KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » He-Man: THE SLUGFEST GAUNTLET

He-Man: THE SLUGFEST GAUNTLET
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

He-Man: THE SLUGFEST GAUNTLET

1.Colossus
2.Thing
3.Namor
4.Drax
5.Immortal Hercules
6.RULK
7.Wonder Man
8.Thor
9. Hulk
10.Hyperion

Master or Marvel?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 04:04 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Stops @5

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 04:16 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Clears it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 04:16 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Clears it. He gots tha POWAH!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 07:01 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

Clears

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 07:07 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Stops @5

Why does it stop at the immortal?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 09:29 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Stops at Hulk (who should be last on the list).

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 09:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by carver9
Stops at Hulk (who should be last on the list).

C'mon, you know better than that.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 12:58 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Clears or stops at Hyperion (Marvels 2nd Superman clone)

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 01:00 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I have a feeling that Ben is about to get a nice boost. As for this thread, several characters are in the wrong order. Hercules should be able to stalemate with the most recent depiction of He-Man, Thor would win, The Hulk would win, Hyperion would win, and the rest would be soundly defeated. Some worse than others. As I said before about Ben, I have a gut feeling that some changes are in store for him in the near future. I could be wrong, but...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 01:48 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why does it stop at the immortal?

Herc is skilled in h2h and hits hard enough to drop him.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 01:54 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Classic He-Man could clear. Maybe immortal Herc, maybe Hulk, maybe Hyperion could beat him. But I wouldn't bet against Prince Adam. He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him. And he was always as strong as he needed to be.

Current He-Man, who knows.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 02:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

His durability is fairly questionable though...

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 03:48 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by pym-ftw
His durability is fairly questionable though...

Yes and no. I'm actually one of the ones that perpetuated this argument on KMC, back when He-Man was a half-remembered 80's cartoon and no one had actual scans of him. When goober and I made the HM respect thread, it was the first time 80% of the forum wasn't just talking out of their ass.

He has more suspect durability showings than the others, true. But so does PC Supes, for example. Yet he'd run a train on this gauntlet. Now, I don't mention that because I'm going to talk about the fight against PC Supes (biggest non-feat in history on both sides, and worthless in a vs. context). But because the era he was from had more inherent PIS variability.

If we want to hold that against him, he probably loses a majority to 3/4 of this list. But he's also stronger than anyone on this list except perhaps the best versions of Hulk.

So...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 04:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Digi
He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him.
Blasphemy...heresay!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 04:53 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Classic He-Man could clear. Maybe immortal Herc, maybe Hulk, maybe Hyperion could beat him. But I wouldn't bet against Prince Adam. He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him. And he was always as strong as he needed to be.

Current He-Man, who knows.

The Hulk has always been the strongest one there is in terms of ownership of that slogan. He Man is a young character in comparison, unless you're going to tell me that he appeared in comics before his 1980's cartoon debut. Prince Adam (He-Man) has no real competition on Eternia because he has guys like Beast Man to kick around. What do you Think Thor would do to those guys?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 04:56 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Badabing
Blasphemy...heresay!

Hulk fan-wank is almost strong enough for you to be right these days. Still, as a walking strength plot device, even Big Green is behind in comparison to what Adam used to do. When "strong as he needs to be for any given challenge" is literally written into your power set (or was, at least), and the power source is a multiversal nexus, I think even Hulk's roids fall a bit flaccid.

Now, an argument could be made for Hulk > Adam in durability. And therein lies the debate. Or speed, with someone like Hyperion (though HM had bullet-time feats, minimum).

I don't have a He-Man dur smilie. So, conceded I guess.

embarrasment

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:00 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk has always been the strongest one there is in terms of ownership of that slogan. He Man is a young character in comparison, unless you're going to tell me that he appeared in comics before his 1980's cartoon debut. Prince Adam (He-Man) has no real competition on Eternia because he has guys like Beast Man to kick around. What do you Think Thor would do to those guys?

Not talking about literal ownership, but portrayal. Until about a decade ago, this wasn't even a contest. The absurdity Hulk fans are used to these days used to be sole property of He-Man, but in an era that could more willingly accept obvious violations of logic for the sake of plot.

Thor would win with Mjolnir. I think he has no chance H2H against He-Man. If you know how big a Thor fan I am, you know I don't say that lightly.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:03 AM
Badabing
Karen

Hulk fan-wank is almost strong enough for you to be right these days. Still, as a walking strength plot device, even Big Green is behind in comparison to what Adam used to do. When "strong as he needs to be for any given challenge" is literally written into your power set (or was, at least), and the power source is a multiversal nexus, I think even Hulk's roids fall a bit flaccid.

Now, an argument could be made for Hulk > Adam in durability. And therein lies the debate. Or speed, with someone like Hyperion (though HM had bullet-time feats, minimum).

I don't have a He-Man dur smilie. So, conceded I guess.

embarrasment
The power of compels you!

The few He Man comics I've read, plus your respect thread, points to Adam having a good shot in this thread.

We're going to have to get a He Man dur soon.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:06 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Badabing

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:08 AM