KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentry vs Starbrand

Sentry vs Starbrand
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Sentry vs Starbrand

This is the regular old Sentry before Siege vs current Starbrand wielder.

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Sentry murders him. A competent Sentry has humiliated Terrax, SUPPOSEDLY tussled with Galactus off panel, went toe to toe with WWH, and killed Molecule Man.

Ellis/Hickbrand has done what?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:44 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop

and killed a mentally unstable severely weakend Molecule Man.

thumb up big grin

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:40 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sentry murders him. A competent Sentry has humiliated Terrax, SUPPOSEDLY tussled with Galactus off panel, went toe to toe with WWH, and killed Molecule Man.

Ellis/Hickbrand has done what?

Tossed the Hulk into orbit, took Thor's Mjonir hit and said that it tickled. There's a couple of other things that he did, but they've escaped my mind at the moment

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:55 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up big grin

Oh I know MM wasn't anywhere near full power.

But still it was an impressive feat. Keep in mind even before SWI, MM was a monster power wise. He effortlessly curbed Thor/Surfer/Cap/IM. He disintegrated their weapons like they were made of paper and would have killed them if it wasn't for SS's quick thinking. This was a lesser version of MM too since he couldn't affect organic molecules.

The version Sentry beat could affect organic molecules (so he was a step up from the version the Avengers faced) but he was NOWHERE near Owen's true potential.
Originally posted by Stoic
Tossed the Hulk into orbit, took Thor's Mjonir hit and said that it tickled. There's a couple of other things that he did, but they've escaped my mind at the moment

So he BFRed Hulk (who wasn't hurt at all) and took a Mjolnir shot to the chest (something Surfer has done without injury too). That's it? He's got nothing. Sentry breaks him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:17 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Star brand stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by carver9
Star brand stomps.

This should be interesting. Explain how with on panel examples please.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you know, the sb in the new universe wasn't much differently portrayed when it initially appeared. i think the marvel sb hasn't had experience yet, but i think the power is still mostly there. in a fight i think this would be really close. i could def see sb taking some. depends on how sentry is written. loads of potential here for both.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Why does Zop hate SB so much?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:10 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Because he's Zop the Flop.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:10 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by leonidas
you know, the sb in the new universe wasn't much differently portrayed when it initially appeared. i think the marvel sb hasn't had experience yet, but i think the power is still mostly there. in a fight i think this would be really close. i could def see sb taking some. depends on how sentry is written. loads of potential here for both.

IMHO, what we see now is what we are gonna get with the Ellis/Hickman Starbrand. It's been a year or so and he's done nothing of consequence with it. He's even had extensive training from Nightmask on how to use and control his power so he's not a 'noob' anymore.

Any stable version of Sentry should get the majority wins off SB. Voidtry would destroy him 10/10.
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Why does Zop hate SB so much?

I don't. I'm a huge fan of the Starbrand. What we are seeing now isn't the Classic Starbrand but Ellis/Hickman's take on it. It's a damn joke and shadow of it's former self.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:17 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Oh I know MM wasn't anywhere near full power.

But still it was an impressive feat. Keep in mind even before SWI, MM was a monster power wise. He effortlessly curbed Thor/Surfer/Cap/IM. He disintegrated their weapons like they were made of paper and would have killed them if it wasn't for SS's quick thinking. This was a lesser version of MM too since he couldn't affect organic molecules.

The version Sentry beat could affect organic molecules (so he was a step up from the version the Avengers faced) but he was NOWHERE near Owen's true potential.

So he BFRed Hulk (who wasn't hurt at all) and took a Mjolnir shot to the chest (something Surfer has done without injury too). That's it? He's got nothing. Sentry breaks him.

He said that the shot that he took tickled it's quite different than taking a hit that jars the shit out of one guy, and tickles another.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:23 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
He said that the shot that he took tickled it's quite different than taking a hit that jars the shit out of one guy, and tickles another.

Surfer took the exact same hit to the chest and was similarly unfazed. It happened during the lead up to the Odin/Galactus showdown in the Mighty Thor.

Thor flung Mjolnir at Surfer. It hit him dead center in his chest and sent him flying back. Surfer got right back up as if nothing happened and was telling Thor to calm down. It was literally the same scenario as with the Starbrand except it involved Thor/Surfer instead of Thor/Starbrand.

Can anyone post the scan? I had it but I don't know where it is now.
EDIT : Here's the scene
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by zopzop on Jul 27th, 2014 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:27 PM
DarkSaint85

Sentry wins.

SB would win based on hype, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he can win.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Sentry's power fluctuates. If we take Sentry at his best (Terrax Sentry and Genis Sentry) then he wins. Any other Sentry (WWH, etc.) loses.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 03:44 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Wow. When losing to WWH is seen as a low showing...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 07:30 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wow. When losing to WWH is seen as a low showing...

That's the power of the Sentry, son! B-)

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 08:04 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up big grin

quote:
and killed a mentally unstable severely weakend Molecule Man.

Soooooooo... You're saying that a mentally unstable SENTRY killed a mentally unstable Molecule Man?

Gotcha wink

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 02:36 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This should be interesting. Explain how with on panel examples please.

He took on the most powerful team in comics right now and held his own while tanking their attacks. It took Hulk dive bombing him from space to stop him. He dropped Hyperion tanked Thor attacks while defending himself with a powerful blast. Sentry even though he is extremely powerful isn't taking on a team of that caliber...and this happened during the time when he knew 0 about his power. After that he became more fluent with all of his abilities. Sentry will give him a fight but he will lose.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 02:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Epicurus
Because he's Zop the Flop.
Irony.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 02:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote