KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Colossus with Mjolnir vs. Thor bare

Colossus with Mjolnir vs. Thor bare
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

Colossus with Mjolnir vs. Thor bare

I had a dream last night that Thor, seeking a challenge, gave Colossus his hammer to fight him.

Classic Colossus gets Mjolnir and has access only to its throwing, flying, and hitting abilities. That means he can strike with it any kind of way, take flight, and call it back. He can't affect the weather or anything else. He would use it mostly to strike and throw and not so much cheesy remote control stuff.

Thor has to fight bare handed with no lightning powers or anything else.
Thor cannot lift Mjolnir nor can he access it in any way.
Fight starts 20 feet away on a featureless environment.

Who wins?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 04:33 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Does colossus have experience with it? Like is he skilled with it or os he just swinging an throwing it around

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 04:39 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Thor. Interesting thread though.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 05:14 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Re: Colossus with Mjolnir vs. Thor bare

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
I had a dream last night that Thor, seeking a challenge, gave Colossus his hammer to fight him.

U sure do have a lot of comic book dreams.

It's a wonder u don't have much that involve threesomes with Supergirl and Sif. Or Maybe Wondy and Ms. Marvel. Or better yet Gamora and Starfire...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 05:26 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

If it comes to close combat thor wins, but if colossus keeps him at bay he can win if he can wear him down

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 05:42 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thor wins; even with Mjolnir, the strength gap is still far too large imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 05:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Colossus is skilled with it. I don't think the strength gap is that large in terms of Colossus durability vs Thor's punching strength.
Colossus has been hit my many Herald level strength beings. Thor is not going to one or two shot him. Not even close. Even Hulk said (in WWH) that he was a worthy opponent before (to Savage Hulk).

For LeonBuco666
Colossus has Thor's skills with throwing the hammer. Swinging it for a strike doesn't take much skill.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 06:15 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Yes ino it doesnt take much skill, but if he cant weild it efficiently then hes not gonna be able to do much with it but since hes skilled, then if it comes close quarters he could stand a chance if he keeps thor at bay he could wear him down gradually

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 06:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Colossus is skilled with it. I don't think the strength gap is that large in terms of Colossus durability vs Thor's punching strength.
Colossus has been hit my many Herald level strength beings. Thor is not going to one or two shot him. Not even close. Even Hulk said (in WWH) that he was a worthy opponent before (to Savage Hulk).

For LeonBuco666
Colossus has Thor's skills with throwing the hammer. Swinging it for a strike doesn't take much skill.

I could close this for spite, and neither mod would complain.

There's at least something of a substantial gap. Colossus having the hammer helps, sure, but it's not a miracle worker.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 06:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by -Pr-
I could close this for spite, and neither mod would complain.

There's at least something of a substantial gap. Colossus having the hammer helps, sure, but it's not a miracle worker.
I understand. But durability plays a role too. And Colossus has flight and can throw the hammer at Thor from a distance.

so how do you feel Namor and Thor would fare in h2h?
Many believe Namor can hold is own against a bare Thor but will eventually lose. .

Thing is able to hang with Namor in strength on a consistent basis.
Colossus is probably superior to Thing has beaten the Hulk in a fight before. Colossus has gone toe to toe with Gladiator (created initially to be a Superman clone for marvel).

Colossus is no slouch. Of course he's not on Thor's level but I don't see Thor blowing him out of the water considering his feats against physical peers.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 07:23 PM
Silent Master

Colossus' fight against Gladiator was before Kallark was shown to be an elite top tier...in fact IIRC Colossus ended up being KO'd by a falling building.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 07:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Colossus' fight against Gladiator was before Kallark was shown to be an elite top tier...in fact IIRC Colossus ended up being KO'd by a falling building.
But it's still canon. Also we have the fact that Gladiator was created to be Superman's equal. A Superman clone for marvel. At the time marvel wanted to show how well Colossus could do with Superman.

Colossus has strength feats of lifting tankers weighing at least 10,000 tons. He has beaten Hulk in a fight, overpowered Magneto, and has other feats to show he can at least hang with Thor in h2h for a while before losing.

Ulik, who is around Colossus level has hung with Thor (with Mjolnir) on multiple occasions.

Using Mjolnir gives him ranged attacks, flight, and amps his striking considerably. Let's not forget that Colossus has decent blunt force durability.

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 10th, 2013 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:10 PM
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor wins; even with Mjolnir, the strength gap is still far too large imo.

Don't agree. Having Thor hammer would give Colossus a strength increase. Lets use Storm as an example. The hammer changed her to the point that she was able to fight evenly against Thor. Giving Colossus the hammer would do the same thing.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:16 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I understand. But durability plays a role too. And Colossus has flight and can throw the hammer at Thor from a distance.

so how do you feel Namor and Thor would fare in h2h?
Many believe Namor can hold is own against a bare Thor but will eventually lose. .

Thing is able to hang with Namor in strength on a consistent basis.
Colossus is probably superior to Thing has beaten the Hulk in a fight before. Colossus has gone toe to toe with Gladiator (created initially to be a Superman clone for marvel).

Colossus is no slouch. Of course he's not on Thor's level but I don't see Thor blowing him out of the water considering his feats against physical peers.

Don't use ABC logic, please.

Namor is above both Thing and Colossus, so the point is moot anyway.

Originally posted by carver9
Don't agree. Having Thor hammer would give Colossus a strength increase. Lets use Storm as an example. The hammer changed her to the point that she was able to fight evenly against Thor. Giving Colossus the hammer would do the same thing.

Who says Colossus is being amped?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:27 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The hammer amps you to Thor levels.

It's basically Thor hammer less vs Metal Slower Thor with Mjolnir

Though that type of shit usually gives Thor DYNAMIC STRENGTH, but still

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:35 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't know that. Really should have been specified in the OP.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:36 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

It's never been shown to stack, but it's a good bet you're at basic Thor level if you're holding it

He who holds this hammer shall be granted the power of Thor or whatever the dick it says.

EDIT: Colossus gets the Loki treatment if he doesn't get Thor's strength. With it? He still might lose, but it's closer for sure.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Aug 10th, 2013 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:38 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Yea, if he grabs Mjolnir, he'd have basic Thor level stats. Colossus would be pretty much Angrir without the mind control if not even more powerful because Mjolnir's more awesome.

I think on average Colossus should win with such a large boost and the hammer but I can easily see in a comic Thor suddenly relying on speed/skill on wining. Or having one of his heavy metal moments and just pounding him down.

Ulik, who is around Colossus level has hung with Thor (with Mjolnir) on multiple occasions.

Based on what?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:43 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

What? laughing out loud rulk never had thors powers when he beat him nearly to death with it, the only thing it gives you of thors powers is the weather and the op already stated he couldnt do that, he can hit with it, fly with it and throw it

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:44 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
What? laughing out loud rulk never had thors powers when he beat him nearly to death with it, the only thing it gives you of thors powers is the weather and the op already stated he couldnt do that, he can hit with it, fly with it and throw it
Rulk wasn't worthy. It was gravity exploitation (that still made no sense)

But you're probably a reliable source.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2013 08:46 PM