KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Halloween archtypes : Marvel Vs DC

Halloween archtypes : Marvel Vs DC
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Halloween archtypes : Marvel Vs DC

Since Halloween is coming up this got me thinking about which
company has the most powerful "Halloween Monster Archtype".

Zombie :
Marvel - ? The only one that comes to mind is Simon William Garth aka the Zombie
*DC - Solomon Grundy?
Winner : DC?

Vampire :
Marvel - Varnae or Dracula?
DC - Andrew Bennett? or that "Cain" guy?
Winner : ?

Mummy :
Marvel - The Living Mummy with Eye of Ra (fire immunity)
DC - ?
Winner : Marvel?

Ghost :
Marvel - ?
DC - Deadman?

Frankenstein's Monster :
Marvel - Frankenstein
DC - Frankenstein with that sword

Scarecrow :
Marvel : Strawman the Fear Lord
DC : ?
Winner : Marvel?

*Black Lanterns excluded

EDITED because of Bada's suggestion

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Last edited by zopzop on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 01:45 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

No Scarecrow?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 01:49 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Well, for zombies, Marvel had, you know.... Marvel Zombies.

And for Scarecrow, DC has, you know.... Scarecrow. no expression

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 01:54 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Existere
Well, for zombies, Marvel had, you know.... Marvel Zombies.

And for Scarecrow, DC has, you know.... Scarecrow. no expression

Meant to exclude the Marvel Zombies because they not canon. But then again, the Marvel Zombies with the undead Squadron Supreme was in 616 reality. I think.

So I guess Marvel's side has Zombie Hyperion. I'd still go with Solomon Grundy though.

Also, Scarecrow is a Batman villain dude. Marvel's Strawman is a Fear Lord. Marvel would win that.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 01:57 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'd say Grundy is more of a revenant or flesh golem then a zombie. He doesn't eat human flesh, and his body doesn't continue to decompose.

Also... no love for Werewolf by Night?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:25 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'd say Grundy is more of a revenant or flesh golem then a zombie. He doesn't eat human flesh, and his body doesn't continue to decompose.

Hmm.. Then who would you include for Team DC under the Zombie category?

quote:
Also... no love for Werewolf by Night?

Gdammit! I meant to include a werewolf category! sad Oh well, too late for an edit.

Werewolf (Lycanthrope) :
Marvel : Werewolf by Night?
DC : Timber Wolf?
Even though Werewolf by Night has actually held his own and won vs the likes of the Hulk, I think Timber Wolf is overall more powerful.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:37 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by zopzop

Hmm.. Then who would you include for Team DC under the Zombie category?

Gdammit! I meant to include a werewolf category! sad Oh well, too late for an edit.

Werewolf (Lycanthrope) :
Marvel : Werewolf by Night?
DC : Timber Wolf?
Even though Werewolf by Night has actually held his own and won vs the likes of the Hulk, I think Timber Wolf is overall more powerful.

Nah, Werewolf by Night > Timber Wolf... plus he is an actual werewolf.

Gwen Dylan from I, Zombie for DC, Zombie for Marvel I guess.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:46 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think Starbreaker would be the the most powerful vampire from DC. But his description as a "cosmic" vampire may disqualify him.

Ghost for DC would be Spectre, obviously.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:52 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Nah, Werewolf by Night > Timber Wolf... plus he is an actual werewolf.

I actually think it's the opposite. Timber Wolf has been spoken of pretty highly here on these boards. But if he's not a Lycanthrope, then who does Team DC have to fill that slot?

quote:
Gwen Dylan from I, Zombie for DC, Zombie for Marvel I guess.

But how powerful is Gwen Dylan? I'm testing the waters to see which company has the most powerful "Halloween" type characters. Wasn't Marvel Zombies Supreme canon since it took place in 616 reality? Zombie Hyperion is definitely more powerful than Zombie (Simon Garth) from Marvel. How would he compare to Gwen Dylan power wise?

@Jake
Spectre is an aspect of God no? Wouldn't that disqualify him?

Also I thought Cain was like a mini abstract being. How powerful is Starbreaker?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:57 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

@Jake
Spectre is an aspect of God no? Wouldn't that disqualify him?

Also I thought Cain was like a mini abstract being. How powerful is Starbreaker?

He's described as a spirit consistently, which would fall under "ghost" properties, I'd think. He is, obviously, a very high end "ghost", but he's definitely considered "dead" unlike other aspects of God/angels.

I think Cain is more in line with the classical depiction of a vampire, but Starbreaker, even post-crisis is easily operating at > trans levels.

Then again, Carnivore or whatever was a vampire like entity apparently equalish to part of the Presence or something, iirc.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Timber wolf isn't a werewolf. Creature commandos would fit werewolf category.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

@Jake
Well, if he's considered a Ghost then DC wins that category. I can't think of anything Marvel side.

Oh crap, that's right. Carnivore, an aspect of God(?) was the master of vampires or something right? Ok DC wins that category for sure then. Unless I'm missing something from Marvel?

@abhilegend
How powerful is the werewolf in Creature Commandos (or are they all werewolves)? Because I'm trying to find out the most powerful character in each category. Werewolf by Night fought Grey Hulk to a standstill and actually beat Savage (?) Hulk. Those creature commando guys would have to be pretty strong to win this category (since Timber Wolf can't be included for Team DC).

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:04 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I actually think it's the opposite. Timber Wolf has been spoken of pretty highly here on these boards. But if he's not a Lycanthrope, then who does Team DC have to fill that slot?
[/B]

By who? Timber Wolf kind of sucks... outside of his flight ring, Spider-man is noticeably better than him in every way.

Warren Griffith?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:06 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Also Genocide as a zombie for DC. She would push zombie hyperion's shit in.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:06 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

@Jake
Well, if he's considered a Ghost then DC wins that category. I can't think of anything Marvel side.

Oh crap, that's right. Carnivore, an aspect of God(?) was the master of vampires or something right? Ok DC wins that category for sure then. Unless I'm missing something from Marvel?

@abhilegend
How powerful is the werewolf in Creature Commandos (or are they all werewolves)? Because I'm trying to find out the most powerful character in each category. Werewolf by Night fought Grey Hulk to a standstill and actually beat Savage (?) Hulk. Those creature commando guys would have to be pretty strong to win this category (since Timber Wolf can't be included for Team DC).

They fought russian zod to a standstill IIRC and have fought superman I believe.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:07 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

@srankmissingnin
I heard he went toe to toe with PC Kryptonians and even had good showings pre DCNu vs various Herald level beings.

@ahilegend
So Genocide > Zombie Hyperion and she's a zombie? Any notable stuff from him/her/it?

Also the Creature Commandos are ALL Lycanthropes? Or is only one of them a werewolf? How did they (or the werewolf member) do against Superman and Zod? Cause Werewolf by Night had no help vs the Hulk both times he fought him.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:12 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

@srankmissingnin
I heard he went toe to toe with PC Kryptonians and even had good showings pre DCNu vs various Herald level beings.

@ahilegend
So Genocide > Zombie Hyperion and she's a zombie? Any notable stuff from him/her/it?

Also the Creature Commandos are ALL Lycanthropes? Or is only one of them a werewolf? How did they (or the werewolf member) do against Superman and Zod? Cause Werewolf by Night had no help vs the Hulk both times he fought him.

Genocide is wonder woman with extra abilities like teleportation, empathic manipulation, soul suck, and such. She beat john stewart, firestorm, red tornado, black canary together and beat diana to an inch of her life. Wonder woman later beat her by wearing gauntlet of atlas.

I checked back and it wasn't creature commandos who fought superman and zod.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 03:29 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

@srankmissingnin

Maybe he got a few shots in as part of the Legion as a whole... but I'm not even sure about that.

Herald level beings? confused

Like who? The most powerful character he fought one on one was Cassie. He took a few hits from her... but she flat out stated she was pulling her punches so she wouldn't kill him. Heck he was almost killed by three hand gun bullets to the chest recently.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 04:19 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Maybe he got a few shots in as part of the Legion as a whole... but I'm not even sure about that.

Herald level beings? confused

Like who? The most powerful character he fought one on one was Cassie. He took a few hits from her... but she flat out stated she was pulling her punches so she wouldn't kill him. Heck he was almost killed by three hand gun bullets to the chest recently.

Maybe he is confusing karate kid with timber wolf?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 04:28 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by abhilegend
Maybe he is confusing karate kid with timber wolf?

I think he is passing on second hand info from prep-man... I'm sure prep-man said the fallowing about Timber Wolf. But we all know prep-man is insane.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 04:32 AM