KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » So loud ...

So loud ...
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

So loud ...

Noisemakers Incorporated!

Who or what wields or represents the ultimate in sonics/hypersonics/antisonics and/or sound related devices in comicdom?

I'm looking either for instances of remarkable sound feats or beings thought of traditionally as sonic masters.

Here's a preliminary list of some major contenders for the title:

Banshee, Sean Cassidy (Marvel Comics)
*Black Bolt
Black Canary
Dazzler
Havoc
Hulk (thunderclaps)
Klaw
Red She-Hulk
Shocker (Marvel Comics)
Silver Banshee (DC)

I'll start with the instance foremost in my mind and the individual I think most likely destined to win this contest, at least in modern times.
Note, however, you can choose a character or feat from any era that you think deserves honorable mention here:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...BlackBolt08.jpg

(Black Bolt drops the Hulk in IH #175.)

comsonomatopoeia

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:10 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman screamed and saved the multiverse. That's gotta count for something.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

No, no agenda here AT ALL.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:08 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Oh please

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:52 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Luke Cage thunderclap ftw big grin

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:24 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant

Did he generate light?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:32 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

The Overkill Horn:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/overkillhorn.htm

For when you need to get rid of annoying adamantium barriers and such.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:29 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by basilisk
The Overkill Horn:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/overkillhorn.htm

For when you need to get rid of annoying adamantium barriers and such.

Pfft.

(a short while later)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:32 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hulk Thunderclap was so powerful that he was able to drop Red Hulk AFTER Rulk absorbed enough power to throw a punch that created a nuclear explosion.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1494/hulk2402122.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8161/hulk24023.jpg

Basically koed an amped Rulk.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Originally posted by carver9
Rulk absorbed enough power to throw a punch that created a nuclear explosion.

This is not that impressive. We know some high heralds that can destroy planets with punchs. This is more than a trillion times bigger than a nuclear explosion.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:42 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, saved!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 09:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

confused

"For the win", indeed ...

I'm not sure, but I think that showing might make less sense than anything else I've seen this year.

I'll invent a category to give a showing THAT unexpected a prize, though.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 09:28 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 09:36 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Looks as if DC had to go and make Superman outdo Black Bolt here. I wonder when the arms race will get out of control with DCnU Superman?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 09:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Stoic
Looks as if DC had to go and make Superman outdo Black Bolt here. I wonder when the arms race will get out of control with DCnU Superman?

That's not a showing of personal power so much as uncanny skill and, IIRC, Braniac 5's extraordinary intelligence.
Mother Boxes are well known for doing amazing things in any era, including allowing Batman to legitimately survive a pounding from Darkseid, and, arguably, turning a yellow sun into a red sun (Supergirl Volume 5 #17 or thereabouts).
It's certainly a credit to Superman that he could remember the specs to building something like that
(he had to construct the machine from one look at a unit Braniac 5 had tucked safely away),
but it's more the equivalent of a speaker or singer doing their work over an intercom or megaphone system, IF we're talking purely sound wise.

Also, that's not DCnU Superman but the so-called "pre-boot" version.
If I recall correctly, that scene was the resolution of Final Crisis, the series that took place just before the company wide "Flashpoint" event.

Definitely earns a place in this thread just the same.
Likewise, the "wish machine" Superman constructed will be given extra consideration for best sound device.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 01:30 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
That's not a showing of personal power so much as uncanny skill and, IIRC, Braniac 5's extraordinary intelligence.
Mother Boxes are well known for doing amazing things in any era, including allowing Batman to legitimately survive a pounding from Darkseid, and, arguably, turning a yellow sun into a red sun (Supergirl Volume 5 #17 or thereabouts).
It's certainly a credit to Superman that he could remember the specs to building something like that
(he had to construct the machine from one look at a unit Braniac 5 had tucked safely away),
but it's more the equivalent of a speaker or singer doing their work over an intercom or megaphone system, IF we're talking purely sound wise.

Also, that's not DCnU Superman but the so-called "pre-boot" version.
If I recall correctly, that scene was the resolution of Final Crisis, the series that took place just before the company wide "Flashpoint" event.

Definitely earns a place in this thread just the same.
Likewise, the "wish machine" Superman constructed will be given extra consideration for best sound device.

Yeah I knew what era Superman it was. The rest i didn't know. Thanks for the info.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 01:35 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I think, to find a "Black Bolt" style showing from the supers, you'd have to go back a few years. For starters, that sort of thing is generally viewed today as destructive, and thus not the sort of thing our Kryptonian heroes would be wont to do if they had better alternatives. In fact, the only BB style episode in the DCnU that I know of is an unfocused cry of pain that comes when Superman's cousin Supergirl is assaulted by mech bots. It's not directly the mech bots themselves that cause the distress -- Supergirl is experiencing the influx of worldwide sound that comes as her superpowers activate for the first time -- but they certainly compound it ... AND begin to suffer for unwittingly doing so ...

(Supergirl Volume 6, #1)

Attachment: supergwail01.jpg
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 01:53 PM
bluewaterrider

The episode is somewhat amusing.

Everything these guys do to try to fight or capture Kara just seems to make it harder on them.

The resulting damage to their suits from that wail makes SG #1 worthy of mention in this thread, though.

Note the cracks swiftly forming in the otherwise durable metal of those armours ...

Attachment: supergwail02.jpg
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 02:00 PM
bluewaterrider

Juggernaut versus Nimrod.

Sound does what even Hulkforce has been unable to do when Nimrod uses "ultrahigh frequency sonics" on Juggs.

Uncanny X-Men #194.

Attachment: uncanny xmen 194. ultra high frequency sonics render juggernaut insensible jvnimrod.jpg
This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 02:57 PM