KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Panther vs. Black Manta

Black Panther vs. Black Manta
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Black Panther vs. Black Manta

1. Random encounter w/ standard gear
2. 1 day prep.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:43 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

1. BP due to the teleporter and vibranium knives should have an edge. Although Manta should be stronger and more durable. Anyway good fight but BP has to many feats that edge this one and his energy shield could counter (probably) the eye beams.

2. Manta has some really good prep and assassin skills, but BP is a genius with the resources of Wakanda. BP for the win.

The random encounter is the better fight.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 11:09 AM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silver_Lantern

quote: (post)
Originally posted by comicfan11
1. BP due to the teleporter and vibranium knives should have an edge. Although Manta should be stronger and more durable. Anyway good fight but BP has to many feats that edge this one and his energy shield could counter (probably) the eye beams.

2. Manta has some really good prep and assassin skills, but BP is a genius with the resources of Wakanda. BP for the win.

The random encounter is the better fight.
you are right but i would pick manta for fight one he is always prepared n usually with high tech weapons

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 11:28 AM
Silver_Lantern is currently offline Click here to Send Silver_Lantern a Private Message Find more posts by Silver_Lantern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
you are right but i would pick manta for fight one he is always prepared n usually with high tech weapons

Well Manta is most likely more durable and stronger but BP has the teleporter and vibranium equipment. He can get closer much easier and land some powerful hits.
Without the teleporter I miiight give Manta the slight edge, but BP is still faster and I think that's what counts here more. That and the fact that BP does not use normal weapons, but vibranium ones.

Manta has taken point blank sniper shots, drops from multiple stories and punches from Aquaman (all in the Others story ark in new 52), but vibranium is tricky. It's the equipment and speed IMO that give BP the slight edge in a random encounter.

It will be a very close fight anyway.

Last edited by comicfan11 on Oct 7th, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 11:35 AM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silver_Lantern

BP may have suit advantage n vibranium advantage let me put it dis way manta has better attack than defence but panther has better defence than attack so panther should be able to win through counter attack but i feel manta has a chance of winning

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 11:51 AM
Silver_Lantern is currently offline Click here to Send Silver_Lantern a Private Message Find more posts by Silver_Lantern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
BP may have suit advantage n vibranium advantage let me put it dis way manta has better attack than defence but panther has better defence than attack so panther should be able to win through counter attack but i feel manta has a chance of winning

Of course Manta can win.
I just give BP a slight majority due to his weapons and speed and also due to his history of good feats and taking enemies more powerful than BM.

Don't get me wrong Manta is one of my favorite characters.
I just show BP the respect he deserves.

And loosing (some not all) to BP is no knock on Manta. Current BP is clearly metahuman with crazy equip.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 12:01 PM
Silver_Lantern

Originally posted by comicfan11
Of course Manta can win.
I just give BP a slight majority due to his weapons and speed and also due to his history of good feats and taking enemies more powerful than BM.

Don't get me wrong Manta is one of my favorite characters.
I just show BP the respect he deserves.

And loosing (some not all) to BP is no knock on Manta. Current BP is clearly metahuman with crazy equip.
NICE!!!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 03:33 PM
Silver_Lantern

Both are actually one of the toughest non-superpowered beings in their respective universes

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 03:36 PM
Vanguard

Black Panther in both.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 04:27 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Does Panther have ranged attacks as good as Manta's?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 04:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Golgo13
Does Panther have ranged attacks as good as Manta's?

He has the energy daggers that can phase through force fields. Slugs that have lethal and non lethal settings he fires from his wrist. And who knows what else.......that's kind of how it is with Panther. His tech is formidable

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 05:06 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

BP

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 10:29 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

black panther ftw

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 01:12 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight. With no PIS involved, Manta should win.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 01:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

If battle stage is near water, BM takes both.
else,
BM 7/10.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 04:54 AM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Zack M
Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight. With no PIS involved, Manta should win.
What happen? Got scans?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 05:22 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Aquaman drowned.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 05:24 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Manta did no such thing to Aquaman.. tge minute Aquaman said he'd end the fight he did.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 02:07 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're challenging Golgo? Do you know who he is?

He's the president of DC Comics. More than 600 pages defending BvS in the movie forum, more than 140 defending Suicide Squad...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 02:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're challenging Golgo? Do you know who he is?

He's the president of DC Comics. More than 600 pages defending BvS in the movie forum, more than 140 defending Suicide Squad...
more than 10,000 defending Superman 64

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 03:23 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote