KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs Wolverine: Who's the better leader?

Cyclops vs Wolverine: Who's the better leader?
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Cyclops vs Wolverine: Who's the better leader?

Who is the better leader for the X-Men and why?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:42 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In terms of morals, or in terms of tactics/strategy?

Right now, Logan is the first, Cyclops is the second.

Cyclops used to be the first, too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

more in terms of effectiveness

ie if you had to take a team to fight, who would you rather lead the team.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:44 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cyclops, then.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Scott is the second best leader in Marvel, I'm not sure logans even In the top ten

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:59 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Wolverine dropped a bunch of kids in the savage land and made them track him. It's a questionable choice as a overall leader. He is more interesting than cyclops but not better as a leader of his people, a team of mutants or even a Pee wee hockey team.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 06:05 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

different styles and philosophical approaches.

logan has proven a better teacher and guide. making mutant kids be all they can be and inheriting xavier's mantle. people criticized his transition into this role, but it seemed quite natural to me, considering his historical development. besides, he has always played the role of menthor/father figure in some manner: shadowcat, rogue, jubilee, armor

cyclops has proven an unflinching militant leader uncompromisingly committed to his people, thus inheriting magneto's mantle. funny thing was I hated when this development first began, because I viewed him as a poor mans magneto. but now thats all been said and done, I'm rather pleased with it. he isnt mags, he has grown into his own role and is more interesting than he has ever been.

when logan was the lone rebel and cyke was the boyscout, they
were both cool doing their own things and they're even cooler now that they've matured to replace the characters that embodied the mutant ideological devide and have redefined the gulf between reconciliation and struggle for autonomy.

I, for one, applaude the directions the characters have been taken in and consider neither traitorous or villanous.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 06:26 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Logan has also shown to follow his emotions and gut far too often instead of logic, and often makes questionable and sometimes downright stupid choices and arguments.

Logan: Grrrr, Scott I can't believe you gave those kids the choice to fight for their home!!!

Cyclops: It's their choice. I also gave them the option to leave.

Logan: -starts his own school just to spite Cyclops, then threatens someone on the doorstep using all of them kids as part of that threat-

Logan:Intent on killing Hope or helping the Avengers win just because he doesn't like Scott. He knows Scott is right, still doesn't care.

Logan: Intent on killing Scarlet Witch for M Day, despite it not being even 50% her fault.

Logan: Blaming Scott for all the bad shit that happened when the P5 incident happened, despite knowing that Tony Stark caused the incident in the first place, and that none of them were strong enough to control it. Yet he never blamed Jean for Dark Phoenix.

Logan: Blames Scott for killing Xavier, even though he knows Scott lost control.

Logan: Kicking Psylocke out of the school for being "too violent", when he himself has threatened students on multiple occasions.

The list goes on of how bad a leader Logan actually is. In all honesty if I was in the X-Men or Avengers, I'd rather not even be on a team with Logan much less him him as my leader, field or otherwise.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 08:17 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

How is this even a question? Cyclops accomplishes the impossible in a regular basis, Wolverine has a hard time deciding to put down a beer.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 08:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

The one with the bigger d*ck...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 08:34 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Cyke is a far better leader unless we are talking being in charge of a pack or wolves or something.

Wolvie can be a great mentor however.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 08:47 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I bet Cyke would do better with a pack of wolves too

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 09:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Wolverine is a better mentor.
He recognizes the abilities of future leaders and shapes them for that role.

Rogue comes first to mind; it was Logan that was her first true "parent" despite their rocky beginning, it was Logan that tested her and made her realize that she was, in fact, best suited to lead the team in the absence of Scott or Ororo, Logan that was honest enough and ego-less enough to encourage her to become what she is now.

Note that this is not a role Cyclops could have easily filled; his tendency, sans Professor X, is to treat other would-be leaders as rivals, threats to his authority, and, in battle situations especially, distractions that could prove lethal.

Scott demands the best of people, and gets it; Logan shows them how to become their best.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 12:29 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think Cyclops has ever really felt threatened by other team leaders. Most of them knew that he was the best guy for the job, and the one time he wasn't, he was being mentally influenced anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 12:35 PM
8swords

my thoughts exactly,

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 02:11 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Cyclops.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 02:23 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by KingD19
[B]Logan has also shown to follow his emotions and gut far too often instead of logic, and often makes questionable and sometimes downright stupid choices and arguments.

Logan: Grrrr, Scott I can't believe you gave those kids the choice to fight for their home!!!

Cyclops: It's their choice. I also gave them the option to leave.

logans point was they werent mature enough to decide and should be isolated from conflict by adults
quote:

Logan: -starts his own school just to spite Cyclops, then threatens someone on the doorstep using all of them kids as part of that threat-
actually, he keeps them on lock up during conflicts, including the one you are mentioning. he used them because the hellfire club are children themselves, which is why he didnt gut them then and there
quote:

Logan:Intent on killing Hope or helping the Avengers win just because he doesn't like Scott. He knows Scott is right, still doesn't care.
derp derp he was doing it out of fear the phoenix would destroy the earth. hope asked to be put down for the same reason, which he coulnt bring himself to do,

quote:

Logan: Intent on killing Scarlet Witch for M Day, despite it not being even 50% her fault.

Logan: Blaming Scott for all the bad shit that happened when the P5 incident happened, despite knowing that Tony Stark caused the incident in the first place, and that none of them were strong enough to control it. Yet he never blamed Jean for Dark Phoenix.

Logan: Blames Scott for killing Xavier, even though he knows Scott lost control.
SW responsabilty was left open as dr doom could have been lying to rehabilitate her in the eyes of her peers.

as per avx consequences, logan acknowledges cyke was not responsible for his actions when it came to the killing, but blames scott for embracing the pf in the first place and turning his back on chucks legacy.

JG gets a double standard treatment, thats true, but she gets it from everybody, including cyke.

quote:

Logan: Kicking Psylocke out of the school for being "too violent", when he himself has threatened students on multiple occasions.
they're not serious threats and the kids themselves know this. duh.

quote:

The list goes on of how bad a leader Logan actually is. In all honesty if I was in the X-Men or Avengers, I'd rather not even be on a team with Logan much less him him as my leader, field or otherwise.
none of that says anything about his leadership qualities really, as they don't involve him leading anyone into success or failure.

as for the matter of field leadership. logan is a better tactician, cyclops is a better strategist.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 10:41 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

I don't think Cyclops has ever really felt threatened by other team leaders. Most of them knew that he was the best guy for the job, and the one time he wasn't, he was being mentally influenced anyway.
remember those storm days? evil face

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 10:50 PM
Mindset

The only things these two will lead you in is a man's anus.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 11:26 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote