KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » H/P Doomsday, Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy, & Pre-Crisis Validus vs Gorr, WBH, & Odin

H/P Doomsday, Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy, & Pre-Crisis Validus vs Gorr, WBH, & Odin
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

H/P Doomsday, Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy, & Pre-Crisis Validus vs Gorr, WBH, & Odin

No bfr. Who wins?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 09:45 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

PC validus solos.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:07 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Over Odin?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:42 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Over Odin?

Yeah, over his knee.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Reflassshh
PC validus solos.

Any reason why you think so? Because theres nothing Validus has done to suggest that. Odin alone is well above him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:01 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I figured Odin vs Validus and WBH vs Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy and H/P Doomsday vs Gorr

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:10 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by operator616
Any reason why you think so? Because theres nothing Validus has done to suggest that. Odin alone is well above him.
pc superman, mon el, and ultra-boy are all solidly in the trans teir and validus was treating all of them like they were weak feebs (not to mention all of the other LoSH members that attacked him).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:37 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Odin was beating Thanos a trans he was able to beat Seth the Dark Gods Surtur and I assume others in the Trans and Skyfather levels.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:59 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I suppose the keyword is "treating them like weak weebs"

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:04 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

VALIDUS KILLS THEM ALL!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:42 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Well, id like one person in this thread to give an actual valid reason as to why Validus takes on Odin, much less the whole team. Go ahead.

Originally posted by deathslash
pc superman, mon el, and ultra-boy are all solidly in the trans teir and validus was treating all of them like they were weak feebs (not to mention all of the other LoSH members that attacked him).

And that's supposed to somehow put him above Odin? Odin can handle SA Superboy, Mon-El and Ultra-Boy easily. Just an FYI

Funny you should mention that. Here's Superboy/Mon-el/Ultra-Boy KOing Validus in Superboy #231 though:

http://i.imgur.com/cefOwS8.jpg?1

Same comic Colossal Boy was doing fine against Validus. And he's not on Superboy's level.

And btw, that's the bronze age, in which Superboy/Superman were depowered. Superman was officially depowered in Superman #242 (along with multiple letter's pages establishing that). Superboy was unofficially depowered. Since if you read his comics, you'll notice there's a large gap between his SA and BA feats. And the BA has much more low showings. And Mon-el and Ultra-Boy were always on his level (Validus was actually stated to be 12 times stronger than SA Superboy, which is very impressive but....one's gotta consider all showings).

Inertron has contained Validus.

The Sun Eater (the one from Adventure Comics #353) who is below Odin's level, was stated to dwarf the Legion + Fatal Five (including Validus). And they had to amp themselves to actually face it.

Hell, Shadow Lass iirc managed to use pressure points on Validus in one of the early Legion v2 issues.

Saturn Girl managed to manipulate his psychic attacks (which is the only thing he has besides strength....not much to go against Odin)

Validus is also below Darkseid (and im not talking about the amped GDS version, im talking about regular; and regular Darkseid pre-crisis was not on Odin's level either)

So based on all of that, im supposed to believe that Validus is in any way comparable to Odin? Why would one think that Validus can solo a team of Gorr, Odin and WBH Hulk (who's the only one i can certainly say gets defeated by Validus) is beyond me.

Last edited by operator616 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:44 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

The combination of speed and power that Validus displayed in dispatching trans tier/low Skyfather characters justifies the opinion.

Straight up of Odin engages Validus the way he did Mangog he gets savaged. In the context of the team battle, Validus easily solos Gorr and WBH.

There is a bit of hyperbole and humor but in the end...

Venne Vetti VALIDUS

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:50 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by deathslash

When did Validus defy a time stop? How does he resist a mind that was able to battle Galactus' mind in a TP battle? What does he do when Odin amps up to levels beyond what he can handle, and then becomes a 1000ft tall giant that stomps the mess out of him? Odin solos.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 10:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The combination of speed and power that Validus displayed in dispatching trans tier/low Skyfather characters justifies the opinion.

Straight up of Odin engages Validus the way he did Mangog he gets savaged. In the context of the team battle, Validus easily solos Gorr and WBH.

There is a bit of hyperbole and humor but in the end...

Venne Vetti VALIDUS

Validus has never won against skyfather beings. Ultra Boy, Mon-El and Superboy were Trans level in SA only. And even then, it was more like low trans or mid at best. Not sure how's that supposed to be comparable to Odin in any way though.

But yeah, let's look at how Validus compares to Skyfather characters shall we? smile

Sun Eater is not even Skyfather. It's a Trans-level character, who destroys galaxies by gradually destroying the stars (not instantly) and it was literally stated to be billions of times more powerful than the Legion + Fatal Five (including Validus):

http://i.imgur.com/1ni5jon.jpg?1

And as confirmed when they had to amp themselves to face it.

Darkseid, is another Trans-level character, and he created and can uncreate Validus easily. Darkseid creating Validus in LOSH v2 annual #3:

http://i.imgur.com/2rKay5g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t7YFUKS.jpg

Darkseid uncreating Validus easily in LOSH v3 annual #2

http://i.imgur.com/P0GOMyU.jpg

And please don't go around referencing GDS Darkseid, because that was an amped up version. Pre-

Btw, Odin has defeated Mangog on several occassions. Though he's different from Validus, since Odin can't cut him from his power source as he did Mangog. Doesn't change the fact that Odin can outright stomp him.

2 examples where Trans-level (or let's even say skyfather in Sun Eater's case) where Validus is easily shown to be far below them. So why should we presume that Validus isn't inferior to Odin? Especially when he has no showings to support the fact that he can take on someone like Odin?

Just because it's a "Pre-Crisis" character doesn't grant him the auto-win.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 10:21 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Validus is a better Mangog, why did Odin always flee from Mangog or needed help?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 10:22 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Validus is a better Mangog, why did Odin always flee from Mangog or needed help?

What makes you believe that Pre Crisis Val is more powerful than silver age Mangog in the first place? What if just one of his billion billion beings were as strong as the Thing alone? He'd be a pretty powerful guy right?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 10:48 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Stoic
What makes you believe that Pre Crisis Val is more powerful than silver age Mangog in the first place? What if just one of his billion billion beings were as strong as the Thing alone? He'd be a pretty powerful guy right?

Answering a question with a question?

Mangog is a brute. Val is a brute. Odin didn't use time stop or other means. Easy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 10:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Answering a question with a question?

Mangog is a brute. Val is a brute. Odin didn't use time stop or other means. Easy.

Just because he didn't use it doesn't mean that he can't. I fully agree that just because Pre Crisis mentioned doesn't mean auto win. Odin has so many powers that he would easily defeat any of the guys on team one.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:34 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Ok, first thing's first, I never said that I think validus can solo. Someone asked Reflash why he thought validus can solo and I answered the question for him. The next thing I know, half the people here are jump down my throat and trying to rip out my vocal cords for poluting the thread with such nonsense.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 12:06 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by operator616
Validus has never won against skyfather beings. Ultra Boy, Mon-El and Superboy were Trans level in SA only. And even then, it was more like low trans or mid at best. Not sure how's that supposed to be comparable to Odin in any way though.

But yeah, let's look at how Validus compares to Skyfather characters shall we? smile

Sun Eater is not even Skyfather. It's a Trans-level character, who destroys galaxies by gradually destroying the stars (not instantly) and it was literally stated to be billions of times more powerful than the Legion + Fatal Five (including Validus):

http://i.imgur.com/1ni5jon.jpg?1

And as confirmed when they had to amp themselves to face it.

Darkseid, is another Trans-level character, and he created and can uncreate Validus easily. Darkseid creating Validus in LOSH v2 annual #3:

http://i.imgur.com/2rKay5g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t7YFUKS.jpg

Darkseid uncreating Validus easily in LOSH v3 annual #2

http://i.imgur.com/P0GOMyU.jpg

And please don't go around referencing GDS Darkseid, because that was an amped up version. Pre-

Btw, Odin has defeated Mangog on several occassions. Though he's different from Validus, since Odin can't cut him from his power source as he did Mangog. Doesn't change the fact that Odin can outright stomp him.

2 examples where Trans-level (or let's even say skyfather in Sun Eater's case) where Validus is easily shown to be far below them. So why should we presume that Validus isn't inferior to Odin? Especially when he has no showings to support the fact that he can take on someone like Odin?

Just because it's a "Pre-Crisis" character doesn't grant him the auto-win.

If you use examples outside of PC that invalidates the parameters of the thread.

Given the DC side I would presume this is more akin to a physical battle rather than allowing Odin all of his abilities. Even if the skyfather can bring everything to bare, how are his battles with Mangog irrelevant?

Odin has the advantage given all his abilities but he is certaintly not dispatching of Validus with ease.

Looking at the battle it is Odin vs H/P Doomsday, Grundy and Validus.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 01:49 AM