KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who wouldn't be KO'd by a 7 mile fall?

Who wouldn't be KO'd by a 7 mile fall?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Who wouldn't be KO'd by a 7 mile fall?

If we were to consider this in G forces, this seems to be quite a number in terms of actual weight hitting the pavement. A fall from this height KO'd Red Hulk, and at first I thought that this was pretty wimpy, but after thinking about it, he was actually hit with a lot of weight. So the question here, is if you made any Super Hero 1,200 lbs, who wouldn't be KO'd from a fall of 7 miles?

Old Post May 5th, 2014 11:32 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Any non jobbing CL100 could do it. Hell most Cl75-90s could probably do it too.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 11:43 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Shaw

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post May 5th, 2014 11:59 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Cloth Seiya

Batman has a cape so he will just glide.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 12:27 AM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Rulk really should have no sold that

Old Post May 6th, 2014 12:42 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 6th, 2014 at 02:27 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2014 02:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Honestly its a pretty bad low, Luke Cage could probably walk it off.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 6th, 2014 02:29 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Considering that you would add 1200 extra pounds for every 6 feet that you free fall, a lot of these guys might be KO'd as well no?

Last edited by Stoic on May 6th, 2014 at 03:30 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2014 03:26 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Considering that you would add 1200 extra pounds for every 6 feet that you free fall, a lot of these guys might be KO'd as well no?

No.....

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 05:35 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

A nearly depowered Superman was thrown so hard by Khyber that he cracked open Earth and threw it out of orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/VIle6pQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cWLCbXj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rpad8G4.jpg

Old Post May 6th, 2014 06:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Thing has survived it and came in swinging so has colossus

Old Post May 6th, 2014 11:20 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Captain America stick out tongue

Old Post May 6th, 2014 11:44 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

7 miles is kinda redundant since a person falling within the atmosphere (near the zero-altitude) reaches the terminal velocity way sooner than that; after a 0.3 mile fall or so.

So the question actually becomes, who wouldn't be KO'd by hitting the ground at terminal velocity (195 km/h or 122 mph or 54 m/s - wikipedia). Many class 100s should be able to take it, although sometimes even Thor, Hulk, etc. do get KO'd by similar or lesser hits (Hulk during the Infinity Crusade, Thor from falling from a tall building, Silver Surfer from getting hit by a baseball bat, ...).

Old Post May 6th, 2014 01:46 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Magnon
7 miles is kinda redundant since a person falling within the atmosphere (near the zero-altitude) reaches the terminal velocity way sooner than that; after a 0.3 mile fall or so.

So the question actually becomes, who wouldn't be KO'd by hitting the ground at terminal velocity (195 km/h or 122 mph or 54 m/s - wikipedia). Many class 100s should be able to take it, although sometimes even Thor, Hulk, etc. do get KO'd by similar or lesser hits (Hulk during the Infinity Crusade, Thor from falling from a tall building, Silver Surfer from getting hit by a baseball bat, ...).

When was surfer knocked out by a bat? And Thor wasn't KOED by that fall since Spidey rescued him.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 01:54 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This should answer your question since Hulk and Red Hulk is the same build and weight. A weakened Hulk jumps from Sakaar moon all the way to the planet with a smile on his face...and he tanks it.

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/En...entry1.jpg.html

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/En...entry2.jpg.html

That was a lowshowing for Rulk.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 6th, 2014 02:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Originally posted by abhilegend
When was surfer knocked out by a bat? And Thor wasn't KOED by that fall since Spidey rescued him.

Surfer - the famous mexican scene.

Thor - guess you're right, must've confused that with another scene.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 02:51 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Magnon
Surfer - the famous mexican scene.

Thor - guess you're right, must've confused that with another scene.

Surfer wasn't KOED and that comic is most likely non canon.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 03:00 PM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Originally posted by abhilegend
A nearly depowered Superman was thrown so hard by Khyber that he cracked open Earth and threw it out of orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/VIle6pQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cWLCbXj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rpad8G4.jpg

You know you could have just said superman

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post May 6th, 2014 06:53 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
You know you could have just said superman

I believe that Superman was in a state of undeath after that toss. Kyber really worked him.

Also I believe that any sub Class 100, and even low Class 100's would be pulverized by the impact mentioned in the OP. If my math is correct Red hulk was hit by 3,696 tons at the point of impact.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 09:52 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
Thing.

Like that time when Sentry threw him out of Baxter Building...?

Old Post May 6th, 2014 10:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote