KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Supernova goes off, what happens?

Supernova goes off, what happens?
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Supernova goes off, what happens?

Supernova goes off (Inspired by the Tsar bomb thread)

The following characters are standing in the first planet closest to the sun when a nova explosion goes off

Thor B&T
WBH
Juggernaut 8th day
Sentry
Human Torch (on fire at max output)
Thanos (Imperative)
Captain Marvel DC (Pre FP)
Gladiator
Superman (Pre FP)
Orion (Pre FP)
Silver Surfer (Annihilation)
Fernus

They can brace but they cannot use any type of shields or phasing their body has to withstand the explosion, body has to be intact, who can do it?

Bonus round

Same characters facing a SUPERNOVA

(please log in to view the image)

Just to give you an idea of what We are talking about

Imagine the Tsar bomb will do nothing to earth

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Dec 12th, 2013 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:29 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dial J for Josh

I can see the vast majority of these characters survive. Also this should'nt cause any kind of critical damage to Kal correct? Perhaps the initial impact of the explosion can cause some disorientation but if anything he would benefit from being at a range that close right?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:38 PM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Eh, most of them have feats to suggest they'd survive and feats suggesting they'd die horribly.

Should be noted, though, that our Sun is not large enough to go supernova. From what my 10 second google search showed, a star would have to be 8-10x larger than ours to go supernova, just for better comparison sake.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:38 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pfft, they all die. A supernova represents LT's "ultimate punishment", after all.
http://imgur.com/qL2Ltaa
http://imgur.com/wHgZTd8

smart

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think they'd almost all survive, but half of them would be unconscious from the blast/debris. The one that I'd be most worried about would be Human Torch. The heat wouldn't be as much of an issue as much as the shockwave, etc, and I'm not certain he's durable enough to withstand that as well as all of the debris from Mercury exploding.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:41 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Pfft, they all die. A supernova represents LT's "ultimate punishment", after all.
http://imgur.com/qL2Ltaa
http://imgur.com/wHgZTd8

smart

Enzeru logic FTW.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:48 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Re: Supernova goes off, what happens?

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
The following characters are standing in the first planet closest to the sun when a nova explosion goes off:

There is a serious lack of Squirrel Girl in the upcoming line-up, son.

Thor B&T

He survives it, but the explosion would send him flying away - his suit would get torn apart and his shlong would wave around.

"Weaker versions" have supposedly tanked shots with the might of 1000 suns or something like that and he has taken shots from Celestials before.

WBH

He will survive it. His pants will stay untouched of course, as always, since they're one of the most powerful artifacts in the Marvel universe.

I would even go as far to say that he will survive it completely unharmed. Gladiator, whose Heat Vision is supposed to be hotter than the sun managed to burn through Hulk's chest, but it took him time and Hulk immediately started healing back.
World Breaker Hulk should be at a level of regeneration where the energy and the heat shouldn't penetrate his skin faster than he can heal.

Juggernaut 8th day

Easily takes it and stays unharmed during the process (if he is not jobbing terribly).

Sentry

High end feats suggest that he might be able to take some of the damage, but he would get harmed badly - to a point, where you could see his bones and so on - from there on he could regenrate back.

At average he gets annihilated by the explosion and re-appears shortly after.

Human Torch (on fire at max output)

Hyperbole will probably have him at a level, where he could handle it all, but I personally simply don't see it happening :-7 At that point heat wouldn't be his only problem, but more so the destructive energy levels.

Thanos (Imperative)

Takes it easily, but I kinda don't see his battle armor taking all of the damage - it should get destroyed for the most part.

Captain Marvel DC

To my knowledge he never encountered such a level of destruction. If he truly is Superman's equal, he should be able to tank the damage.

I personally would say that he wouldn't be able to absorb the damage and would get hurt badly, maybe even killed. But maybe that's also because I'm not aware of his best durability feats.

Gladiator

See above - same with Captain Marvel.

Superman

Tanks it, but gets knocked out.
He has taken supernovas to the face - one of them was supposedly 50 times more powerful than a regular supernova.
One supernova and him not being THAT near the explosion should even keep his suit in tact.

Orion

There is literally nothing I know about that character. I was never into the New Gods.

Silver Surfer

It's Silver Surfer. He had to deal with stuff like that before by simply surfing around I guess :-|
The explosion would blow him away, but I could see him staying conscious.

Fernus

Martian Manhunter never struck me as someone, who has a Superman level durability. What makes him hard to beat is his healing factor / his regeneration.
The amped up Martian Manhunter = Fernus ... damn, dunno, could go either way IMO.

IMPORTANT: Take all of that with a grain of salt :-| It's just my perception of the durability (at best) of the character. I could be wrong... it happened once before, so keep it cool.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:52 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Human Torch dies. Not because of the Heat, but because the shockwave, radiation, etc...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 04:53 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:00 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Re: Re: Supernova goes off, what happens?

Originally posted by Enzeru
There is a serious lack of Squirrel Girl in the upcoming line-up, son.

He survives it, but the explosion would send him flying away - his suit would get torn apart and his shlong would wave around.

"Weaker versions" who are still 1000000000 times stronger than that punk SENTRY! Have supposedly tanked shots with the might of 1000 suns or something like that and he has taken shots from Celestials before.

He will survive it. His pants will stay untouched of course, as always, since they're one of the most powerful artifacts in the Marvel universe.

I would even go as far to say that he will survive it completely unharmed. Gladiator, whose Heat Vision is supposed to be hotter than the sun managed to burn through Hulk's chest, but it took him time and Hulk immediately started healing back.
World Breaker Hulk should be at a level of regeneration where the energy and the heat shouldn't penetrate his skin faster than he can heal.

Easily takes it and stays unharmed during the process (if he is not jobbing terribly).

High end feats suggest that he might be able to take some of the damage, but he would get harmed badly - to a point, where you could see his bones and so on - from there on he could regenrate back.

At average he gets annihilated by the explosion and re-appears shortly after.

Hyperbole will probably have him at a level, where he could handle it all, but I personally simply don't see it happening :-7 At that point heat wouldn't be his only problem, but more so the destructive energy levels.

Takes it easily, but I kinda don't see his battle armor taking all of the damage - it should get destroyed for the most part.

To my knowledge he never encountered such a level of destruction. If he truly is Superman's equal, he should be able to tank the damage.

I personally would say that he wouldn't be able to absorb the damage and would get hurt badly, maybe even killed. But maybe that's also because I'm not aware of his best durability feats.

See above - same with Captain Marvel.

Tanks it, but gets knocked out.
He has taken supernovas to the face - one of them was supposedly 50 times more powerful than a regular supernova.
One supernova and him not being THAT near the explosion should even keep his suit in tact.

There is literally nothing I know about that character. I was never into the New Gods.

It's Silver Surfer. He had to deal with stuff like that before by simply surfing around I guess :-|
The explosion would blow him away, but I could see him staying conscious.

Martian Manhunter never struck me as someone, who has a Superman level durability. What makes him hard to beat is his healing factor / his regeneration.
The amped up Martian Manhunter = Fernus ... damn, dunno, could go either way IMO.

IMPORTANT: Take all of that with a grain of salt :-| It's just my perception of the durability (at best) of the character. I could be wrong... it happened once before, so keep it cool.

I pretty much agree with this 95%. Except I dont think anyone here is totally unharmed. And Torch dies. Absolutely. Everytime. I personall would like to see all of these characters at a powerlevel where they die from this explosion but thats just me.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 12th, 2013 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:05 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Majority if them survive. A couple of them get amped from it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stranglehold300
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good post Enzeru

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:08 PM
Stranglehold300 is currently offline Click here to Send Stranglehold300 a Private Message Find more posts by Stranglehold300 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I dont agree with Enzeru sayin Thor is that much stronger than Sentry but oh well.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:09 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:09 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One-Punch
Surfer does this:

You mean he outraces the destruction?

stick out tongue

Attachment: ss_v3_145_20b.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:22 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

They all survive except HT.

There are 4 things that job MIGHTILY in comics :
1) TP. It never works even though it should be an auto win against a non telepath
2) Black Holes. This one doesn't need explanation.
3) Stars (this includes them going nova). For some reason, being punched by Hulk or Thor causes more Heralds harm than an exploding star.
4) Transmutation. HTF isn't this an autowin? People have their MOLECULES turned to salt or sand and still their "healing factor" cures them. HOW?!

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:22 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop

1) TP. It never works even though it should be an auto win against a non telepath
3) Stars (this includes them going nova). For some reason, being punched by Hulk or Thor causes more Heralds harm than an exploding star.
4) Transmutation. HTF isn't this an autowin? People have their MOLECULES turned to salt or sand and still their "healing factor" cures them. HOW?!

Pfft, superman reverses transmutation by sheer willpower.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:26 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by abhilegend
Pfft, superman reverses transmutation by sheer willpower.

If he was fighting off the effect as it was transforming him, I'd have no problem with that. It's when the person succumbs completely and they are already fully transmuted to another substance, like stone, sand, salt, whatever, and THEN revert back due to 'healing factor' or similar reason that makes no phucking sense.

I mean their MOLECULES are now inorganic matter. How would a healing factor function since they aren't even organic anymore? So much fail in comics. It's actually aggravating just thinking about it.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:31 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would like to point out that Supes never took a 50x supernova to the face:
http://i.imgur.com/asxKmH4.jpg
The absolute most you could argue is that he withstood the electromagnetic shockwave generated by the explosion-- but the radiation itself(the particularly dangerous part of the blast) never actually touched him before he was saved. If it had, Supes would have been "incinerated."

That said, I do believe he can survive a supernova. He's certainly not going to tank it, mind you... But he would survive.

_______

As for Torch, it's like others have said: the heat wouldn't hurt him(he's withstood Planck temperature, after all), but the shockwaves/planetary debris and so forth would probably kill him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 12th, 2013 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

If he was fighting off the effect as it was transforming him, I'd have no problem with that. It's when the person succumbs completely and they are already fully transmuted to another substance, like stone, sand, salt, whatever, and THEN revert back due to 'healing factor' or similar reason that makes no phucking sense.

I mean their MOLECULES are now inorganic matter. How would a healing factor function since they aren't even organic anymore? So much fail in comics. It's actually aggravating just thinking about it.

Maaaan. Big phucking ditto on "healing factors" reversing the effects of transmutation. Only of slightly lessor annoyance is a person resisting powerful TP via "will power" or "rage". I've always thought of powerful tp as complete domination of a victims neurons etc. WTF does "will power" have to do with countering that?

As for black holes and exploding stars etc. If I were editor in chief @ Marvel or DC, no one short or skyfather is surviving shit like that unless they have some sort of power set advantage. It just phucks up any of the suspension of disbelief limits that I have reserved for comic book entertainment.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 12th, 2013 at 05:48 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2013 05:42 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote