KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin
Started by: wolverinos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wolverinos
Restricted

Account Restricted

All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

who wins? no bfr

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 11:41 AM
wolverinos is currently offline Click here to Send wolverinos a Private Message Find more posts by wolverinos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Re: All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wolverinos
who wins? no bfr

Odin destroys Sentry w/ Void a lot better then what Thor did to him in Siegeroll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 11:48 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Odin stomps

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 12:48 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Igniz
Odin destroys Sentry w/ Void a lot better then what Thor did to him in Siegeroll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 12:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Re: Re: All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

Originally posted by Igniz

You are aware that in siege SENTRY wanted THOR to kill him and that he was actually trying to help him in doing so right? And did you not just see what he whimsically did to THOR in Uncanny Avengers? HATER

SENTRY wins

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 01:15 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

SENTRY wrecks Aasgard to pieces like he did in Siege and then beats up the crying old fool that is Odin.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 01:54 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Odin beats him in the Odin Sleep.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 01:56 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Re: Re: Re: All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

Originally posted by Tony Stark
You are aware that in siege SENTRY wanted THOR to kill him and that he was actually trying to help him in doing so right? And did you not just see what he whimsically did to THOR in Uncanny Avengers? HATER

SENTRY wins

This is a pathetic argument. If sentry wanted to die, Thor still wouldn't have been able to kill him if he didn't have the power to do so. Can toddler kill a grown man if the suicidal man asks him?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 04:43 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Bait thread.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 04:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Re: Re: Re: Re: All Out Sentry w/ Void VS Odin

Originally posted by Diesldude
This is a pathetic argument. If sentry wanted to die, Thor still wouldn't have been able to kill him if he didn't have the power to do so. Can toddler kill a grown man if the suicidal man asks him?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1/2180715-6.jpg

Let me quote Thor: "I must smite you down with all the power at my command."
Did it kill the Void? Hell no. This is what happened next:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1/2180716-7.jpg

Look at Thor's face. He had the same look in his eyes Ares had, before he got ripped apart:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1/2180703-7.jpg

Norman Osborn saved Thor by ordering the Void to bring down Asgard and he did so, before Thor even managed to raise his arm and throw throw Mjolnir. The speed difference between Thor and Sentry / Void should be obvious:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1/2180717-8.jpg

Then after the Norn stone upgrade and the heavy damage the heroes did on the Void + the Helicarrier nuke Void finally lost control for a while and Robert BEGGED to die and even when he started transforming back into the Void he was yelling and begging to be killed:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads.../2180748-15.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads.../2180749-16.jpg

Not even the biggest Thor fans should argue about the events of Siege at this point anymore. Bendis confirmed it as well:

CBR NEWS: In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there.

I think we've all met crazy people in our lives, and I think you learn pretty quickly that when you're dealing with a crazy person, you can't trust what they're saying to be true. Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did. He was a crazy person and maybe a drug addict, as the character's creator, Paul Jenkins, put out there. So not everything he was saying wasn't necessarily true. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I know that's difficult for some people, because when they read a story, they don't want to feel like they're being ****ed with. That character, though, was not in control of himself. There wasn't one second throughout the run of "Dark Avengers" where he was in control of himself.

Number two, yes, Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though.

Pay attention, folks: "IF HE DIDN'T WANT US TO KILL HIM, WE COULDN'T HAVE KILLED HIM."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:03 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^If we are to take Bendis' comments strictly at face value, then it's doubtful that the Sentry even had molecule manip in the first place, as this line demonstrates:
"Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did."

Edit: Also using this little tidbit:"There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away." would have been a much better way to hammer home your point as the other one is just Bendis mentioning a hypothetical Spider-Woman monologue in retrospect to the Sentry wanting to die being the only way to kill him.

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:19 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
^If we are to take Bendis' comments strictly at face value, then it's doubtful that the Sentry even had a molecule manip in the first place, as this line demonstrates:
"Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did."

Me adding the Sentry comment was just to support the events in the comic. In the comic we saw Thor being totally ineffective versus the Void and that's not like it happened for the first time:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1/2178871-5.jpg

We know that Void had Thor at his mercy and also some other characters and that the Sentry was most of the time there to save them. Not always, but most of the time.

And in the comic we also saw him talking about him having molecule manipulation and how he now knows how to control it. That's established. Does it have to be a fact? No. Maybe it's even reality warping, but for now it's molecule manipulation, because the comic said so.

And the comic also made it obvious that Thor was no match for the Void and that he only managed to kill him, after Robert Reynolds begged for it. I don't see how anyone can argue against it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:28 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^I edited my post.
Originally posted by Enzeru
And in the comic we also saw him talking about him having molecule manipulation and how he now knows how to control it. That's established. Does it have to be a fact? No. Maybe it's even reality warping, but for now it's molecule manipulation, because the comic said so.I don't see how anyone can argue against it.

Bendis disagrees with you:
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:40 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Odin wins

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:55 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

^I edited my post.

I saw the edit, but it didn't change my point of view.

The way I see it:

The comic itself made it obvious that the Void was superior and manhandling Thor. Even Thor's best shots had little to no effect on the Void. They started bursting Sentry's shell and the Void was leaking out more, but that was also it.

I buy the "Thor hold always back on Earth and uses only a third of his actual power", but then again, he said that he was attacking with all the power under his command, so that negates potential holding back.

Bendis supported it in the interview and that's the point. He didn't support the story of the Molecule Man instance in the interview, but spoke against it, therefore we go with what happened in the comic and there Sentry said that he can manipulate the molecules.

You can't make the argument that Thor straight up killed the Void for some reason, because he wasn't able to harm him prior to the final attack. The story backs it up. The writer backs it also up later on.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:20 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

I saw the edit, but it didn't change my point of view.

It wasn't really meant to change your point of view though. /shrugs

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:21 PM
dial J for Josh

Originally posted by Diesldude

Sigh. Are people still making this argument. I am not trying to insult anyone but for those who actually believe this are illiterate fools. The dialogue and scenario clearly state otherwise. This is so apparent to the point where I won't even debate about it. All I have to say is read the issue for yourself.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:30 PM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

It wasn't really meant to change your point of view though. /shrugs

If I could Bane your back right now, I would do it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:31 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

If I could Bane your back right now, I would do it.

You're welcome to try. When you end up with a broken knee(like countless others before you), don't say that I didn't warn you. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:34 PM
The Sorrow

Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Sigh. Are people still making this argument. I am not trying to insult anyone but for those who actually believe this are illiterate fools. The dialogue and scenario clearly state otherwise. This is so apparent to the point where I won't even debate about it. All I have to say is read the issue for yourself.

You will find that the characters who are generally liked by the masses will get a free pass while the others (Sentry being a perfect example) will have their feats picked to death and disrespected. Pretty much because he shitted over most peoples favourite characters.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:40 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote