KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Adam Warlock w/IG vs Maelstrom w/Anomaly vs Ereshkigal w/S

Adam Warlock w/IG vs Maelstrom w/Anomaly vs Ereshkigal w/S
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

Adam Warlock w/IG vs Maelstrom w/Anomaly vs Ereshkigal w/S

Starbrand

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 03:42 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Gonna go with the woman that caused the LT to have a *** fit.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 03:59 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Hey Zop

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:23 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Gonna go with the woman that caused the LT to have a *** fit.

No way in hell she's beating Adam. She lost that contest with LT and cried like the b!tch she is.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:23 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Ereshkigal was a potential peer to the Abstracts (although she could have given LT a fight which would have devastated the multiverse, while they were inside the nexus), IG is above them. That makes Warlock > Ereshkigal.

As for Maelstrom (who also had CA, and QB apart from Anomaly's power), he was apparently superior to the IG, despite the fact that the IG clearly possesses greater raw power (it can casually destroy a universe, unlike Maelstrom), and it technically should be above abstract such as anomaly.

So it should be something like Maelstrom > Warlock > Ereshkigal, if we go by the encounters.

But based on raw power, it'd be Warlock > Ereshkigal > Maelstrom.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:32 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

I would take Adam

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:47 PM
Mr Master

Originally posted by operator616

Ereshkigal was a potential peer to the Abstracts (although she could have given LT a fight which would have devastated the multiverse, while they were inside the nexus), IG is above them. That makes Warlock > Ereshkigal.

thumb up Although she wasn't going to give the LT a fight imo.
The multiversal danger was due to the location a struggle may have ensued. (nexus)

LT clearly stated his power was above hers, and as you mentioned at best,
she was a potential peer to the abstracts below the LT. (according to the context of his claim)

Aside from trying to harness the Nexus and unbalancing LC a bit via said Nexus,
Erishkigel was kinda of a joke imo.
She also needed the nexus Guardians to merge with her power in
order to even become a viable threat withIN the Nexus.

As for Maelstrom (who also had CA, and QB apart from Anomaly's power), he was apparently superior to the IG, despite the fact that the IG clearly possesses greater raw power (it can casually destroy a universe, unlike Maelstrom), and it technically should be above abstract such as anomaly.

When did Maelstrom ever defeat or show superiority to the IG?

Maelstrom (amped ridiculously) got stalemate by an Infinity powered Quasar. Then ultimately lost via plot.

IG curbstomped Eternity in one move.

Eternity=Infinity=Oblivion=Death

Which tells us the Maelstrom moment (although nothing really happened)
was either PIS, or the fact that Thanos had just acquired the IG made him less than all-powerful.
Remember, the wielders have to adapt, and even Thanos adapted slower than Magus.

I chalk it up to it taking place in a Quasar book, where Maelstrom had a mission
and said mission's time to be thwarted by Quasar was to take place in later books.
The Thanos scene? Completely pointless. (Gruenwald loved to get high so)

Warlock > Ereshkigal > Maelstrom.

thumb up In every way shape of form.

Last edited by Mr Master on Apr 19th, 2014 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:04 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up Although she wasn't going to give the LT a fight imo.
The multiversal danger was due to the location a struggle may have ensued. (nexus)

she was a potential peer to the abstracts below the LT. (according to the context of his claim)

Mr. M, the LT clearly told her that if he engaged her directly it would cause more multiversal damage than her tampering with the Nexus.

The location had nothing to do with why he wanted to avoid fighting her.

Also, he threatened to enlist the mighty of the multiverse to attack her if she didn't desist. He didn't even threaten Adam Warlock like that during their showdown.

I agree that the current Starbrand is a joke, but Gruenwald clearly had a different opinion (and keep in mind he was the guy that wrote Maelstrom laughing in the face of an IG blast).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:27 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

^ Except for the fact that they were in the nexus when he said that.

what the LT was telling her, is that their fight was going to cause consequences even greater than what she was going to do with the congress (by shifting the cosmic axis). But non of that changes the fact that in both cases, it was via the nexus.

So what that means is: Ereshkigal energies combined with LT's > Erishkigal's energies combined with the congress.

Which makes sense.

Although she wasn't going to give the LT a fight imo.

Aside from trying to harness the Nexus and unbalancing LC a bit via said Nexus,
Erishkigel was kinda of a joke imo.
She also needed the nexus Guardians to merge with her power in
order to even become a viable threat withIN the Nexus.

LT himself said that if they fight then the cosmos would be devastated, which was the multiverse, since he specified that the effects of their fight would have consequences worse than what she did with the cosmic axis, which was multiversal in scope, but all that is due to the nexus, like you said, and like i previously mentioned. But point is, the fact that their fight would devastate reality means that she could have given him a fight, otherwise there wouldn't be any effect if it was as one-sided as you're suggesting. Basically same thing happened with Warlock, LT didn't want to fight Warlock since it would have devastated the 616 reality.

Although if you interpret the LT statement as LT saying that he's gonna one-shot her in a blast that would affect all reality (via nexus), then that's fine, it's your opinion. My opinion on this matter, is that LT was saying that she could give him a fight, which would affect reality (via the nexus), but ultimately he'd defeat her.

Also, before teaming up with some of the congress, she was able to do some damage across realities. It was even mentioned that in the mainstream reality, the entire milky way was threatened:

http://i.imgur.com/tbhUY4l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hKtCiYZ.jpg

And that's how the nexus guardians recognized her power, when she sent shockwaves across realities (through the nexus, of course). She then recruited some of them to simple cause even greater damage.

When did Maelstrom ever defeat or show superiority to the IG?

Maelstrom (amped ridiculously) got stalemate by an Infinity powered Quasar. Then ultimately lost via plot.

IG curbstomped Eternity in one move.

Eternity=Infinity=Oblivion=Death

Which tells us the Maelstrom moment (although nothing really happened)
was either PIS, or the fact that Thanos had just acquired the IG made him less than all-powerful.
Remember, the wielders have to adapt, and even Thanos adapted slower than Magus.

I chalk it up to it taking place in a Quasar book, where Maelstrom had a mission
and said mission's time to be thwarted by Quasar was to take place in later books.
The Thanos scene? Completely pointless. (Gruenwald loved to get high so)

Well, Thanos wanted to blast Maelstrom into oblivion, and failed, and there's a handbook that interprets this as Maelstrom being superior to Thanos. But i get your point, there are too many contradictions. Anomaly is an abstract, and all abstract are well below the IG.

Although at the time of Quasar #24, IG wasn't established to be well above the abstracts including Eternity. So Gruenwald couldn't have taken that into account.

Last edited by operator616 on Apr 19th, 2014 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 03:35 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Mr. M, the LT clearly told her that if he engaged her directly it would cause more multiversal damage than her tampering with the Nexus.
The location had nothing to do with why he wanted to avoid fighting her.

The location had everything to do with it since it was all taking place withIN the Nexus.
Who/what Erishkigel before entering the Nexus and merging with the Guardians? Exactly ... a nobody/nothing.

Also, he threatened to enlist the mighty of the multiverse to attack her if she didn't desist. He didn't even threaten Adam Warlock like that during their showdown.

Senseless after he had just stated his power was above hers. (high Gruenwald at play)

Regardless, the LT came basically with TOAA's power to challenge Warlock. smile

... not to mention that Warlock specifically stated afterwards it was TOAA that was above him. (heck, LT too)

Gruenwald clearly had a different opinion (and keep in mind he was the guy that wrote Maelstrom laughing in the face of an IG blast).

I don't remember Maelstrom doing that.
I recall Maelstrom seemingly obliterated, and then, re-appearing to talk some shit and leave.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 04:14 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Malestrom's body couldn't even sustain the pressure of a black hole. The Space Gem alone could've crushed him. Malestrom also said that he needed to be cautious due to the fact that Thanos may not "be adept" in using the gems just yet so we can attribute it to that. One things for sure.....he sure didn't stick around to find out.

As for Erishkigal, the nexus stuff was all fine and dandy but she has no battle feats and she was only considered a potential peer by LT to beings who were one shot imprisoned by Thanos and then were latter floored by Adam in cosmic court. No comparison IMO.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 04:18 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Then why not simply teleport her away (we've seen him do that with Sliorath), if she was nothing to him, then pound her into oblivion?

Why threaten to bring in the mighty of the multiverse to attack her in the Nexus if it was such a precarious location?

He KNEW what was up with the Starbrand in the hands of a competent user and wanted no part of it (he avoided the fight a second time when he changed his mind about sending the New Universe Earth back to it's correct reality lest he unleash Skeletron with the Starbrand).

Also did you notice his demeanor when facing Eriskegal vs Adam Warlock? There was a sense of panic there with Eriskegal that wasn't there when he was staring down Adam with the IG.

Once the IG was under the LT's authority he shut it down. Once the Starbrand was in his possession he couldn't do anything to it except send it back to Kayla on the downlow.
The location had everything to do with it since it was all taking place withIN the Nexus.
Who/what Erishkigel before entering the Nexus and merging with the Guardians? Exactly ... a nobody/nothing.

Senseless after he had just stated his power was above hers. (high Gruenwald at play)

Regardless, the LT came basically with TOAA's power to challenge Warlock. smile

... not to mention that Warlock specifically stated afterwards it was TOAA that was above him. (heck, LT too)

I don't remember Maelstrom doing that.
I recall Maelstrom seemingly obliterated, and then, re-appearing to talk some shit and leave.

I know how you feel about this my friend. I just think you are underselling the classic Starbrand in the hands of a competent user.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 04:18 PM
Mr Master

what the LT was telling her, is that their fight was going to cause consequences even greater than what she was going to do with the congress (by shifting the cosmic axis). But non of that changes the fact that in both cases, it was via the nexus.

So what that means is: Ereshkigal energies combined with LT's > Erishkigal's energies combined with the congress.

Which makes sense.

thumb up

LT himself said that if they fight then the cosmos would be devastated, which was the multiverse, since he specified that the effects of their fight would have consequences worse than what she did with the cosmic axis, which was multiversal in scope, but all that is due to the nexus, like you said, and like i previously mentioned.

Yep.

But point is, the fact that their fight would devastate reality means that she could have given him a fight, otherwise there wouldn't be any effect if it was as one-sided as you're suggesting.

Imo, it's just exercising power aggressively withIN the Nexus that's dangerous.
This is why these all Nexus entrances are guarded, cause the Nexus itself can be exploited.

Basically same thing happened with Warlock, LT didn't want to fight Warlock since it would have devastated the 616 reality.

Not the same thing since Warlock/LT were not within a Nexus,
but rather withIN the Dimension of Manifestations.
Also, I'd stray from comparing IG to Starbrand.

Although if you interpret the LT statement as LT saying that he's gonna one-shot her in a blast that would affect all reality (via nexus), then that's fine, it's your opinion. My opinion on this matter, is that LT was saying that she could give him a fight, which would affect reality (via the nexus), but ultimately he'd defeat her.

I disagree, but that's cool.
Erishkigel never did anything that warrants her giving the LT any kind of trouble.

Also, before teaming up with some of the congress, she was able to do some damage across realities. It was even mentioned that in the mainstream reality, the entire milky way threatened:
http://i.imgur.com/tbhUY4l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hKtCiYZ.jpg
And that's how the nexus guardians recognized her power, when she sent shockwaves across realities (through the nexus, of course). She then recruited some of them to simple cause even greater damage.

Ok, I knew that, but I don't see how it upgrades my view of her good friend.
Accessing multiple realities via a Nexus is moot because, they're using a Nexus.
Also, she slightly shifted the cosmic axis with her shockwave but again,
because the shockwaves were let off withIN the Nexus.

Research Erishkigel/Starbrand before she entered the Nexus,
you'll surprise me if you find anything Global.
I remember she expended vast amounts of energy just to open a dimensional portal. lol

But i get your point, there are too many contradictions. Anomaly is an abstract, and all abstract are well below the IG.

thumb up

Although at the time of Quasar #24, IG wasn't established to be well above the abstracts including Eternity. So Gruenwald couldn't have taken that into account.

Good point. Thanos was also a complete newb at that point.
Gruenwald mentioned this too when Maelstrom was approaching Thanos.
It's possible Gruenwald used that as his excuse and we're just missing it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 04:33 PM
Mr Master

Originally posted by Sundipped

Malestrom's body couldn't even sustain the pressure of a black hole. The Space Gem alone could've crushed him. Malestrom also said that he needed to be cautious due to the fact that Thanos may not "be adept" in using the gems just yet so we can attribute it to that. One things for sure.....he sure didn't stick around to find out.

As for Erishkigal, the nexus stuff was all fine and dandy but she has no battle feats and she was only considered a potential peer by LT to beings who were one shot imprisoned by Thanos and then were latter floored by Adam in cosmic court. No comparison IMO.

thumb up

There's also the fact that the Incomplete IG (while Magus/Warlock battled over it)
operated across countless universeS, across the entire Multiverse in fact,
in fact, they ended up at the farthest edges of the Multiverse ... and from there,
froze all reality, Ended all reality, and Remade all reality.
heck,
there were still Time Ripples lingering 1000 Years in the Future surrounding Reality-691 witnessed by Strange.

All On Panel baby!

Oh yea, Mr M found that latest edition. smile

Now let's try and imagine the possibilities of the complete IG.
(when Thanos said Incomplete IG was but a taste of Godhood)
No wonder Starlin had em say he was Supreme of ALL UniverseS,
no wonder the LT came with TOAA's power to challenge Warlock)

Last edited by Mr Master on Apr 19th, 2014 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 04:39 PM
operator616

Then why not simply teleport her away (we've seen him do that with Sliorath), if she was nothing to him, then pound her into oblivion?

Why threaten to bring in the mighty of the multiverse to attack her in the Nexus if it was such a precarious location?

He KNEW what was up with the Starbrand in the hands of a competent user and wanted no part of it (he avoided the fight a second time when he changed his mind about sending the New Universe Earth back to it's correct reality lest he unleash Skeletron with the Starbrand).

Also did you notice his demeanor when facing Eriskegal vs Adam Warlock? There was a sense of panic there with Eriskegal that wasn't there when he was staring down Adam with the IG.

Once the IG was under the LT's authority he shut it down. Once the Starbrand was in his possession he couldn't do anything to it except send it back to Kayla on the downlow.

So what you're trying to say, is that the Starbrand is a multiversal power?

Let's flip the question, then: Why did Ereshigal need the nexus, and then the congress, if she has a multiversal power? Id really like an explanation for that.

You're still not realizing the difference between the two instances. There was a greater panic in the Ereshkigal instance because their fight would devastate the multiverse (which was only because they were inside the nexus and not any other reason). while in the Warlock instance it was specified that it would have destroyed the 616-reality only and no the whole multiverse.

Actually, i realize exactly what's the difference between the two. IG was clearly a greater threat power-wise, while the starbrand due to its nature of being present from a different multiverse, was the reason of it being an actual threat, and could upset the balance in the multiverse. This was stated several times. In the Ereshkigal instance (Quasar #49):

http://i.imgur.com/pRkal5a.jpg?2

And here's another example from Quasar #57, LT saying it:

http://i.imgur.com/qOPES9Z.jpg

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:10 PM
Mr Master

Let's flip the question, then: Why did Ereshigal need the nexus, and then the congress, if she has a multiversal power? Id really like an explanation for that.

You're still not realizing the difference between the two instances. There was a greater panic in the Ereshkigal instance because their fight would devastate the multiverse (which was only because they were inside the nexus and not any other reason). while in the Warlock instance it was specified that it would have destroyed the 616-reality only and no the whole multiverse.

Actually, i realize exactly what's the difference between the two. IG was clearly a greater threat power-wise, while the starbrand due to its nature of being present from a different multiverse, was the reason of it being an actual threat, and could upset the balance in the multiverse. This was stated several times. In the Ereshkigal instance (Quasar #49):

thumb up

while in the Warlock instance it was specified that it would have destroyed the 616-reality only and no the whole multiverse.

The Dimension of Manifestations actually.

Still, it's funny when Warlock and Magus/Incomplete IG blew up the Entire Multiverse in their struggle.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:15 PM
operator616

Not the same thing since Warlock/LT were not within a Nexus,
but rather withIN the Dimension of Manifestations.
Also, I'd stray from comparing IG to Starbrand.

By "same" i meant that in both of those instances, LT didn't want to fight because it would damage reality.

But Warlock/LT would have definitely damaged the 616-reality only, since LT said it would lay waste to "this reality", which clearly isn't a reference to the DoM but rather 616-reality (much like when Warlock referred to Eternity as being the embodiment of "this" reality, clearly referring to the 616-reality, since we both know that Eternity isn't the embodiment of DoM).

I wasn't comparing IG and Starbrand power-wise.

I disagree, but that's cool.
Erishkigel never did anything that warrants her giving the LT any kind of trouble.

Ok, I knew that, but I don't see how it upgrades my view of her good friend.
Accessing multiple realities via a Nexus is moot because, they're using a Nexus.
Also, she slightly shifted the cosmic axis with her shockwave but again,
because the shockwaves were let off withIN the Nexus.

Research Erishkigel/Starbrand before she entered the Nexus,
you'll surprise me if you find anything Global.
I remember she expended vast amounts of energy just to open a dimensional portal. lol

Well you said that without the congress, she never did anything within the nexus, so i referred you to that scene. And imo, it's impressive (perhaps the most impressive thing she did, but clearly not IG-impressive). She sent shockwaves into each one of those holes (each one leading to a different reality), and in the 616-reality she threatened milky way, so presumable it had similar effects on other realities. That's worth mentioning, imo.

Good point. Thanos was also a complete newb at that point.
Gruenwald mentioned this too when Maelstrom was approaching Thanos.
It's possible Gruenwald used that as his excuse and we're just missing it.

Yeah, that's possible.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:20 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I fully realize what you are saying, that she was only a threat because of where the battle took place.

What I'm saying is, why didn't the LT simply erase her from existence if she was nothing to him?

Why not move the battle to a location where he wouldn't worry about the Nexus, since she was nothing to him, he could have easily moved her against her will no?

Why threaten to enlist the mighty of the multiverse to attack her at such a delicate location if the whole reason he wanted to avoid fighting her was because of the damage a fight like that would cause to the Nexus and hence all reality? Since she was nothing to him, why even threaten to enlist a multiversal posse to attack her? He could have done it by himself no?

Even against Warlock with the IG, he didn't threaten to attack him with a multiversal posse despite the damage they would cause to the Dimension of Manifestations.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:24 PM
operator616

The Dimension of Manifestations actually.

Still, it's funny when Warlock and Magus/Incomplete IG blew up the Entire Multiverse in their struggle.

I realize that they were in the DoM. Non of that changes that they referred to 616-reality as "this reality".

Same comic, Eternity says that he's the embodiment all there is in this universe, despite being in the DoM:

http://i.imgur.com/CkSBLuU.jpg?1

That means that Eternity is the embodiment of DoM? I think not.

There are several examples in that same comic. Re-read it. Of course there are other examples from other comics, which im sure you're aware of. Just because LT said that it would lay waste to "this reality" doesn't mean its DoM.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:32 PM
operator616

I fully realize what you are saying, that she was only a threat because of where the battle took place.

What I'm saying is, why didn't the LT simply erase her from existence if she was nothing to him?

Why not move the battle to a location where he wouldn't worry about the Nexus, since she was nothing to him, he could have easily moved her against her will no?

Why threaten to enlist the mighty of the multiverse to attack her at such a delicate location if the whole reason he wanted to avoid fighting her was because of the damage a fight like that would cause to the Nexus and hence all reality? Since she was nothing to him, why even threaten to enlist a multiversal posse to attack her? He could have done it by himself no?

Even against Warlock with the IG, he didn't threaten to attack him with a multiversal posse despite the damage they would cause to the Dimension of Manifestations.

Well, she had a power source which is alien to the mainstream multiverse, and was upsetting its balance, so it's possible that's what keeping LT from doing that....or for plot reasons.

I never said that she was nothing to him, read my posts, i said that she could give him a fight. Also, right on the same page that he said that he'd enlist the mighty powers of the multiverse to fight her, he said that she couldn't withstand his power. I still don't get the point of these questions. Are you suggesting that she's more powerful than LT? or a multiversal power?

The Warlock/LT fight would have been only limited to the 616 reality not DoM (already explained).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:43 PM