KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Avangers vs JLA- With a Twist

Avangers vs JLA- With a Twist
Started by: jaxthejester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Tongue Avangers vs JLA- With a Twist

(Kudos to the boys at Mickeys Tavern for this idea.)

"Justice League vs Avengers... using their opponents favorite toys!"

Captain America with a GL Ring.
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers.
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.
Quasar with the Speed Force.
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow.

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield.
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir.
Flash with the Quantum Bands.
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor.
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver.

Back Drop :
The teams have their gear switched by a playful Cosmic Entity, right before they are about to engage in a random encounter battle. So no Prep Time
Neither side has working knowledge of the other person's gear. They must figure it out themselves. If the gear provides them with some degree of intrinsic knowledge (such as Cosmic Awareness), then they start with said rudimentary knowledge of how their stuff works. But they still lack refinement and experience.
Jarvis is online in Iron Man's armor, but is not keyed to Stark's commands. It will obey it's new owner.
Wonder Woman is considered worthy to hold Mjolnir. It grants her the same boost it gave Beta Ray Bill.
Thor still has his standard Thor powers too, along with Dianna's gear.
Both archers have a large variety of trick arrows, but no way to know what they do until they shoot them.
Batman is put in street clothes. No Gadgets, save for Cap's Shield.

Win Conditions :
No BFR.
K.O., Kill, Surrender, or Detain for a win.
Last man standing wins it for their team.
DC characters are at Classic/Pre-Flash Point levels.

Which team adapts better to this sudden change?

Come visit Mickeys Tavern!

Just Google "Mickeys Tavern Comics"
Or click my Avatar and click on my "Home Page."
We would love to see you there!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 11:38 PM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Thor raises his hand and gets Mjoinir back, and that is about it...

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 03:23 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor raises his hand and gets Mjoinir back, and that is about it...

Fun idea... but wouldn't work in this scenario. WW is worthy and retains the Hammer in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill. She can will it right back to herself.

Thor would need to knock her out and take it back by force if he wants it. wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 07:46 PM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

When you say they don't have working knowledge, do you mean they have no experience or they have zero knowledge whatsoever.

e.g.
Does Cap know the ring isn't just jewelry that talks to him? Does Diana know Mjolnir isn't just a hammer? Does Thor know about the bracers/lasso's general powersets? etc.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 07:55 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Avengers should win

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 08:41 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by Cogito
When you say they don't have working knowledge, do you mean they have no experience or they have zero knowledge whatsoever.

e.g.
Does Cap know the ring isn't just jewelry that talks to him? Does Diana know Mjolnir isn't just a hammer? Does Thor know about the bracers/lasso's general powersets? etc.

Zero knowledge, beyond what they can work out for themselves.

This would be akin to giving a new Origin power to an established character, and having them try to puzzle it out during combat.

Cap will know little about the ring, until it reacts to his needs and manifests what I assume would likely be a green giant shield.
Dianna would be infused with power in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill was; I imagine she would notice an immediate massive power increase (akin to what Supes felt in the DC/JLA cross over when he held Thor's hammer).
Thor would know little about the lasso, aside from the quickly gained knowledge that it does not break (and other such incidentals).

big grin

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 08:48 PM
Cogito

Stips heavily favor JLA then.

Cap's useless, rings don't come with cosmic awareness. He wouldn't even know they can make constructs. Best thing he has going is auto-shields.

Thor takes a heavy hit...he would not be at all effective with the lasso/bracers.

Tony...going hand to hand? Yawn.

Quasar may or may not do alright. Definitely doesn't know flash facts though.

and Hawkeye is totally unaffected by the switch.

Meanwhile Batman continues to perform about the same as before, WW gets a huge boost, Flash probably does alright, Hal does decently with Jarvis helping, and Ollie is unaffected.

'Be.'

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 08:55 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaxthejester
Zero knowledge, beyond what they can work out for themselves.

This would be akin to giving a new Origin power to an established character, and having them try to puzzle it out during combat.

Cap will know little about the ring, until it reacts to his needs and manifests what I assume would likely be a green giant shield.
Dianna would be infused with power in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill was; I imagine she would notice an immediate massive power increase (akin to what Supes felt in the DC/JLA cross over when he held Thor's hammer).
Thor would know little about the lasso, aside from the quickly gained knowledge that it does not break (and other such incidentals).

big grin

Nevermind. JLA stomps

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:50 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Jax's interpretation of how this fight would play out:

Captain America: Watch out Avengers. They have our gear!
Batman: Careful Leaguers. They’ve somehow switched weapons with us.
Stark: Aww… why am dressed in Grey Spandex and Rubber?
Batman: Because you have my prop costume from "Batman Forever."
Stark: I got stuck with the Movie-Verse costume?
Batman: Yes. I wore it in place of my real gear knowing you would be stuck with it.
Stark: How could you have known?
Batman: I am all that is Prep.
Green Arrow: This bow is ludicrously over complicated.
Hawkeye: This bow sucks!
Stark: This costume sucks. Clint, shoot a warning shot at the feet of that other archer!
Hawkeye: On it! *twang*
KER-BOOM!!!
Captain America: Clint! …you …you just shot a miniature nuclear warhead at him…
Hawkeye: …oops?
Thor: Verily. I doth have bits of Green Archer on my… Tiera? The God of Thunder doth not wear a Tiera!
Hawkeye: That’s not where I keep my Stun Arrows… this quiver sucks!
Wonder Woman: Ollie?
Thor: Nor does he use a Golden Lasso! Those villains hath womanized me!
Wonder Woman: They blew up Ollie! And that over-sized cross dresser stole my Lasso!
Thor: Bah! Return Mjolnir to me, wench… For Asgard!!!
Wonder Woman: Give me back my Bracers… For Paradise Island!!!
*Smash Crunch Bash!!!*
Cap: Wow. They are really going at it.
Hal Jordan: The woman loves her Bracers…
*Slam Smack Whip*
Batman: Look! They have become entangled in the Lasso of Truth!
Hal Jordan: Then this battle is over. The Golden Lasso will end this mindless conflict with the power of Truth!
*Smack Slap… Slap*
Flash: Err… what are they doing?
Batman: Wrestling?
*Slap Slap Slap*
Stark: That’s not wrestling!
Batman: What madness is this?
Hal Jordan: It’s the Lasso… it has forced the Truth from them…
Batman: What truth?
Hal: …they make a cute couple?
*Slap Slap Slap*
Captain America: Put away your phone Clint. This is no time for photos.
Hawkeye: No can do. Which one is winning? *snaps photo*
Cap: Err…draw?
Flash: Enough of this! I’m disarming that murdering Bow-Boy at Flash-Speed!
*Stomp Stomp Stomp*
Flash: Dude. What the hell? I only moved like four feet…
Jarvis: Sir, perhaps you should fire an energy burst to disrupt them? Power Cells are at 100%.
Hall Jordan: Gwahh!!! What the Hell was that?
Batman: What is it, Hal?
Hall Jordan: I think your Butler is stuck in here with me…
*Zooooooooom!!!*
Flash: Oh, God. No! Professor Zoom is back!
*Sweeeeeeeet!!!*
Flash: That didn’t sound like Zoom…
*Gunnnnaaaa Getchhaaaaa!*
Hall Jordan: Alfred is telling me that those energy signatures don’t belong to either of the Zooms.
*Weeeeeeeee!!!! SLAP!*
Batman: Owch! Something just Pimp-Slapped me!
Flash: JLA, get down. The metal bands are raging with energy. I’m firing a full powered blast at the Avengers!
Quasar: Noooooo youuuuuuu don’tttttt!!!
*SLAP!*
Flash: Owch! He’s using the Speed Force to slap the Buh-Jeezus out of us!
Batman: Counter measures! Counter measures!
Flash: Right! No one knows the Speed Force like me. Time for some Quantum Justice!
Quasar: Nooooo oneee knowwwwssss theeee Q-Forrrrce liiiike meee! Speeeeeed Tiiimmeee!
*Zooooooooom…. BONK!!!*
Batman: Did they… did they just double K.O.?
Hal Jordan: Yep. Your butler is telling me that they cracked their heads together at light speed.
Stark: Ooh. That’s gonna leave a mark...
Hawkeye: That’s two down! Time for a celebration fireworks arrow!
Captain America: Clint! Nooooooo!
KER-BOOM!!!
Hal Jordan: What was that? The other archer just blew up!
Batman: That was Ollie’s self-destructing “Suicide Arrow.”
Hal Jordan: Why in the hell would he own that?
Batman: *Shrugs*
Stark: …Clint…
Wonder Woman: Did you hear something?
Thor: Aye! The sound of my mighty “Hammering!”
*Slap Slap Slap*
Captain America: Get a room!
Batman: So… it comes down to us. Give it up Avengers. I have your Shield. Hal has your Armor.
Captain America: I don’t think so, buster! I have your ring!
*Bloop!*
Batman: …and you just used it to manifest yet another small circular shield. Still attached to your arm even. Huh.
Captain America: That’s right, bucko!
Stark: And I have… movie props from “Batman Forever.” Why does this Boomerang look like a bat? It’s an aerodynamic disaster!
Batman: No, you just need to know how to throw them.
Stark: Then why is this silver one attached to a remote control? What exactly is the purpose of a slow moving remote controlled metal projectile?
Batman: …look, I didn’t write the script...
Hal Jordan: Enough! Surrender now or I’m using this Power Suit to blast you back to “Marvel THEN.”
Stark: Jarvis?
Jarvis: Yes sir.
Stark: Remote Power Down.
Jarvis: Yes sir.
Hal Jordan: …crap. Well, it’s still better than your lame-ass rubber suit!
Batman: Hey!
Hal Jordan and Stark: You’re a dead man!
*Clomp Clomp Clomp!*
*Squeek Squeek Squeek!*
*THUD!*
Captain America: And another double K.O.
Batman: *Face Palms* …Yep.
Captain America: *Looks at his new green shield. Looks at Batman holding his old Shield*
Captain America: It would appear that we are at a draw…
Batman: It would? …I mean YES. It would! A draw it is!
Captain America: So be it. Trade back?
Batman: Really? …I mean, agreed. Trade back.
*swaps ring for shield*
Batman: Ha! You are soooo hosed now.
Captain America: But you said draw...
Batman: Yeh... I lied. It's an Angry Emo thing.
*ZOT!*
Wonder Woman: Now I KNOW that I heard something!
Thor: It’s called Thunder, woman! Thunder!
Wonder Woman: Braggart! I'll crush your "Thunder" like a pair of grapes!
*Slap Slap Slap*
Batman: …Yep. Walking away now. Self BFR FTW. Walking away.
Captain America: …ouch. And… yuck...*passes out*
*Slap Slap Slap Slap Slap Slap*

Final Vote: Draw?

Yeh. We’ll go with Draw. smokin'

Last edited by jaxthejester on Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:14 AM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

I'm crying

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:22 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I'm crying

stick out tongue It's a Jester thing.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 01:08 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Captain America with a GL Ring: Resorts to make CA green shields to throw around and a squad of emerald ww2 soldiers constructs
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers: He will look funny and further ridicule on KMC, but on a serious note, he will just try to punch his way out and will put little or no attention to the lasso's powers
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.: He will make a gadget out of Batman's gadgets
Quasar with the Speed Force: He will do OK, I guess
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow: Not bothered by the switch at all

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield: throws it as a batarang and uses it from time to time to protect himself, most likely he will end up finding some use for it
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir, she gets a boost and is the most benefited in the switch
Flash with the Quantum Bands: He will do alright I guess and will exploit or try to exploit the speed he can achieve with the bands, could make some "flash constructs"
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor: He could fly this thing, he is a test pilot, so testing new equipment is his thing, he will do all right, IMO
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver: not affected by the switch at all.

I think JLA odds looks better

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 02:18 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Stips heavily favor JLA then.

Cap's useless, rings don't come with cosmic awareness. He wouldn't even know they can make constructs. Best thing he has going is auto-shields.

Thor takes a heavy hit...he would not be at all effective with the lasso/bracers.
They might.

But Cap' acclimated to powers in many breadths and forms. He's never displayed an inability to adapt, the opposite really. And at least in the New 52, GL rings appear to react to the user's desires, as shown by Simon Baz's debut. While I don't think Cap would be be an expert right off the bat, he'd be as defensive as any and, at the very least, be formidable in close combat with constructs. He's not completely inexperienced with creating constructs as he did use his photonic energy shield to produce various weapons in the past.

You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at.
Tony...going hand to hand? Yawn.
It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant.
Quasar may or may not do alright. Definitely doesn't know flash facts though.

and Hawkeye is totally unaffected by the switch.

Meanwhile Batman continues to perform about the same as before, WW gets a huge boost, Flash probably does alright, Hal does decently with Jarvis helping, and Ollie is unaffected.
Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 02:39 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Captain America with a GL Ring: Resorts to make CA green shields to throw around and a squad of emerald ww2 soldiers constructs
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers: He will look funny and further ridicule on KMC, but on a serious note, he will just try to punch his way out and will put little or no attention to the lasso's powers
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.: He will make a gadget out of Batman's gadgets
Quasar with the Speed Force: He will do OK, I guess
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow: Not bothered by the switch at all

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield: throws it as a batarang and uses it from time to time to protect himself, most likely he will end up finding some use for it
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir, she gets a boost and is the most benefited in the switch
Flash with the Quantum Bands: He will do alright I guess and will exploit or try to exploit the speed he can achieve with the bands, could make some "flash constructs"
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor: He could fly this thing, he is a test pilot, so testing new equipment is his thing, he will do all right, IMO
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver: not affected by the switch at all.

I think JLA odds looks better

Very nice breakdown, my friend. Well said.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 11:41 AM
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by ODG
They might.

But Cap' acclimated to powers in many breadths and forms. He's never displayed an inability to adapt, the opposite really. And at least in the New 52, GL rings appear to react to the user's desires, as shown by Simon Baz's debut. While I don't think Cap would be be an expert right off the bat, he'd be as defensive as any and, at the very least, be formidable in close combat with constructs. He's not completely inexperienced with creating constructs as he did use his photonic energy shield to produce various weapons in the past.

You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at. It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant. Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?

Also some very fine points.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 11:43 AM
carver9

JLA wins.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Unless they master the new items quickly this is Diana vs Thor h2h very quickly.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:46 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by ODG
They might.

I have no doubt Cap could be quite formidable with a GL ring. But per the OP, he has literally zero knowledge. He doesn't know the ring can make constructs, he doesn't know it can shoot energy, all he knows is that it's a green ring and it's probably going to talk to him a little bit when he puts it on. If he knew it could make constructs, then I'm sure he could make them. I'm just not sure why he would be able to do anything when all he knows is that it's a piece of jewelry. Baz at least had some basic knowledge of the ring as everyone in the DCU does, from having seen them in action before.

Originally posted by ODG
You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at.

Just don't see Thor using them at all erm
He'd go hand to hand with Diana, and get rocked.

Originally posted by ODG
It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant.

Good for a regular human, absolutely. Good for here? Not even close.

Originally posted by ODG
Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?

1. Quantum Bands provide some cosmic awareness, yes? I don't know what happens when a new user puts them on for the first time, so this is partly based on speculation.
2. Flash (assuming Barry here) has some experience with a power ring before, which is at least somewhat similar.

'Be.'

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 04:34 PM
ODG

I have no doubt Cap could be quite formidable with a GL ring. But per the OP, he has literally zero knowledge. He doesn't know the ring can make constructs, he doesn't know it can shoot energy, all he knows is that it's a green ring and it's probably going to talk to him a little bit when he puts it on. If he knew it could make constructs, then I'm sure he could make them. I'm just not sure why he would be able to do anything when all he knows is that it's a piece of jewelry. Baz at least had some basic knowledge of the ring as everyone in the DCU does, from having seen them in action before.
Everything you just said would apply to Flash. But Flash somehow does alright with the Quantum Bands... because, y'know... in his case, let's just ignore all the rationale you used against Cap.
Just don't see Thor using them at all erm
He'd go hand to hand with Diana, and get rocked.
Because Thor is useless in H2H? You do know that he's fought Masterson Thor barehanded while Eric was wielding Mjolnir, right?
Good for a regular human, absolutely. Good for here? Not even close.
Considering he gets all of Batman's gear, and his H2H is probably far better than what you're assuming, then I'll simply dismiss your opinion.
1. Quantum Bands provide some cosmic awareness, yes? I don't know what happens when a new user puts them on for the first time, so this is partly based on speculation.
2. Flash (assuming Barry here) has some experience with a power ring before, which is at least somewhat similar.
1. If you have proof that the Quantum Bands provide Cosmic Awareness, by all means, post it.
2. Because somehow Flash knows that the Quantum Bands are, in any way at all, similar to a GL's power ring. I mean, you won't give Cap the benefit of the doubt, but sure, Flash... why not?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Jan 17th, 2014 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2014 02:07 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Avengers win

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2014 02:09 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote