED Celestials . Sure it got owned but hey, sh|t happens.

Galactus had his hands full with 4 alt reality no name Celestials. He took one out but then was killed.

So who knows. This whole "I'll eat multiple planets to power up beyond my 'normal' level is newish", Hickman can suck a d|ck.

Thing is, that version of the Destroyer was unable to inflict any LASTING damage to even one of his Celestial opponents; whereas, Galactus, on the other hand, managed to take down one of the Mad Celestials. To suggest that the latter mentioned 'space gods' are inferior to their 616 counterparts simply because they are NEW "no name" characters from an alternate universe isn't the fairest or most logical of arguments.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:55 AM
Doon is currently offline Click here to Send Doon a Private Message Find more posts by Doon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

Re: Arishem vs Galactus (read description)

Originally posted by oaa
Hey guys, this isn't really a regular versus match. What I want to know is, how many planets do you think Galactus would have to consume in order to defeat the Arishem that fought the Destroyer armored Odin?

Even though Hickman stated that the 4280 Celestials are on par with their 616 counterparts (in terms of sheer power), we don't know how they compare against each other individually. We do, however, know that Arishem is considered to be one of THE most powerful Celestials in the 616 universe. That said, I'm thinking 5 or 6 planets should suffice. This is just pure speculation on my part though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:01 AM
Doon is currently offline Click here to Send Doon a Private Message Find more posts by Doon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Doon
Thing is, that version of the Destroyer was unable to inflict any LASTING damage to even one of his Celestial opponents; whereas, Galactus, on the other hand, managed to take down one of the Mad Celestials. To suggest that the latter mentioned 'space gods' are inferior to their 616 counterparts simply because they are NEW "no name" characters from an alternate universe isn't the fairest or most logical of arguments.

But these were NAMED 616 Celestials and members of the Fourth Host. The alt reality Celestials are no names.

Also worth noting is that Arishem was called the Mightiest of the Celestials and that's who Galactus is facing off against in this thread. Not alt reality nobodies.

The fact is that the Destroyer went up against seven or eight of them vs Galactus going up against only four. If there were three or four more Celestials in that fight with Galactus, they'd coat the solar system with his entrails.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Last edited by zopzop on Sep 30th, 2012 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:02 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

It's not really that new of an idea is it? I mean do you recall what Galactus did during the Secret Wars?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:06 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Well, a normal fed Galactus is supposed to be around a celestials power level, last I recalled. But this is Arishem, I say 10 planets, maybe more. 4 Celestials fusing 1-shotted him, so I think 10 is the minimum.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:08 AM
The Merchant is currently offline Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

Originally posted by The Merchant
Well, a normal fed Galactus is supposed to be around a celestials power level, last I recalled. But this is Arishem, I say 10 planets, maybe more. 4 Celestials fusing 1-shotted him, so I think 10 is the minimum.

Technically, it was 3 Celestials who one-shotted him. He killed the first one; then they merged and combined using the armor of the deceased one.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:13 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
It's not really that new of an idea is it? I mean do you recall what Galactus did during the Secret Wars?

Yes, in an act of desperation he ate his worldship. That wasn't his first plan. He was attempting to devour the planet the fight was taking place on but the heroes were causing him too much trouble so he abandoned that idea and went right for his worldship. I don't recall stating that made him more powerful than if he had just eaten the planet.

If anyone has scans saying that, I'd appreciate seeing them.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:16 AM
The Merchant

How many planets did he consume to fight those 4 Celestials, BTW?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:20 AM
The Merchant is currently offline Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yes, in an act of desperation he ate his worldship. That wasn't his first plan. He was attempting to devour the planet the fight was taking place on but the heroes were causing him too much trouble so he abandoned that idea and went right for his worldship. I don't recall stating that made him more powerful than if he had just eaten the planet.

If anyone has scans saying that, I'd appreciate seeing them.

So you do not believe that he would grow more powerful if he were to consume more? What of the tales of his potential of growing as powerful as Eternity, and what he would need to do in order to gain this stature?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

Originally posted by The Merchant
How many planets did he consume to fight those 4 Celestials, BTW?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:26 AM
The Merchant

To achieve full-power he has to be feeding for quite a long time, or he absorbs a power source that can allow him to achieve that. So far I don't think he has ever come close, he could eat a universe in an instant if he wanted to, though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:27 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
So you do not believe that he would grow more powerful if he were to consume more? What of the tales of his potential of growing as powerful as Eternity, and what he would need to do in order to gain this stature?

Nope. If that was how it worked, he'd have done it during the Infinity Sagas, Marvel : The End, or other universe shaking events. But he didn't did he? Four alt reality Celestials pale in comparison to Thanos with the IG or Magus with those 5 CCUs. Yet he never did that "consuming multiple worlds for exponential powerup" like he did vs the Rogues. Something is fishy no?

Hickman is a hack.

PS, where was it stated that he's potentially as powerful as Eternity? Also you know how I feel about implied power too, so.........

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:31 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Nope. If that was how it worked, he'd have done it during the Infinity Sagas, Marvel : The End, or other universe shaking events. But he didn't did he? Four alt reality Celestials pale in comparison to Thanos with the IG or Magus with those 5 CCUs. Yet he never did that "consuming multiple worlds for exponential powerup" like he did vs the Rogues. Something is fishy no?

Hickman is a hack.

PS, where was it stated that he's potentially as powerful as Eternity? Also you know how I feel about implied power too, so.........

Just something I heard on this board, and you're right until proven otherwise. On panel he has never been more than a low abstract, if that.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 01:40 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

But these were NAMED 616 Celestials and members of the Fourth Host. The alt reality Celestials are no names.

Its not like Eson's counterpart couldn't be recognized among the Rogues , could he ?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 03:29 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Its not like Eson's counterpart couldn't be recognized among the Rogues , could he ?

Refresh my memory, was it stated on panel that that was (alt) Eson? Because if all we are going by is looks, then I'm not buying it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 05:15 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Refresh my memory, was it stated on panel that that was (alt) Eson? Because if all we are going by is looks, then I'm not buying it.

This is getting ridiculous . I mean you would have a point if his illustrative depiction varied throughout the issues he appeared , like one of the other Mad Celestials which got mis-drawn as Tiamut in FF#15 . The fact that 4280-Eson was depicted that way in EVERY single issue he appeared in is enough to convince me that he is Eson's counterpart .

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 08:04 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doon

Having only one or two features in common (in this case, the 6 eyes or circular pattern their helmets both share) isn't enough to conclude that the Mad Celestial in question is, in fact, Eson's 4280 counterpart. That's like saying two human characters are the same person simply because they both have brown hair or blue eyes. I'm with you on this one, Zop.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 10:41 AM
Utrigita

Galactus powerlevel varies depending on how much he chooses to consume, that have been shown atleast three times that I can recall.

As for defeating Arishem, it really depends on how you look at Galactus and more importantly which shown version you choose to use, the Galactus that fought the GE would be fine with just one planet imo. Galactus that fought Odin, would need atleast five, and the Galactus from the Fantastic Four I think would be fine with two or three, so it depends.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 11:03 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote