KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tony stark vs terrax

Tony stark vs terrax
Started by: rotiart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Tony stark vs terrax

Tony lays down and takes a direct blow from Terrax. How does he fare?

1. Tony has shields up
2. Tony has no shields up
3. Tony has shields up and terrax is being restrained by me fantastic.
4. Tony has no shields up and terrax is being restrained by me fantastic

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:45 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud Saw this coming...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Didn't Tony already win this fight like 20 years ago?

By putting his suit to absorbing energy, taunting Terrax and then reflecting it?

Or are we going off the idea that every single swing by Terrax is a planet-busting attack? lmao.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:48 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Better then messing up the character ownage thread.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:50 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by curryman
Didn't Tony already win this fight like 20 years ago?

By putting his suit to absorbing energy, taunting Terrax and then reflecting it?

Or are we going off the idea that every single swing by Terrax is a planet-busting attack? lmao.

Please read the op. this isn't a fight. Town lays down and is trying to tank a hit from Terrax. How does his armor and he stand up to a single hit.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:52 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

This is ridiculousness. It was an alternate Terrax who's power levels are unknown (be he greater or weaker than 616 Terrax) and not every time he swings his axe is he cleaving planets in half. He has the potential to sure but the fact he didnt destroy a planet, that Tony wasn't cut in half and I even think alternate Galactus was waiting to eat the planet (I think) means he wasn't swinging with 'ikllplanetslol' type strength.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:55 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by rotiart
Please read the op. this isn't a fight. Town lays down and is trying to tank a hit from Terrax. How does his armor and he stand up to a single hit.

Please read my post.

If you look past the word "fight" then you'll see that it's a perfect response to the stipulations.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:55 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

1.) Considering what his shields have stopped in the past with inferior models, he should be able to take it.
2.) The armor would be damaged.
3.) Definitely takes it.
4.) Armor would take damage.

Even without attributing planet cleaving power in each strike, which would be stupid, Terrax's axe has always been portrayed as formidable.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:58 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Re: Tony stark vs terrax

Originally posted by rotiart
Tony lays down and takes a direct blow from Terrax. How does he fare?

1. Tony has shields up
2. Tony has no shields up
3. Tony has shields up and terrax is being restrained by me fantastic.
4. Tony has no shields up and terrax is being restrained by me fantastic

1) Gets wrecked and barely survives
2) Dies
3) See 1
4) See 2

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 10:26 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by curryman
I take it you haven't met JakeTheBank.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:10 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
1.) Considering what his shields have stopped in the past with inferior models, he should be able to take it.
2.) The armor would be damaged.
3.) Definitely takes it.
4.) Armor would take damage.

Even without attributing planet cleaving power in each strike, which would be stupid, Terrax's axe has always been portrayed as formidable.

Of course! That's why when sentry chased stark down and attacked him stark was able to go head to head physically.... No wait he couldn't...

Or when Thor gets pissed at Tony we know tony stands a... Oh wait...

Or if tony decides to face off against a robot designed to take out the hulk. That robot wouldn't instantly disable only and yet get one shorted by the green one...

Or... Hrm sick

Tony's has high versatility sure. But it isn't taking a direct hit from terrax the tamer and coming out barely damaged. They'll be lucky if they can sew him back together enough to have a open casket for the guy

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 09:59 PM
TheLordofMurder

Re: Re: Tony stark vs terrax

Originally posted by zopzop
1) Gets wrecked and barely survives
2) Dies
3) See 1
4) See 2

thumb up

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 10:00 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote