KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nekron (Blackest Night) Vs Blight (Forever Evil)

Nekron (Blackest Night) Vs Blight (Forever Evil)
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Nekron (Blackest Night) Vs Blight (Forever Evil)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

How does Nekron not sodomize Blight with his scythe in spiteful fashion?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:58 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
How does Nekron not sodomize Blight with his scythe in spiteful fashion?

How does Nekron destroy evil?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Golgo13
How does Nekron destroy evil?

He was about to annihilate all life in the universe till his link to mainstream DC was severed. Nekron can strike out at Blight (by killing all living things), Blight can't do anything to Nekron.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 04:29 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He was about to annihilate all life in the universe till his link to mainstream DC was severed. Nekron can strike out at Blight (by killing all living things), Blight can't do anything to Nekron.

That doesn't mean he can kill or defeat the embodiment of evil.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 04:38 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Sure it does.

Evil has no meaning to non living things. Nekron could have and WOULD have killed every living being in the universe if his link to mainstream DCU wasn't severed. Bye bye evil.

What's Blight gonna do to Nekron? Nothing.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:04 AM
Cogito

I would wait until we see how Blight is defeated before jumping to conclusions. So far, Nekron has displayed superior firepower.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:05 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Sure it does.

Evil has no meaning to non living things. Nekron could have and WOULD have killed every living being in the universe if his link to mainstream DCU wasn't severed. Bye bye evil.

Nekron doesn't have the feats to destroy all life in the universe. And Blight isn't going to let him do that anyway.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:16 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Nekron doesn't have the feats to destroy all life in the universe.

**cough*** Blackest Night *** cough***

quote:
And Blight isn't going to let him do that anyway.

And what can he possibly do to stop him?

Nekron wins.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:32 AM
Senor Cage

**cough*** Blackest Night *** cough***

And what can he possibly do to stop him?

Nekron wins. [/B]

What did he do? I forgot.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:34 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

What did he do? I forgot.

He was about to kill the White Entity and as he struck it all living things across the universe felt pain. Even the White Entity couldn't stop him, the only way they took Nekron down was by severing his connection to Black Hand. Then Nekron was BFRed back into his realm.

From what we've seen from Blight so far, he's out of his league here.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:41 AM
Senor Cage

He was about to kill the White Entity and as he struck it all living things across the universe felt pain. Even the White Entity couldn't stop him, the only way they took Nekron down was by severing his connection to Black Hand. Then Nekron was BFRed back into his realm.

From what we've seen from Blight so far, he's out of his league here.

If he killed all evil, then wouldn't he kill himself in the process? Nekron is evil, right?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 06:45 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

If he killed all evil, then wouldn't he kill himself in the process? Nekron is evil, right?

No. Even Geoff Johns said he's not evil more of a "get off my lawn" type of character.

Plus he's soulless, hence why Spectre couldn't judge him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 07:19 AM
basilisk

Sure it does.

What about evil robots? I mean sentient evil robots not just average robots serving an evil master. Evil A.I.? Must be something like that in the DC universe.

Does that constitute life that would have been killed by Nekron? And if not wouldn't it continue to spread evil, perhaps against 'good' robots/A.I.

What about entities like GEB or DCnU equivalent, which are by definition evil? Can Nekron get rid of them? Or evil angels, demons etc?

I really don't know anything about Blight.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 01:06 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Lol this jumped the gun.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 01:10 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by basilisk
What about evil robots? I mean sentient evil robots not just average robots serving an evil master. Evil A.I.? Must be something like that in the DC universe.

Does that constitute life that would have been killed by Nekron? And if not wouldn't it continue to spread evil, perhaps against 'good' robots/A.I.

What about entities like GEB or DCnU equivalent, which are by definition evil? Can Nekron get rid of them? Or evil angels, demons etc?

I really don't know anything about Blight.

Nekron would have wiped the universe clean of life. "Evil" robots (assuming they can be evil in the way living beings are) wouldn't pose a problem to a universal abstract if he wanted to ice them now would they?

GEB is so far above Nekron and Blight it's pointless bringing him up in a discussion involving these two. He's safely beyond either of their influence.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 02:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Where feats are concerned, Nekron definitely wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2014 at 03:17 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Imo, there's no arguing that Nekron is more significant/powerful than Blight.

Remember that Blight is the evil only in humanity, not more. It's been continually stated in the arc, here's 2 scans (and i could post a half dozen more) confirming it:

http://i.imgur.com/zv90Ozq.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/P0AOl5g.jpg?1

-------------

While Nekron? Nekron is the darkness before existence, a GL issue (BN tie-in) tells us his origins:

http://i.imgur.com/g8LdsyE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vsqEnVu.jpg

Nekron is the manifested darkness before existence itself.

Johns confirmed that prior to that; in an interview:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08...ermind-revealed

"He (Nekron) is the darkness."

So you be the judge, and tell us who's more significant. smile

Nekron doesn't have the feats to destroy all life in the universe. And Blight isn't going to let him do that anyway.

He does, apart from the facts that Zop mentioned. Nekron empowered Krona with the power to destroy/uncreate the whole universe back in Tales of the GL corps (remember i told you this a few days ago in another thread?). He couldn't do that himself since he wasn't able to leave his dimension (that's generally his weakness, and it's always how he's defeated in all his stories, by sealing him away in his dimension). Here are the scans:

http://i.imgur.com/pZI9k9t.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/TqiGbv0.jpg?1

This showing is canon, post crisis-wise as well.

That's not to say that Blight is unimpressive; on the contrary, i was impressed with Blight, but i just don't believe that he's on Nekron's level. At least not as of now (and i doubt the case will change).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:16 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by operator616
Imo, there's no arguing that Nekron is more significant/powerful than Blight.

Remember that Blight is the evil only in humanity, not more. It's been continually stated in the arc, here's 2 scans (and i could post a half dozen more) confirming it:

http://i.imgur.com/zv90Ozq.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/P0AOl5g.jpg?1
While this is true, this also makes it sound like Blight is a planet-level force. But given his trouncing of Phantom Stranger(who appeared equal to Spectre), he's certainly a LOT more than that.

He's still no Nekron, though. Not yet, at least.

Originally posted by operator616
While Nekron? Nekron is the darkness before existence, a GL issue (BN tie-in) tells us his origins:

http://i.imgur.com/g8LdsyE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vsqEnVu.jpg

Nekron is the manifested darkness before existence itself.

Johns confirmed that prior to that; in an interview:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08...ermind-revealed

"He (Nekron) is the darkness."

So you be the judge, and tell us who's more significant. smile
Confirmed again here:
(please log in to view the image)

There are more examples, of course, but these are the most blatant/explicit among them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Galan007
While this is true, this also makes it sound like Blight is a planet-level force. But given his trouncing of Phantom Stranger(who appeared equal to Spectre), he's certainly a LOT more than that.

He's still no Nekron, though. Not yet, at least.

I was mostly commenting on the scale of the concept he represents. But yeah, you're right that being > PS, definitely makes him above planet-level, power-wise.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 03:34 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote